Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 121

Page 121 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2733
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Hai! That's my golfball! Gatr Golf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Came up with a weird set for a Crobat lead, I'd like somethoughts on it. Wanna see if this is a viable option, or needs some betterment. Keep in mind I usually will toy around with this suff on Shoddy Battle if I can find some people, not and don't always make a companion for it in my actual PLaatinum cart.

Crobat (No Item)
    Jolly Nature
    EV's: 4 HP, 252 Att, 252 Spd
    ~Fly: Standard move, guarenteed hit with STAB bonus assuming the 90 acc doesn't becom too tiresome. One downside is that slower Ice Beams/Punches usually 2HKO, sometimes 1HKO me.
    ~Cross Poison: STAB bonus, high crit ratio, chance for poison.
    ~U-turn: Chip away at something that scares me out, super-effective on psychic types that try to check me. Generally lets me score some hit on anything I need to switch away from.
    ~Theif: This is why I have no item. Assuming I'm faster or can take at least 2 hits, I can break item-dependant leads that don't force a switch. Not that powerful, but also lets me collect a super effective on ghost types.

Major question: Is Crobat fast enough with this nature and EV's to outpace most starters? If not, Theif needs to be dropped for something else, and throw on a Choice Scarf, right?
    I have claimed: Cross Poison ~ Toxicroak ~ Drizzle ~ Water Stone

Thanks for the banner, Kamex!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatr Golf View Post
    Came up with a weird set for a Crobat lead, I'd like somethoughts on it. Wanna see if this is a viable option, or needs some betterment. Keep in mind I usually will toy around with this suff on Shoddy Battle if I can find some people, not and don't always make a companion for it in my actual PLaatinum cart.

Crobat (No Item)
    Jolly Nature
    ~Fly: Standard move, guarenteed hit with STAB bonus assuming the 90 acc doesn't becom too tiresome. One downside is that slower Ice Beams/Punches usually 2HKO, sometimes 1HKO me.
    ~Cross Poison: STAB bonus, high crit ratio, chance for poison.
    ~U-turn: Chip away at something that scares me out, super-effective on psychic types that try to check me. Generally lets me score some hit on anything I need to switch away from.
    ~Theif: This is why I have no item. Assuming I'm faster or can take at least 2 hits, I can break item-dependant leads that don't force a switch. Not that powerful, but also lets me collect a super effective on ghost types.

Major question: Is Crobat fast enough with this nature and EV's to outpace most starters? If not, Theif needs to be dropped for something else, and throw on a Choice Scarf, right?
    brave bird over fly. if you use fly they will just switch to a steel type.

the only lead that will has a chance of speed tying you is aerodactyl. you will be faster than the rest. but you get walled by steel types, on the switch. rock and ground are also trouble. and so will zapdos.
    Deuce's Dominion of Demonic Doppelgängers
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=52233

Hai! That's my golfball! Gatr Golf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    brave bird over fly. if you use fly they will just switch to a steel type.

the only lead that will has a chance of speed tying you is aerodactyl. you will be faster than the rest. but you get walled by steel types, on the switch. rock and ground are also trouble. and so will zapdos.
    Good point, I oughtta give Brave Bird a go. Power is worth the hp sacrifice. If I'm faster, why not U-Turn and type match?
    I have claimed: Cross Poison ~ Toxicroak ~ Drizzle ~ Water Stone

Thanks for the banner, Kamex!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gatr Golf View Post
    Crobat [b]Focus Sash[b]
    Jolly Nature
    ~Brave Bird
    ~Taunt, you want it to be doing something
    ~Super Fang, you really want something to do, so this could be Rain Dance or Sunny Day (While using the respective rock) too,

It's fast enough.

Much love to Zurr

Can someone explain to me how exactly Effort Values work?

I'm thinking of making a FEAR Togekiss, seeing that its priority move, Extremespeed, has +2 speed priority now. What other moves than Endeavor and Extremespeed should I add?
    If only I could kill all of the idiots out there who pollute the GTS with their "gimme Darkrai for my Caterpie" crap...

I put up an Entei on wifi asking for a Regirock. The Regirock that arrived had mail on it, which read along the lines of "This Regirock sucks. All Regirocks suck. Arceus is the best!" What the hell?

Also, no matter what anybody says, RNG is damn near impossible to pull off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokestar View Post
    Can someone explain to me how exactly Effort Values work?
    Basically, effort values are special stat modifications that Pokémon can earn by battling other Pokémon. Each Pokémon has a specific number of effort value points it gives out for each stat (known on Bulbapedia as its EV yield). If a Pokémon participates in a battle against a wild Pokémon, and wins, the winning Pokémon get the full EV yield of the wild Pokémon added to their score.

For every 4 EVs a Pokémon gets in a stat, its stat value at level 100 will be 1 point higher. The maximum number of EVs a Pokémon can have in one stat is 255, and can overall have 510 EVs.

Also, vitamins and wings increase the amount of EVs by specific amounts. Vitamins raise a stat by 10 EVs, but cannot raise the EVs of a stat past 100. Wings raise the EVs of a stat by one, but can be used until the EV hits maximum.

Also, there are a few berries that will actually lower the EVs a Pokémon has, which can be helpful for getting rid of EVs in stats you don't want of need them for. Each berry decreases the EV total of one stat by ten, or down to 100 if the EV yield is over 100. The effort values gained in a stat cannot go past zero.

I hope this helped. If you want to know anything else, check through the pages of Bulbapedia dealing with stats and effort values.

So to successfully add EVs to a pokemon you have to faint a certain amount of wild pokemon that yield the correct EV for your pokemon?

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

pretty much, or use vitamins
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Registered User Du Sundavar Freohr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Need advice

What is a good wall breaker pokemon and a glass cannon. I want both for my team

Blog Entries

Gen 4 or 5?

Much love to Zurr

Registered User Du Sundavar Freohr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ramaparados does both. CB headsmash will KO skarmory. Unfortunetly the recoil will kill you back. Normal wall breakers include Infernape, Tentacruel, etc. For more info on wall breaking read this.

As for glass cannon, why do you want one on your team again? I would say Infernape is the most practicle, but ramparados, honchkrow, and pikachu all fit the bill.
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Blog Entries

If a Pokemon holding a Gem attacks a Pokemon behind Protect, does the Gem get used?

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

I was wondering what nature/EV spread you guys think would be good for a Celebi using Nasty Plot and Giga Drain together.

I have a Celebi (not saved yet) with a modest nature and an IV spread of 26 14 31 16 30 30 so I'm trying to figure out if that would work well before I go flushing it away.