Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 14

Page 14 of 184 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

How's this Latias moveset?

Latias[Levitate]@Soul Dew
    Timid 252HP/152Sp.Atk./100Sp.Def./6Spd.
    ~Psycho Shift
    ~Recover
    ~Psychic
    ~Dragon Pulse

Wink Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

That move set is great!!!!!

Blog Entries

Visit Wiilio's Youtube Channel

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Psycho Shift is sort of... meh. You could use Calm Mind. If you're using this in the Battle Tower, Psychic is *okay*, but in Ubers, just go ahead and slap Thunder on it in place of Psychic.

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

I got a Jolly Giratina over Wi-Fi and I'm planning to use it as a Choice Bander. Should I give it 252HP/252Atk./6Spd. or 6HP/252Atk./252Spd.?

Blog Entries

Visit Wiilio's Youtube Channel

144 HP / 236 Atk / 112 Spe / 18 SpD
    Here's an explanation from Smogon on these EVs:

The EVs for this set may look extremely complicated, but they really aren't. 112 Speed EVs allow it to outrun Jolly Tyranitar, which can prove to be handy at some point, and should outrun most Kyogre and Groudon. The defensive EVs give it practically a guaranteed survival against a Spacial Rend from Timid Palkia after taking a Stealth Rock damage. Although not guaranteed, it can also survive a Life Orbed Dragon Claw from Jolly Rayquaza after Stealth Rock damage, and if Stealth Rock is not counted at all Dragon Claw from a Groudon and no Attack EV Dialga is a guaranteed 3HKO against this. Giratina-O’s survivability is quite interesting, and it can be EVed in many different ways to suit its user. The rest of the EVs are dumped into Attack...

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

While this isn't a request to rate my team (hence not making it its own thread), could anybody suggest some held items for them that aren't Leftovers? I'm not too keen on having a whole team carrying Leftovers...

To give you some context, here they are:

Mawile
    Intimidate
    Impish Nature
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Iron Defense
    ~Baton Pass
    ~Iron Head

Gardevoir
    Synchronize
    Modest Nature
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Psychic
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~Will-O-Wisp

Miltank
    Scrappy
    Impish Nature
    ~Milk Drink
    ~Heal Bell
    ~Body Slam
    ~Earthquake

Vaporeon
    Water Absorb
    Bold Nature
    ~Surf
    ~Toxic
    ~Wish
    ~Ice Beam

In addition to these four, I'll likely be adding a Machamp and an Absol, movesets to be decided. At the moment I have Leftovers on Miltank (who seems to be the most suited) but I'd welcome other suggestions. As I said, this isn't a 'rate my team' request (yes, Mawile sucks, but I wanted to make a team of Pokemon I like), rather, I just need some thoughts on items other than Leftovers that might suit my team.

Can RNG for shinys :D freddie515's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Life orb gardevoir

Focus Sash absol

Toxic/Flame orb machamp (for facade)

I dont know much about mawille but Quick Claw might be an option

Lum berry Gardevoir

Choice Specs/Scarf might be good for vaporeon but I dont use vaporeon often

The sun? Thats the hottest place on earth!

how do you max out is it IV's or EV's so some equal 31 when the pokemon hatches from egg? I so far have hatched 6 lileep from eggs and none of them had the stats/nature I wanted and wanted to start competitave battling.

Thanks Felly for banner

^That was close to me. Interesting

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by freddie515 View Post
    Choice Specs/Scarf might be good for vaporeon but I dont use vaporeon often
    You don't really want to stick a Choice Item with something that has Wish/Toxic on it...

Mawile @ Salac Berry
    Absol @ Focus Sash / Expert Belt / Life Orb
    Machamp @ Choice Band
    Gardevoir @ Wise Glasses
    Miltank @ Leftovers
    Vaporeon @ Leftovers

How does that sound...?

