Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 154

Page 154 of 183 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2733
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Quote Originally Posted by williamscaleb91 View Post
    No, it isn't negative, it just doesn't do anything, at level 100 4 ev's represent one stat point, so if you max out two stats you'll always just have two ev's left that don't contribute to anything.
    Oh I see, thanks for answering my question :D It's just that I got frustrated in the end that I ended up being 2 EVs over for some reason (couldn't figure it out for a while) but then I realised it's coz I used my Pokes for E4 (so they gained the last 2 EVs from battling), good to know I don't have to erase em and make them a 'perfect' 4/252/252 XD
    Black FC: Xiera: 4427 4449 8375

Masuda Method Count - Eggs hatched for Shiny:
    Snivy: 150 Eevee: 72 XD Skitty: 605 Rotom: 31 XDD
    Current project: Vanillite: 780 and counting

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xiera View Post
    Oh I see, thanks for answering my question :D It's just that I got frustrated in the end that I ended up being 2 EVs over for some reason (couldn't figure it out for a while) but then I realised it's coz I used my Pokes for E4 (so they gained the last 2 EVs from battling), good to know I don't have to erase em and make them a 'perfect' 4/252/252 XD
    it is impossible to keep a "perfect" 4/252/252 poke. after their first battle, they will receive 1 or 2 EVs.

Thanks to Extroph on serebii forums for the banner!

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

Reject the status quo! Radio Rebel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I need help with a moveset for my Deoxys-S. I want to use a variation of this Smogon set:

~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Spikes / Taunt
    ~ Magic Coat / Shadow Ball / Signal Beam
    ~ Fire Punch / ExtremeSpeed / Ice Beam

But the recommended nature is Timid or Hasty. Mine is Jolly, so obviously I can't use any special moves. I'm not sure if I should pick one physical move in the fourth slot and put one in the third slot in place of a special attack, or go with Magic Coat in the third slot and pick either Fire Punch or ExtremeSpeed? Fire Punch seems a bit weak but ExtremeSpeed leaves it walled by Ghosts. I was also thinking of giving it Superpower (no idea why it wasn't recommended, it's the best physical attack Deoxys gets and it covers its Dark weaness) but I'm not sure if I should use it as the only attack move or pair it with Fire Punch (yeah, ES is better, but again Ghosts would be a problem).

So it's either:

Magic Coat/Fire Punch
    Magic Coat/Superpower
    Fire Punch/ExtremeSpeed
    Fire Punch/Superpower

Unless there are any other moves that would work (maybe Ice Punch instead of Ice Beam?) Oh Deoxys, why can't you learn Shadow Claw... or have a Timid nature?
    Name: Rebel ♦ Friend Code: 2208-6003-1380 ♦ Friend Safari: Beautifly, Paras, Vivillon
    Badges: 8 ♦ Pokédex: 712 Seen / 712 Obtained ♦ Medals: 109

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Centurion View Post
    I need help with a moveset for my Deoxys-S. I want to use a variation of this Smogon set:

~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Spikes / Taunt

But the recommended nature is Timid or Hasty. Mine is Jolly, so obviously I can't use any special moves. I'm not sure if I should pick one physical move in the fourth slot and put one in the third slot in place of a special attack, or go with Magic Coat in the third slot and pick either Fire Punch or ExtremeSpeed? Fire Punch seems a bit weak but ExtremeSpeed leaves it walled by Ghosts. I was also thinking of giving it Superpower (no idea why it wasn't recommended, it's the best physical attack Deoxys gets and it covers its Dark weaness) but I'm not sure if I should use it as the only attack move or pair it with Fire Punch (yeah, ES is better, but again Ghosts would be a problem).

So it's either:

Magic Coat/Fire Punch
    Magic Coat/Superpower
    Fire Punch/ExtremeSpeed
    Fire Punch/Superpower

Unless there are any other moves that would work (maybe Ice Punch instead of Ice Beam?) Oh Deoxys, why can't you learn Shadow Claw... or have a Timid nature?
    you seem to be playing ubers. there are only 4 different moves there. fire punch, magic coat, superpower, and extreme speed. you just had a deep moment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soulless shadow View Post
    you seem to be playing ubers. there are only 4 different moves there. fire punch, magic coat, superpower, and extreme speed. you just had a deep moment.
    Uh, did you miss the part where I said I only needed to replace the special moves? Or the part where I only mentioned the last two moveslots? Or the part where I listed all the possible two-move combinations from among those four? I thought it was implied I was running Stealth Rock and Spikes/Taunt in the first two slots; sorry if I didn't make that clear enough.

