Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 16

Page 16 of 180 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Gryphon Turboclaw: Wish will still heal the next pokemon if you swap out normally or die.

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

I'm new to EV training and I EV'd trained a Girafarig in Sp. Atk. from level 1 to 100. I thought I was doing okay since the sp. atk. stat was the highest but when he finally got to lv. 100 he didn't max out. The stat is high but according to bulbapedia the max is 306 but mine is at around 266ish. I started battling with Gastly, Haunter, Gengar. I moved on to Psyduck and Golduck then I finished with mostly Gloom and Venomoth. He held the Power Lens the whole way through and even had Pkrs at one point.

What did I do wrong?

Blog Entries

It's probably because it has a low SpAtk IV and either a neutral or hindering nature. With 252 SpAtk EVs, a 31 IV and a neutral nature yields 276- closer to what you have.

Absolute max SpAtk on a Girafarig with a positive nature is 306.

Thanks for your input Tina.

So does this mean I can leave it as is and use it or does it not count as a EV and do I have to start from scratch with another Girafarig with the right IV and Nature?

When it rains, it drowns Kikatsu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Versityle View Post

So does this mean I can leave it as is and use it or does it not count as a EV and do I have to start from scratch with another Girafarig with the right IV and Nature?
    You could start again if you really want a new girafarig, but the one you have is fairly strong as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Versityle View Post
    Thanks for your input Tina.

Like Kikatsu says, your Girafarig is strong but if you really want one with a maxed out Sp.A, I'd breed another one and check its IVs with an online calculator such as - http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/OnlineProgram/Calculators/IV.aspx

That way, you don't raise the Pokemon all the way up to 100 just to be disappointed.

Registered User Gryphon Turboclaw's Avatar

Question Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Question: How many times can each of the following Mystery Gift cards be sent from one copy of DPPt to another?

-----10th movie Darkrai(the one with Roar of Time and Spacial Rend, distributed by TRU last year)
    -----Deoxys(the one distributed by Gamestop last year)
    -----11th movie Shaymin(distributed by TRU this Feburary)
    -----11th movie Regigigas(currently being distributed by TRU)

I'm asking this partly because I know full well that I'm going to have to trash one of the first two on each of my Diamond and Pearl games in order to get Regigigas(just how much space does a Gift Card take up on a game's data storage, anyway?). Thanks in advance.
    Avid Advance/Ability/Fire/Imite/Morpheusshipper, because Ash deserves to eventually be with someone who will treat him as an equal, not as a little brother or lesser rival.

Also supports Coastline(Misty actually *respects* Dorian enough to be able to carry out a healthy romantic relationship with him), Luck(no way in hell Lucy's forgotten about Brock), and Twinleafshipping(as much as I like Kenny as a person, Barry should have gotten his role---and the crush on Dawn---too).

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

So, I got an event Regigigas today, and am ready to start SRing. Anything in particular I should look for? Suggestions on what to use it for in a team (ie sweeper, tank, etc.)?
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

CB Sweeper with Crush Grip Adamant nature or even (+Atk -Spd) nature. It won't be able to outstall long enough.

Blog Entries

+Atk -Spd's Brave, just a headsup. :P

Blog Entries

Wouldn't I want something at least a little defensive, though, to compensate for those first 5 turns when Slow Start is activated?

"He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

Only if you are battling stupid people, you will be walled by atleast turn 3. Besides it would be very defensive considering yo won't be using speed EVs and will use HP anyway.

You could always try to outstall with Sub Punch or try making it more support with Knock off and status.

Crush Grip Regi should only be used early game though since it would be weaker for later game.

I wish Platinum Regi wasn't level 1, makes it so hard to calculate IVs.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the suggestions, iPoke.

A few questions on Substitute:
    1. When something uses Substitute, does it have to use Baton Pass in order for another pokemon to use it, or can it just switch out?

2. This is kind of a complicated question to phrase on it's own, so I'll give a hypothetical example; Drifblim uses Substitute, then switches to an electric-type. The opponent uses Earthquake. Does Earthquake still affect the Substitute, since the pokemon that made it is immune to Earthquake?

3. A similar scenario: let's say that same Drifblim uses Substitute, and then a Dark-type pokemon comes in. The opponent uses Psychic. Does Psychic affect the substitute, since the pokemon behind it is immune to the move?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Edo-kun View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, iPoke.

A few questions on Substitute:
    1. When something uses Substitute, does it have to use Baton Pass in order for another pokemon to use it, or can it just switch out?

2. This is kind of a complicated question to phrase on it's own, so I'll give a hypothetical example; Drifblim uses Substitute, then switches to an electric-type. The opponent uses Earthquake. Does Earthquake still affect the Substitute, since the pokemon that made it is immune to Earthquake?

3. A similar scenario: let's say that same Drifblim uses Substitute, and then a Dark-type pokemon comes in. The opponent uses Psychic. Does Psychic affect the substitute, since the pokemon behind it is immune to the move?
    1. It must be passed with Batonpass

2. It should hit you if you are not immune

3. It shouldn't

Blog Entries

Visit Wiilio's Youtube Channel

1: Substitute must be Baton Passed. It's not like Wish.

2: Yes, Earthquake would still hit. The attack on the Substitute depends on the Pokémon it is currently used for, not necessarily on the Pokémon that set it up.

3: Same as 2; The attack on the Substitute depends on the Pokémon it is currently used for, not necessarily on the Pokémon that set it up.