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the suggestions, Tina and freddie515, I'll give those items a try and see how they work out!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinx3000 View Post
    how do you max out is it IV's or EV's so some equal 31 when the pokemon hatches from egg? I so far have hatched 6 lileep from eggs and none of them had the stats/nature I wanted and wanted to start competitave battling.
    It's IVs you're thinking of here (EVs are a different thing entirely, although still important). There's actually no way of ensuring you'll get 31s, but there are some ways to increase your chances.

Firstly, you'll want to hatch a lot of eggs. I tend to do batches of about twenty, and see if any of them have IVs that are 31 (or near 31) in the most important stats. If some look promising, I'll use them to breed the next generation. IVs can be passed down to offspring, although only a maximum of three of a baby's IVs will have come from its parents - the others are randomly generated. Then, rinse and repeat. Once you've got some parents with good IVs, some people advocate saving in front of the day care guy, picking up an egg, hatching it and then - if it has the nature/ability/gender you want - repeatedly resetting. This is because everything except for IVs is set before you pick up the egg, but IVs are only set once the egg's in your party, so you can keep resetting until you get a Lileep that you like. Personally, if I get a Pokemon with a few useful IVs in the 25-31 range and no real stinkers (unless it's Attack for a Special Attacker, or vice versa), I'll keep it. Still, it's up to you. Bear in mind that if you're resetting for eggs, this method does soak up Rare Candies if you're using them to determine IVs.

I would also say, however, that IVs are the toughest variable to get on a Pokemon, and arguably have the least impact. If you've got a good nature and ability, and EV train accordingly, you're not going to be seriously impaired by sub-par IVs. It's up to the individual trainer how much they want to worry about IVs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiil View Post
    144 HP / 236 Atk / 112 Spe / 18 SpD
    Here's an explanation from Smogon on these EVs:

The EVs for this set may look extremely complicated, but they really aren't. 112 Speed EVs allow it to outrun Jolly Tyranitar, which can prove to be handy at some point, and should outrun most Kyogre and Groudon. The defensive EVs give it practically a guaranteed survival against a Spacial Rend from Timid Palkia after taking a Stealth Rock damage. Although not guaranteed, it can also survive a Life Orbed Dragon Claw from Jolly Rayquaza after Stealth Rock damage, and if Stealth Rock is not counted at all Dragon Claw from a Groudon and no Attack EV Dialga is a guaranteed 3HKO against this. Giratina-O’s survivability is quite interesting, and it can be EVed in many different ways to suit its user. The rest of the EVs are dumped into Attack...
    I'm pretty sure these EV calculations are designed around max IV Pokemon. They may change for this particular Giratina depending on its IVs and the standard ranges of IVs in competitive Wifi battles. I don't really do those battles, but it seems like this needs to be taken into consideration.
    If 50 Cent had been STAB'd instead of shot, he would be 75 Cent.

A Rambling, Gaming Dude The Fool on the Hill's Avatar

^Yeah, Smogon's stat calculations are based on max IVs.

Registered User Gryphon Turboclaw's Avatar

Question Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

I downloaded a pair of Shaymin for my Diamond and Pearl(TRU giveaway), and I know what I want in a support Land Forme(Bold and perfect Hit Points/Physical Defense with at least decent Special Attack). However, I'm on the horns of a double dilemma regarding a Special Attack-oriented Sky Forme(for future Platnum action); which nature should I try for out of Modest or Timid, and in which stat (Special Attack or Speed) is it more important to have a perfect IV? Thanks in advance.
    Avid Advance/Ability/Fire/Imite/Morpheusshipper, because Ash deserves to eventually be with someone who will treat him as an equal, not as a little brother or lesser rival.

Also supports Coastline(Misty actually *respects* Dorian enough to be able to carry out a healthy romantic relationship with him), Luck(no way in hell Lucy's forgotten about Brock), and Twinleafshipping(as much as I like Kenny as a person, Barry should have gotten his role---and the crush on Dawn---too).

Blog Entries

Go with Timid and 31 Spd on Shaymin-S. Gotta take advantage of that 127 Spd stat to outrun base 125s! :P

..Though iirc, I think you only need 29+ Spd to outrun Pokémon hanging around 125..

Can move tutor moves be passed down by breeding? Or can you only get them from the move tutor?