Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 150

Page 150 of 184 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2748
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Ninetales Moveset help

Hmm, I don't know, but what about Thunderbolt? If your lucky with accruassy, then you could go for Thunder and Fire Blast. Keep Confuse Ray, because...I don't know, but just keep it. Get rid of Safeguard, I think it's just a weak move. If you have it, instead give it a Lum Berry. Plus you could always go fer Psychic I think. Is this battle with just 1 (one) Nintails?

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Impossible Spell Card Scarlet Sky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Shinx View Post
    Hmm, I don't know, but what about Thunderbolt? If your lucky with accruassy, then you could go for Thunder and Fire Blast. Keep Confuse Ray, because...I don't know, but just keep it. Get rid of Safeguard, I think it's just a weak move. If you have it, instead give it a Lum Berry. Plus you could always go fer Psychic I think. Is this battle with just 1 (one) Nintails?
    I think you have a different Pokemon in mind. ._.

Well, I do know that Nasty Plot is often recommended. Maybe Energy Ball too. ^^;

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

If both you AND your friend are going to use Ninetales, I'd see if you have Hidden Power Rock, Ground, or Water.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Try using Psyshock, it'll hit your opponent's Ninetales on it's weaker Defence stat.

Alternatively, Dig could also work despite being a "telegraphed" move since it's a 1 on 1 battle. Ninetales' Attack is awful, but then so is it's Defence (usually).

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    If both you AND your friend are going to use Ninetales, I'd see if you have Hidden Power Rock, Ground, or Water.
    I actually hadn't thought about that. I'll try that out and see how it works. Thank you. ^^

@Scarlet Sky: That is also a possibility.

@Winterdaze: Yeah, but due to my Ninetales' nature, I would be afraid that Dig would be weaker since Attack is lowered with the Bold nature.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Timid max speed w/ Hypnosis

GG

Also, this belongs in the SQSA thread @Octy. I'm moving it there.

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

OK, so I need some help with EV's because I'm horrible with them. Here's what it is:

252 HP / xxx Def / xxx Spe
    Rain Dish | Bold
    Hurricane
    Scald
    Roost
    Toxic/Knock Off/Stockpile (I guess this is mostly filler...)

How should I assign the Defence and Speed EV's? I doubt it will be useful in OU, but that's the only place there's perma-rain. But still, Pelipper is Base 65 Spe, so how much Speed should I invest to outspeed anything useful? It is only meant to be a wall (maybe not a very good one, but w/e) so I know there's no point in max spe, and it does need to use that base 100 defence to be of any use at all. If it max Def is best, then I'll just do that.

And, if I wanted to run a set like this:

252 Sp.Atk / xxx Spe
    Rain Dish | Modest
    Hurricane
    Hydro Pump/Surf
    HP Grass
    Roost/Agility

How much Speed would I need here? I thought maybe max/max, but at Base 65 Spe, I don't know if there's any point in running that much and some HP would be nice. Max Sp.Atk is a must, though.

Water/Flying actually has good coverage, just missing out on Rotom-W, Lanturn and Empoleon, I believe. So HP Grass is for Rotom-W and Lanturn, but I suppose I could use Ground for Emp + Lanturn (who aren't that common and Rotom-W would be a bigger pain in the ass, but Pelipper can't take an attack from it anyway, so neither is that good, I guess).

The last slot I'm unsure on. Roost would be nice to heal off any damage and Life Orb recoil, but Rain Dish already gives some healing. Agility would give me some speed to smack stuff with rain boosted STAB Hydro Pump and perfect accuracy STAB Hurricane.

Any thoughts about both sets - mainly their EV's? I know Pelipper isn't very good. But still. :P
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Run 68 Speed EVs on both to outspeed 24 Speed Skarmory and max Wobbuffett. The first spread spread should be 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spd and the second should be something like 184 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 68 Spd.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Are EVs like "Extra Stats?" Like it's only for that level? Like if I gained 4 EVs on Level 3, when I level up, I'll get one (1) more point on that stat just on that level?

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Heathcliff Huxtable View Post
    Run 68 Speed EVs on both to outspeed 24 Speed Skarmory and max Wobbuffett. The first spread spread should be 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spd and the second should be something like 184 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 68 Spd.
    Thanks, man. I suck at EV's. :)
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries

Sorry if this is in the wrong location, but I saw someone do something like me right here...
    I need help on this team:

Pokémon: Feraligatr
    Ability: Torrent
    Held Item: Damp Rock
    Nickname: Felix
    Moveset: Waterfall (Water-type move), Swords Dance (Normal-type move), Rain Dance (Water-type move) and Crunch (Dark-type move)

Pokémon: Sceptile
    Ability: Overgrow
    Held Item: Leftovers
    Nickname: Sally
    Moveset: Swords Dance (Normal-type move), Leaf Blade (Grass-type move), Leaf Storm (Grass-type move) and Earthquake (Ground-type move)

Pokémon: Charizard
    Ability: Blaze
    Held Item: Life Orb
    Nickname: Charlie
    Moveset: Flare Blitz (Fire-type move), Fire Blast (Fire-type move), Air Slash (Flying-type move) and Roost (Flying-type move)

Pokémon: Togekiss
    Ability: Hustle
    Held Item: Wide Lens
    Nickname: Tommy
    Moveset: Sky Attack (Flying-type move), Water Pulse (Water-type move), Aura Sphere (Fighting-type move) and Air Slash (Flying-type move)

Pokémon: Rhyperior
    Ability: Solid Rock
    Held Item: Muscle Band
    Nickname: Hornlette
    Moveset: Earthquake (Ground-type move), Megahorn (Bug-type move), Stone Edge (Rock-type move) and Thunder Fang (Electric-type move)

