Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 118

Page 118 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2760
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Speed you generally want a 31 since it can be a matter of outspeeding or not, which is a big deal. Unless its a defensive pokemon, where speed is irrelevent. the others I would say 25+ for most ivs which are very important (for attackers, their attack stat, for defensive pokemon its HP/defense/special defense), and for attackers I would say defensive above 20 are good enough if they are really frail (weavile, infernape), or 22+ if its a bulky attacker (metagross, scizor, Jirachi)
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Thank you for the quick answer. I also have another question I am curious about. When evolving a Scyther into a Scizor when should it be done? I am wondering if Scyther's much better speed stat has anything to do with when you want to evolve.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Noctowl the Viking View Post
    Thank you for the quick answer. I also have another question I am curious about. When evolving a Scyther into a Scizor when should it be done? I am wondering if Scyther's much better speed stat has anything to do with when you want to evolve.
    After Level 9(when Scyther and Scizor learn Pursuit). Otherwise it doesn't matter when because most moves are either Tutor or TMs.

As for the speed, it doesn't matter much. Scyther is much faster but more frail, and really poor coverage. Scizors speed stat should only be high if it's the Swords Dance set or the Choice Scarf set.
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

Thank you for the answer.

Future Frontier Brain

A couple things:

1.)Can Empoleon be a good user of Hone Claws?

Empoleon-Leftovers (Torrent/Competitiveness) Not sure which to use.
    Brave (Atk+, Spd-)
    4 HP/160 Atk/200 SpAtk/80 Def/64 SpDef
    Aqua Jet
    Hone Claws
    Blizzard
    Earthquake/Brick Break/Rock Tomb

Aqua Jet for priority & STAB, also great w/ Hone Claws. Blizzard gets 93% accuracy after 1 use of Hone Claws & takes care of Dragon, Ground, & Grass threats. Earthquake is a given, but I also thought Brick Break would be useful for those floating Steels that Earthquake hates to miss. Rock Tomb might seem strange, but I like the Speed drop it gives to opponents. This however, leaves me susceptible to those same Steels. Anything I can do to improve Empoleon's chances of using this move?

2.)What should go in this Sceptile's final moveslot?

Sceptile-Life Orb (Overgrow)
    Hasty (Spd+,Def-)
    132 Atk/200 SpAtk/176 Spd
    Giga Drain
    Earthquake
    Hidden Power (Fire)
    X-Scissor/Dragon Pulse

Should I go w/ Dragon Pulse or X-Scissor on this Sceptile? X-Scissor helps against Pokemon like Zoroark, Reuniclus, & Espeon, but Dragon Pulse is great for coverage & helpful against Dragons (who really screw Sceptile over otherwise).

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AuraSoul93 View Post
    A couple things:

1.)Can Empoleon be a good user of Hone Claws?

Empoleon-Leftovers (Torrent/Competitiveness) Not sure which to use.
    Brave (Atk+, Spd-)
    4 HP/160 Atk/200 SpAtk/80 Def/64 SpDef
    Aqua Jet
    Hone Claws
    Blizzard
    Earthquake/Brick Break/Rock Tomb

Aqua Jet for priority & STAB, also great w/ Hone Claws. Blizzard gets 93% accuracy after 1 use of Hone Claws & takes care of Dragon, Ground, & Grass threats. Earthquake is a given, but I also thought Brick Break would be useful for those floating Steels that Earthquake hates to miss. Rock Tomb might seem strange, but I like the Speed drop it gives to opponents. This however, leaves me susceptible to those same Steels. Anything I can do to improve Empoleon's chances of using this move?

2.)What should go in this Sceptile's final moveslot?

Sceptile-Life Orb (Overgrow)
    Hasty (Spd+,Def-)
    132 Atk/200 SpAtk/176 Spd
    Giga Drain
    Earthquake
    Hidden Power (Fire)
    X-Scissor/Dragon Pulse

Should I go w/ Dragon Pulse or X-Scissor on this Sceptile? X-Scissor helps against Pokemon like Zoroark, Reuniclus, & Espeon, but Dragon Pulse is great for coverage & helpful against Dragons (who really screw Sceptile over otherwise).
    Empoleon doesn't seem like a good user of Hone Claws due to its low speed and lack of a physical movepool to take advantage of the accuracy boost. If you want a physical Empoleon, use the standard Gen. IV Swords Dance set.

