Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 16
Page 16 of 221 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Question Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Question: How many times can each of the following Mystery Gift cards be sent from one copy of DPPt to another?

-----10th movie Darkrai(the one with Roar of Time and Spacial Rend, distributed by TRU last year)
    -----Deoxys(the one distributed by Gamestop last year)
    -----11th movie Shaymin(distributed by TRU this Feburary)
    -----11th movie Regigigas(currently being distributed by TRU)

I'm asking this partly because I know full well that I'm going to have to trash one of the first two on each of my Diamond and Pearl games in order to get Regigigas(just how much space does a Gift Card take up on a game's data storage, anyway?). Thanks in advance.
    Avid Advance/Ability/Fire/Imite/Morpheusshipper, because Ash deserves to eventually be with someone who will treat him as an equal, not as a little brother or lesser rival.

Also supports Coastline(Misty actually *respects* Dorian enough to be able to carry out a healthy romantic relationship with him), Luck(no way in hell Lucy's forgotten about Brock), and Twinleafshipping(as much as I like Kenny as a person, Barry should have gotten his role---and the crush on Dawn---too).

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

So, I got an event Regigigas today, and am ready to start SRing. Anything in particular I should look for? Suggestions on what to use it for in a team (ie sweeper, tank, etc.)?
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

CB Sweeper with Crush Grip Adamant nature or even (+Atk -Spd) nature. It won't be able to outstall long enough.

+Atk -Spd's Brave, just a headsup. :P

Blog Entries

Wouldn't I want something at least a little defensive, though, to compensate for those first 5 turns when Slow Start is activated?

"He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

Only if you are battling stupid people, you will be walled by atleast turn 3. Besides it would be very defensive considering yo won't be using speed EVs and will use HP anyway.

You could always try to outstall with Sub Punch or try making it more support with Knock off and status.

Crush Grip Regi should only be used early game though since it would be weaker for later game.

I wish Platinum Regi wasn't level 1, makes it so hard to calculate IVs.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the suggestions, iPoke.

A few questions on Substitute:
    1. When something uses Substitute, does it have to use Baton Pass in order for another pokemon to use it, or can it just switch out?

2. This is kind of a complicated question to phrase on it's own, so I'll give a hypothetical example; Drifblim uses Substitute, then switches to an electric-type. The opponent uses Earthquake. Does Earthquake still affect the Substitute, since the pokemon that made it is immune to Earthquake?

3. A similar scenario: let's say that same Drifblim uses Substitute, and then a Dark-type pokemon comes in. The opponent uses Psychic. Does Psychic affect the substitute, since the pokemon behind it is immune to the move?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Edo-kun View Post

1. When something uses Substitute, does it have to use Baton Pass in order for another pokemon to use it, or can it just switch out?

2. This is kind of a complicated question to phrase on it's own, so I'll give a hypothetical example; Drifblim uses Substitute, then switches to an electric-type. The opponent uses Earthquake. Does Earthquake still affect the Substitute, since the pokemon that made it is immune to Earthquake?

3. A similar scenario: let's say that same Drifblim uses Substitute, and then a Dark-type pokemon comes in. The opponent uses Psychic. Does Psychic affect the substitute, since the pokemon behind it is immune to the move?
    1. It must be passed with Batonpass

2. It should hit you if you are not immune

3. It shouldn't

Blog Entries

Visit Wiilio's Youtube Channel

1: Substitute must be Baton Passed. It's not like Wish.

2: Yes, Earthquake would still hit. The attack on the Substitute depends on the Pokémon it is currently used for, not necessarily on the Pokémon that set it up.

3: Same as 2; The attack on the Substitute depends on the Pokémon it is currently used for, not necessarily on the Pokémon that set it up.

Based Mod Dan's Avatar Social Media EditorModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Edo-kun View Post

1) Switch loses the Subsitutes
    2)Assuming its baton passed out, then the subsitute would die. if its switched then your electric type would die.
    3) Since Psychic hits Ghost.... but if he was hit by an earthquake, thats a good question. Ill test and get back to you.

Can RNG for shinys :D freddie515's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What types can this moveset at hit for not-very effective/no damage ?
    Fake-out
    U-turn
    Shadow claw
    Brick Break

also adament or jolly for this ambipom ?

Almost positive that set hits everything at least neutrally effective.

Jolly is probably best for an Ambipom.
    If 50 Cent had been STAB'd instead of shot, he would be 75 Cent.

Based Mod Dan's Avatar Social Media EditorModerator
    Blog Entries

Which is better for Espeon
    HP Fire
    Or
    HP Fighting

Blog Entries

Visit Wiilio's Youtube Channel

I'd use HP Fighting. It has the good coverage with Shadow Ball (provided you're using it). If you're using HP Fire mainly for Scizor, it's going to deal some heavy damage with Bullet Punch anyway, so it might as well be Fighting. For other things (Skarmory, Forretress, etc) it's fine.

Can RNG for shinys :D freddie515's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Best item for the following ambipom ?
    jolly
    252Speed/252Attack/6hp
    Fake Out
    Double Hit
    U-turn
    Payback

Its my party lead, fake out then U-turn or attack. Fake out + U-turn can kill darkrai easily. Payback over shadow claw because of technician and its coverage.