Pokémon: Electivire
    Ability: Motor Drive
    Held Item: Expert Belt
    Nickname: Edward
    Moveset: Fire Punch (Fire-type move), Ice Punch (Ice-type move),
    Thunderbolt (Electric-type move) and Thunder (Electric-type move)

So, I would need some information on which tier would this team be located in (some people use tiers...) and tell me if there are some useless moves in this team and tell me the recommended move to replace the useless move you said (they're not trained specially, I just care about leveling them up). And one additional question...
    If I were to receive a Machop with HP Dark 70 and I evolved it to Machamp, should I replace a move? If I should, which move should be replaced?
    This is my move set for Machamp (it's just a plan for now):

Pokémon: Machamp
    Ability: No Guard
    Nickname: Milo
    Moveset: DynamicPunch (Fighting-type move), Earthquake (Ground-type move), Stone Edge (Rock-type move) and Bulk Up (Fighting-type move)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Super やみのディアルガ View Post
    So, I would need some information on which tier would this team be located in (some people use tiers...)
    Due to this team having two Pokémon in the UU tier - Togekiss and Rhyperior - this team would be classed as a UU team. The other four Pokémon are from the RU tier,
    the tier below UU.

and tell me if there are some useless moves in this team and tell me the recommended move to replace the useless move you said (they're not trained specially, I just care about leveling them up).
    Seeing as you just want to teach them moves and level them up, they won't have amazingly good sets, due to them not being able to learn Egg Moves, but I'll try.

Feraligatr - Waterfall, Swords Dance, Earthquake and Crunch.
    Sceptile - Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, Rock Slide and Earthquake.
    Charizard - Focus Blast, Fire Blast/Flamethrower, Air Slash and Roost.
    Togekiss - Work Up, Extremespeed, Aura Sphere and Air Slash.
    Rhyperior - Earthquake, Megahorn, Stone Edge and Avalanche.
    Electivire - Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Wild Charge and Brick Break.

Your team looks like it would obviously be lacking attackers from the Special side of the spectrum, so I'd really recommend having a more specially-based Sceptile. Its Special Attack is higher than its Attack stat anyway. But, seeing as the Hidden Power for your Pokémon might be horrible, you could use a Mixed set.

Sceptile - Brick Break, Giga Drain, Leaf Storm and Rock Slide.

Giga Drain could be replaced with Swords Dance if you really want, I guess.

And one additional question...
    If I were to receive a Machop with HP Dark 70 and I evolved it to Machamp, should I replace a move? If I should, which move should be replaced?
    This is my move set for Machamp (it's just a plan for now):

Pokémon: Machamp
    Ability: No Guard
    Nickname: Milo
    Moveset: DynamicPunch (Fighting-type move), Earthquake (Ground-type move), Stone Edge (Rock-type move) and Bulk Up (Fighting-type move)
    Having no Egg Moves really hurts this guy.

Machamp - DynamicPunch, Earthquake, Stone Edge and Payback.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Rains View Post
    Due to this team having two Pokémon in the UU tier - Togekiss and Rhyperior - this team would be classed as a UU team. The other four Pokémon are from the RU tier,
    the tier below UU.

Seeing as you just want to teach them moves and level them up, they won't have amazingly good sets, due to them not being able to learn Egg Moves, but I'll try.

Feraligatr - Waterfall, Swords Dance, Earthquake and Crunch.
    Sceptile - Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, Rock Slide and Earthquake.
    Charizard - Focus Blast, Fire Blast/Flamethrower, Air Slash and Roost.
    Togekiss - Work Up, Extremespeed, Aura Sphere and Air Slash.
    Rhyperior - Earthquake, Megahorn, Stone Edge and Avalanche.
    Electivire - Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Wild Charge and Brick Break.

Your team looks like it would obviously be lacking attackers from the Special side of the spectrum, so I'd really recommend having a more specially-based Sceptile. Its Special Attack is higher than its Attack stat anyway. But, seeing as the Hidden Power for your Pokémon might be horrible, you could use a Mixed set.

Sceptile - Brick Break, Giga Drain, Leaf Storm and Rock Slide.

Giga Drain could be replaced with Swords Dance if you really want, I guess.

Having no Egg Moves really hurts this guy.

Machamp - DynamicPunch, Earthquake, Stone Edge and Payback.
    This is for Generation IV, except for the Machamp (that was a plan for my Black team)
    Well, the Machop isn't my Machop anyway (I got it from a trade and one of the IVs is 31)...and these Pokemon are caught by normal means, and I don't really want to start from Lv.1...
    And for Sceptile, I can use Leaf Storm frequently if Sceptile has a move like Growth (ups Sp.Atk)...otherwise, I'll stick to Physical moves and use Leaf Storm when facing a strong opponent.
    And, I have got a new question.
    I have 4 Pokemon that I want to use for my SoulSilver team. They are Meganium, Gyarados, Typhlosion and Dragonite. What I want to ask is about the 2 remaining Pokemon.
    What should I use?
    Last edited by やみのディアルガ; 3rd December 2011 at 10:06 PM.

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Seeing as you already have the Water/Grass/Fire core, maybe just get a Pokemon not of any of the types you have, like a Mamoswine.

Gengar too is a good Heartgold/Soulsilver Pokemon.
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

If I want to use Tangrowth on a sun team with enough speed (assuming Chlorophyll and the sun is out) and physical attacking power to OHKO T-Tar, Politoed, and Hippowdon but still with enough defensive bulk to absorb a hit or two, what sort of nature EV spread should I use?
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"