Your Sceptile has an inefficient EV spread because you are 100 EVs shy of the 508 mark. I'd suggest giving it an EV spread of 80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe and a moveset of Leaf Storm / Earthquake /Hidden Power (Fire) / Dragon Pulse. Leaf Storm should be your primary attack because it can deal a massive amount of damage to most things that don't resist it and it allows you to potentially abuse Overgrow later in the match. Dragon Pulse hits Latias, Latios, Salamence, and Garchomp super-effectively and can revenge weakened Gengar. The final two moves provide coverage against opposing grass and steel types.

You also may want to go with a Naive nature over Hasty. I haven't run any damage calculations, but Naive may very well leave you better protected from physical priority moves.

Edit: Fixed the EVs
    Last edited by g3rgni; 28th January 2011 at 12:33 AM.

Blog Entries

That come out to 456 EVs, so maybe 80 in attack?
    Secret butt fun!

Avatar made by this guy. I have a YouTube account and a twitter.
    In Soviet Bulbagarden, anime is butthurt over all aspects of YOU!

Future Frontier Brain

Quote Originally Posted by Heathcliff Huxtable View Post
    Empoleon doesn't seem like a good user of Hone Claws due to its low speed and lack of a physical movepool to take advantage of the accuracy boost. If you want a physical Empoleon, use the standard Gen. IV Swords Dance set.

Your Sceptile has an inefficient EV spread because you are 100 EVs shy of the 508 mark. I'd suggest giving it an EV spread of 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe and a moveset of Leaf Storm / Earthquake /Hidden Power (Fire) / Dragon Pulse. Leaf Storm should be your primary attack because it can deal a massive amount of damage to most things that don't resist it and it allows you to potentially abuse Overgrow later in the match. Dragon Pulse hits Latias, Latios, Salamence, and Garchomp super-effectively and can revenge weakened Gengar. The final two moves provide coverage against opposing grass and steel types.

You also may want to go with a Naive nature over Hasty. I haven't run any damage calculations, but Naive may very well leave you better protected from physical priority moves.
    Ah! I didn't notice the EVs were so off. And thanks for the comments, helped out alot.

Blog Entries

Follow Haxie-kun on Tumblr

In pokemon black and white,
    What is the original name of the male character you play as?
    Like in hgss female character when you play as original name is Lyra.
    http://fav.me/d4nfczm (my DV art)http://zombie-haxie-chantumblr.com/ follow me!~Feel free to chat with me~

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

The english default names arent known yet. The japanese ones are Touya(Black) and Touko( White)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rakarei View Post
    That come out to 456 EVs, so maybe 80 in attack?
    Yeah, I meant 80 in attack. I'm not sure where 28 came from.

Anyway, 80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe is probably the best spread for mixed Sceptile in Gen. V OU. The extra special attack increases Leaf Storm's power and allows Sceptile to deal more damage to dragons with Dragon Pulse.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guywhoselooking View Post
    In pokemon black and white,
    What is the original name of the male character you play as?
    Like in hgss female character when you play as original name is Lyra.
    From what I've heard, it's Ninty.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

i am playing pokemon heartgold right now and i need lots of battle points for moves for my pokemon i need 216 battle points what is the quickest way to earn battle points if you have an answer plz vm me i rarely come here to check thought...

What would be a good use of the Gamestop Shiny Entei's physical attack power? I assume some of the event moves should probably be kept as well (not Howl), but I'm not sure which. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haberdasher View Post
    What would be a good use of the Gamestop Shiny Entei's physical attack power? I assume some of the event moves should probably be kept as well (not Howl), but I'm not sure which. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    A simple Choice Band set with Flare Blitz/ExtremeSpeed/Stone Edge/Will-O-Wisp would probably work. Will-O-Wisp may seem like a bad choice, but the attack could be used to catch some switch-ins off guard. A Life Orb mixed moveset, like the one on Smogon, could also work providing you can get an Event Entei with Hidden Power Grass.