And I don't actually play competitively at all; the Deoxys is shiny and I want to offer it in my trade shop so I'm trying to give it the best moveset possible. Most shiny trade shops only offer UT Pokémon so I thought it would be cool to offer EV trained shinies.
    Name: Rebel ♦ Friend Code: 2208-6003-1380 ♦ Friend Safari: Beautifly, Paras, Vivillon

Blog Entries

Uh, did you miss the part where I said I only needed to replace the special moves? Or the part where I only mentioned the last two moveslots? Or the part where I listed all the possible two-move combinations from among those four? I thought it was implied I was running Stealth Rock and Spikes/Taunt in the first two slots; sorry if I didn't make that clear enough.

And I don't actually play competitively at all; the Deoxys is shiny and I want to offer it in my trade shop so I'm trying to give it the best moveset possible. Most shiny trade shops only offer UT Pokémon so I thought it would be cool to offer EV trained shinies.
    sorry, i was impatient and wanted to be doing something else then. umm... i say superpower and extreme speed. that way you have priority in one and power in the other.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soulless shadow View Post
    sorry, i was impatient and wanted to be doing something else then. umm... i say superpower and extreme speed. that way you have priority in one and power in the other.
    The problem though is that it can't hit Ghost-types. And Superpower + Fire Punch, while it covers its other two weaknesses and can hit Ghosts, is vulnerable to priority. And I'm not even considering Magic Coat since that would leave it with only one attack move, and the only one that can hit everything is Fire Punch which also happens to be the weakest (plus, it still dies to priority). I think I'm gonna go with ExtremeSpeed + Fire Punch. Seems to be the best combination overall. Thanks for trying to help though.

...and this is precisely why I don't battle competitively. It's exhausting!

Blog Entries

The problem though is that it can't hit Ghost-types. And Superpower + Fire Punch, while it covers its other two weaknesses and can hit Ghosts, is vulnerable to priority. And I'm not even considering Magic Coat since that would leave it with only one attack move, and the only one that can hit everything is Fire Punch which also happens to be the weakest (plus, it still dies to priority). I think I'm gonna go with ExtremeSpeed + Fire Punch. Seems to be the best combination overall. Thanks for trying to help though.

...and this is precisely why I don't battle competitively. It's exhausting!

well. competitively, the right thing to do is put in a second poke that deal SE to ghost, because ghost is SE on psychic (i think) and ghosts generally carry dark type attacks, which are definently SE to psychic. now i want a sandwich.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Spikes / Taunt

So it's either:

Magic Coat/Fire Punch
    Magic Coat/Superpower
    Fire Punch/ExtremeSpeed
    Fire Punch/Superpower

Smogon's set and your set have completely different purposes. What will deoxy-s be doing in your team?
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommandurrClowncrete View Post
    Smogon's set and your set have completely different purposes. What will deoxy-s be doing in your team?
    he said he wanted ev'ed pokemon with good sets for a trade shop

that was actually a couple posts later.

The destruction of evil. Stoney the Yveltal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm wanting to create a Sandstorm team, but I'm not sure where to start...
    Would it be a good idea to use Hippowdon & Tyranitar on the same team?

Sigature by Alciel

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General Volcano View Post
    I'm wanting to create a Sandstorm team, but I'm not sure where to start...
    Would it be a good idea to use Hippowdon & Tyranitar on the same team?
    start with t-tar. and even landorus and terrakion if you want an offensive team.

The destruction of evil. Stoney the Yveltal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommandurrClowncrete View Post
    start with t-tar. and even landorus and terrakion if you want an offensive team.
    Ok, then I'll also have Reuniclus...
    How reliable is it to take advantage of Trick Room with negative speed natured T-tar & Reuniclus?
    (I'm thinking it may be best to only take advantage of Trick Room with 2, maybe 3 pokemons since it lasts only 5 short turns...)

Sigature by Alciel

Default So how do you use Breloom?

Iv'e recently finished training my SubPunchin' Poison Healin' SporeTrollin' Breloom and so far, at least on random battles he is ripping apart teams. One trainer completely lost momentum when his Moltres was 2HKO'd.

So I was just wondering if others use Breloom in different ways rather than my standard set. Or even if they use this set, how good/bad has it been?
    3DS FC: 1590 4874 4191
    3DS Name: Zapface

Blog Entries

well, a slow ttar is garunteed sand. you could try a metagross. slow but strong. also, any pokemon you intend to use for trick room should be slow, with 0 speed EVs and maybe 0 IVs. i dunno much about trick room teams, though.

~major general soulless shadow of the Falconreach Hero Corps.