Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 15

Page 15 of 183 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Blog Entries

Visit Wiilio's Youtube Channel

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Pretty sure you can only get them from tutors.

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Quote Originally Posted by Wiil View Post
    Pretty sure you can only get them from tutors.
    That sucks. D:

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fractalz View Post
    Can move tutor moves be passed down by breeding? Or can you only get them from the move tutor?
    What Wiil says is true, however, if said Pokemon has the move tutor move as an egg move than yes, otherwise its strictly move tutor.

Blog Entries

Well someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I once got some mystery eggs from a friend that hatched into Totodiles with both Ice Punch and Dragon Dance. I'm pretty sure that the only way for that to have happened was that a female Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr was bred with a Dragonite that knew Dragon Dance and Ice Punch (which it only gets from a move tutor). Or obviously from a male Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr that was bred with Dragon Dance and was taught Ice Punch later on.

EDIT: Okay, iPoke beat me to it and what he said clears that all up!
    Diamond: Pogo, 0344-6412-9174
    Platinum: Pogo, 0989-7773-1927

A Rambling, Gaming Dude The Fool on the Hill's Avatar

Is Aqua Ring a worthwhile move for Vaporeon, or any other bulky Water-type? Aqua Ring plus Leftovers restores 1/8 HP every turn. Is it useful, or just a waste of a move slot?

It's not completely unusable, but usually there are better things to do with a moveslot. However, if you intend on using a Baton Pass chain, Aqua Ring can be very useful to provide healing to your chain.
    If 50 Cent had been STAB'd instead of shot, he would be 75 Cent.

Blog Entries

Okay, so Bulbapedia keeps going on about how Swords Dance will do nothing if your have a +6 stat bonus or your stat is 999.

I thought in generation 4 that this limit had been removed and you can still keep using Swords Dance until you have a +6 stat bonus, but it would go past 999.

I have a question:

When is a good time to evolve your stone/location/item/trade based Pokemon?

Say like you're EVing a Growlithe, Staryu, Seadra, Magneton, and you want to evolve them to their next evolution stage. When is a good time to do it?
    Once all of their stats maxed out? Right away? Does it matter? It would be really helpful.

Follow Pika25 On Twitter
    Visit Pika25's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Versityle View Post
    I have a question:

When is a good time to evolve your stone/location/item/trade based Pokemon?

Say like you're EVing a Growlithe, Staryu, Seadra, Magneton, and you want to evolve them to their next evolution stage. When is a good time to do it?
    Once all of their stats maxed out? Right away? Does it matter? It would be really helpful.
    It depends on said Pokémon and the moveset you are using. For example, for a Choice Specs Starmie with all TM/HM moves, it doesn't matter if I evolved Staryu right away. But if I am using Rapid Spin or Recover instead of Choice Specs, I would need to keep it a Staryu until it learns Rapid Spin and/or Recover, as they both are level-up moves for Staryu, but I don't seem to recall the exact levels for either of those moves. (Starmie doesn't learn those moves at those particular levels as a Starmie)
    Pikachu is my favorite Pokémon.
    Go Pikachu!

To add onto what Pika25 said, moveset is the only thing that will be effected by when you evolve. The time it takes to get to lvl 100, how high your stats are at a certain level - all of that stays the same. The only time it matters is when the unevolved and evolved forms learn different moves.
    If 50 Cent had been STAB'd instead of shot, he would be 75 Cent.

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Would this be a viable moveset for an Umbreon? I put it up on an RMT recently, but got all of 2 responses on the team, and none about Umbreon.

Umbreon@Leftovers
    Sassy/Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/84 Atk/128 Def/40 Sp. Def
    -- Curse
    -- Payback
    -- Quick Attack
    -- Toxic

Curse is a great move, I think, on Umbreon, boosting it's lower defensive stat and actually putting some power behind it's attacks so that, when it invariably gets Taunted, it can fight back -- with a boosted attack, no less. Payback benefits from the lowered speed, letting Umbreon hit it with boosted power. Quick Attack ignores it altogether, and is the only priority move Umbreon gets. Toxic is to help support the rest of the team, and Leftovers because this set (obviously) doesn't have Wish on it.

So...what do you think?
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

Visit Wiilio's Youtube Channel

The idea's been done (actually I *might* have been the one who indirectly introduced it into Smogon) and it's been done better, frankly. Wish over Toxic to provide healing for either you or a teammate, and Protect over Quick Attack to ensure that Wish heals you. You could use Baton Pass over Protect if you want so you can pass the Curses you get. Wish is a must though. You have to heal.

Curse/Payback/Wish/Protect is a MAJORLY annoying set. I've been up against it and it swept my team (of 3) entirely. Now I know why most teams have Steel-types.

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Tch...damn. I really thought I was onto something with that set. Still, you know I trust your judgement, Wiil. Oh well.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

When it rains, it drowns Kikatsu's Avatar

What move sets do you recommend for a mewtwo?

it knows so far:

psychic
    recover
    reflect
    blizzard

Registered User Gryphon Turboclaw's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Good news...I finally picked up my future Support Shaymin in Diamond (Bold, with perfect Phys. Def. and near-perfect Hit Points, no less). Now all I have do is wait for Platinum to arrive in the US so I can get Earth Power...

Question(In-game, Link battle, or PBR): What happens when you use Wish, then switch in another pokemon without using Baton Pass? Likewise, what about when the pokemon that used Wish gets knocked out immediately afterwards, or when it uses U-Turn on the next turn? Thanks in advance, and if these have already been answered on this forum, then please provide a link.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikatsu View Post
    What move sets do you recommend for a mewtwo?

it knows so far:

psychic
    recover
    reflect
    blizzard
    Which generation is that for? Drop Blizzard and Reflect for:
    -----RGBY: Amnesia and Thunderbolt
    -----GSC: Submission and Thunderbolt
    -----RSEFRLG: Depending on Mewtwo's personality, Brick Break and Shadow Ball, or Flamethrower and Thunderbolt
    -----DPPt: Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball, but if you *insist* on keeping Reflect, then use Smogon's PD set with Taunt and Will-O-Wisp instead of the two attacks(both that moveset and the one I recommend use +speed natures, however).
    Avid Advance/Ability/Fire/Imite/Morpheusshipper, because Ash deserves to eventually be with someone who will treat him as an equal, not as a little brother or lesser rival.

Also supports Coastline(Misty actually *respects* Dorian enough to be able to carry out a healthy romantic relationship with him), Luck(no way in hell Lucy's forgotten about Brock), and Twinleafshipping(as much as I like Kenny as a person, Barry should have gotten his role---and the crush on Dawn---too).