Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 122

Page 122 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2746
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

I have a hasty shiny sandile with a speed iv of 31. Would someone recommend a set I could use for it?

edit: It's ability is moxie.
    Last edited by mikarugelord; 19th March 2011 at 09:53 PM.
    If only I could kill all of the idiots out there who pollute the GTS with their "gimme Darkrai for my Caterpie" crap...

I put up an Entei on wifi asking for a Regirock. The Regirock that arrived had mail on it, which read along the lines of "This Regirock sucks. All Regirocks suck. Arceus is the best!" What the hell?

Also, no matter what anybody says, RNG is damn near impossible to pull off.

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It could be a good late game sweeper, but the -def nature hurts it otherwise. I would use a CS set. Does it has intimidate or Moxie, since intimidate really is pointless on it. Moxie lets it keep sweeping with a scarf.

name: Choice Scarf
    move 1: Earthquake
    move 2: Crunch
    move 3: Pursuit
    move 4: Stone Edge
    item: Choice Scarf
    ability: Moxie
    nature: hasty
    evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by coolking503 View Post
    It could be a good late game sweeper, but the -def nature hurts it otherwise. I would use a CS set. Does it has intimidate or Moxie, since intimidate really is pointless on it. Moxie lets it keep sweeping with a scarf.

name: Choice Scarf
    move 1: Earthquake
    move 2: Crunch
    move 3: Pursuit
    move 4: Stone Edge
    item: Choice Scarf
    ability: Moxie
    nature: hasty
    evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Thanks, I'll use that set, but I'm replacing pursuit with outrage because the sandile is wild-caught so can't learn pursuit, an egg move.
    If only I could kill all of the idiots out there who pollute the GTS with their "gimme Darkrai for my Caterpie" crap...

I put up an Entei on wifi asking for a Regirock. The Regirock that arrived had mail on it, which read along the lines of "This Regirock sucks. All Regirocks suck. Arceus is the best!" What the hell?

Also, no matter what anybody says, RNG is damn near impossible to pull off.

Blog Entries

Warubiaru/whatever the fuck Sandile's final evo is called is fragile without Intimidate anyways. Hasty should work fine with the set listed. Make sure Landlos, Gliscor, Skarm, and Virizion are dead.

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Default Best way for a beginner to battle

Hey guys, first post here.
    I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct place and I apologize if I'm not.. but anyways, here goes:

I've been playing pokemon since the release of red and blue versions so I'm no beginner to the games.
    I've recently beaten the elite for (for the first time) in Black version.
    I'm no pro at EV training or breeding or anything like that...

So my question is: Where's a good place for me to start battling other real life trainers via wifi?

Blog Entries

You can go into the Pokemon Center, and go upstairs and the lady on the far right. Talk to her and you can do this thing called a "Random Matchup" and you will fight random, but real people over WiFi.

You can also make a thread here or here. If you do make sure to read any rules first.
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

Cool. Thanks for the response. Here's another 'simple' question lol:

I've played pokemon via wifi many times. On platinum, soul silver, and even black.
    But at my own house I get error code 51300. Any advice?

Blog Entries

I hope this helps.
    Competitive Player

I was actually on that exact page about an hour ago. It wasn't helpful at all. I can get on other wifi spots but not my own for some reason. I know I am entering the correct wep key but I still get the error code.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Reed View Post
    I was actually on that exact page about an hour ago. It wasn't helpful at all. I can get on other wifi spots but not my own for some reason. I know I am entering the correct wep key but I still get the error code.
    Does your nternet hav a WEP pass or a WPA?

Made by Blue Dragon!

WEP

Default Conkeldurr (Roobushin) Strategy

Hello all, I'm just putting up this thread to get input from you all on my strategy for my Conkeldurr. All advice and criticism is welcome. Thanks.

Conkeldurr:

EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Def, 6 HP
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Adamant
    Item: Flame Orb

Moveset:

Mach Punch
    Drain Punch
    Bulk Up
    Fling

My strategy here is that the burn from the flame orb raises its already maxed attack another 30% and in case a psychic is sent out to sweep me, I can hopefully take it out with fling as it is a dark type. In addition, I can steal a lot of HP with attack raised drain punch, especially if I get in a Bulk Up. I have considered other options as well, such as payback/assurance rather than fling as I will most likely move second due to lack of speed, and a higher base stat for the attack. I have the same issue with lack of speed for bulk up, and don't know when I would be able to get it off. I was also debating as to whether or not I should max its defense rather than attack, as the attack will be raised by Guts. Please let me know what you think.

~DENOHZEE

Blog Entries

You should probably invest into more HP. I don't know why you'd stay in when a Physic Pokemon comes in because any of them OHKO due to the lack of SpDef and HP EVs. Fling wont do much damage, and since almost all of them are faster than you, except Reinclous, Payback would be just a better move to use. Bulking Up while being Burned each turn can be pretty dangerous, and if anyone is stupid enough to just sit by and not deal any damage that's the only way I can see that set properly setting up and doing anything.

I'd honestly much rather use the Bulk Up set and switch into a status move, at least you'd have Leftovers.
    Competitive Player

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@jon reed

That happened to me too. I could connect fine, then it didn't work. I think is the fact that the provider doesn't support nintendo wifi connection, even though mine wasn't on the list of ineligible providers (probably since its some Indian provider).
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Conkeldurr (Roobushin) Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by DENOHZEE View Post
    Hello all, I'm just putting up this thread to get input from you all on my strategy for my Conkeldurr. All advice and criticism is welcome. Thanks.

Conkeldurr:

EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Def, 6 HP
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Adamant
    Item: Flame Orb

Moveset:

Mach Punch
    Drain Punch
    Bulk Up
    Fling
    I don't see any reason to maximize physical defense on a BU Roobushin. The defensive EVs should be split betweem HP and Special Defense to increase its overall survivability. Try running a set similar to this:

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Bulk Up
    - Drain Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Stone Edge

Stone Edge is generally better than Payback because Payback no longer reaches 100 base power when the opponent switches.