Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 153
Page 153 of 213 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3192

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

home is where the heart is and my heart is in both me home land and Australia. what is my home land? Lebanon you dope. couldn't you guess from the arabic name?
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

which is better for a swampert? ice punch or ice beam?

Quote Originally Posted by Nour386 View Post
    It depends on whether you're using an offensive or defensive set, for a defensive Swampert I'd recommend Ice Beam (with a Relaxed nature). If you're using an offensive Swampert (like a Curse or Choice Band variant) you'll probably want Ice Punch or Avalanche as your Ice-type move

home is where the heart is and my heart is in both me home land and Australia. what is my home land? Lebanon you dope. couldn't you guess from the arabic name?
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    It depends on whether you're using an offensive or defensive set, for a defensive Swampert I'd recommend Ice Beam (with a Relaxed nature). If you're using an offensive Swampert (like a Curse or Choice Band variant) you'll probably want Ice Punch or Avalanche as your Ice-type move
    kinda both, a wall and somthing to mow down Lance

VGC Player The Knights of Wario Land's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nour386 View Post
    kinda both, a wall and somthing to mow down Lance
    If this is for your in-game team, I think your question belongs in the other thread.
    Black 2 FC: 2151-5959-1760

Wanna delve into the deep world of the Pokemon VGCs? Then head on over to user-run NuggetBridge for all of your needs!

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Question Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

This is a bit of a in-game Pokemon question thing, so yeah. Anyway...
    What moveset would be better for Porygon-Z?
    Note: The sprites I use, hint the game it's in.

Moves: Hyper Beam, Tri Attack, Zap Cannon, Nasty Plot
    Ability: Adapability
    Item: Wise Glasses

Moves: Hyper Beam, Tri Attack, Charge Beam, Signal Beam
    Ability: Adapability
    Item: ???
    I need an awnser quickly, ok?

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Hello!
    I'd like to ask something about two DW Pokemon.
    So, would it be a good or bad thing to use DW Ninetales and DW Politoed in the same team?
    Well, how I see Drought, Sand Stream, Snow Warning and Drizzle is that it can be overwritten (something like that concept, disabling the current ability and using a newer one).
    Thanks!

Blog Entries

@Axel: well, if your playing a dual weather team, thats exactly what you need. but personally, i'd either A) chose one and make a team with it or B) make to separate teams. that way you don't get stuck with a useless venusaur in the rain when it should be in the sun. as for the overwriting parts, I'm not sure of the mechanics. i play on PO, and in my experience, the opponent sets up rain or sun, then sandstorm sets up after. i think it's the weather of the slowest poke that works, but I'm not entirely sure

@Shinx i suggest thunderbolt instead of charge beam on both sets, because charge beam will hit even less then focus blast. on the second set, you may want to use a choice specs, which ups special attack by 50%, but only alouds the use of one attack each time you switch in (like you can't use different attacks, you can use the first one multiple times). also, this may have belonged in a different thread.

well, just looking at its stats, and since its for mowing down lance, i'd go with ice punch. however, ice beam has 95 power and ice punch has 75. I'm guessing this is for the second time around? the moves i suggest are ice beam, hydro pump, superpower, and outrage. outrage hits hard on dragon type, as a super effective 120 attack. if you do run outrage, i suggest you use a lum berry as your item, because it cures you from confusion. if you can't, carry something to switch in and then send in swamper when it dies. again, i think this belonged in a different thread.
    Last edited by ~Aeon; 28th December 2011 at 08:50 AM.

Default New to WiFi Battles

Had my first three ranked battles today. I naturally lost the first two, but my third was a rematch against a player I had already played. I was about to win when I mysteriously lost connection with the other player. Is this common? Do people really wuss out that often on WiFi?

@dontyouknow

I moved your post here. In the future, please post any basic questions you may have regarding competitive battling in this thread rather than in other parts of this forum.

AFAIK, people do intentionally disconnect from random Wi-Fi matches in order to avoid losing and protect their battling records. It's lame, but it happens.

What's a good moveset and item for Jolteon?
    I'm a busy person,so even if I am online,it doesn't mean I can respond to messages or anything.
    I'm a sony hater,a brony,a microsoft hater and massive nintendo fanboy. Problem?
    Oh yeah, I happen to run Pokemon Knights on facebook.....just so you know

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro "Lucario" View Post
    What's a good moveset and item for Jolteon?
    A good moveset for a Jolteon would be, obviously, a more offensively-based set. There are choices between either an all-out attacker, or a boosting sweeper, but, due to Jolteon's average defences, that might not be a great idea.

Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

I'm currently running a similar set to this, but with altered EVs and completely different moves. This is probably the best set that a Jolteon can run, being able to hit hard and fast at the same time.

EDIT: I accidentally didn't copy the 4th move when I copy and pasted it from PO.
    Last edited by Space Opera; 1st January 2012 at 07:37 AM.

The last move can be taken by either Hidden Power Ice or Wish. Hidden Power Ice allows excellent coverage in conjunction with Thunderbolt while Wish can be a healing move to be used before Jolteon goes down so the next Pokemon can refill health.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2752 | 2583 | 3814

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    A good moveset for a Jolteon would be, obviously, a more offensively-based set. There are choices between either an all-out attacker, or a boosting sweeper, but, due to Jolteon's average defences, that might not be a great idea.

Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

I'm currently running a similar set to this, but with altered EVs and completely different moves. This is probably the best set that a Jolteon can run, being able to hit hard and fast at the same time.

EDIT: I accidentally didn't copy the 4th move when I copy and pasted it from PO.
    Thanks!
    I'm a busy person,so even if I am online,it doesn't mean I can respond to messages or anything.
    I'm a sony hater,a brony,a microsoft hater and massive nintendo fanboy. Problem?
    Oh yeah, I happen to run Pokemon Knights on facebook.....just so you know

Blog Entries

Hope this is the right place to post, I've looked at Smogon's EV guide and I'm still a bit confused.

"Because 510 EVs is the absolute maximum, and 252 is the effective maximum per stat, that means you can—at most—max out two stats, leaving you with 6 EVs left over. This allows you to invest 4 EVs into one more stat, and you will always be left with 2 EVs left over no matter what."

So is it actually a negative to add those last 2 EVs to the 4 EVs you're giving to the 3rd stat?
    Black FC: Xiera: 4427 4449 8375

Masuda Method Count - Eggs hatched for Shiny:
    Snivy: 150 Eevee: 72 XD Skitty: 605 Rotom: 31 XDD
    Current project: Vanillite: 780 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Xiera View Post
    So is it actually a negative to add those last 2 EVs to the 4 EVs you're giving to the 3rd stat?
    No, it isn't negative, it just doesn't do anything, at level 100 4 ev's represent one stat point, so if you max out two stats you'll always just have two ev's left that don't contribute to anything.

credit to blazaking for the banner.