Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 107

Page 107 of 182 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2718
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Aco
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

I appreciate the advice, but that doesn't he'll in my strategies?

1076 6445 8516~
    [Dougefresh made my banner.]~Need Some Papers?(will edit link in time.)

Want to laugh?
    Quote Originally Posted by 75997599 View Post
    iiiiiii want pokemon i like the game and tv and movies pooookkkkeeeemmmmoooonnnn

Blog Entries

A baton pass-receiving Snorlax seems like too much of a gimmick to be effective. If you want to use Snorlax offensively, you're better of using a Curselax or a CB set. Neither is extremely effective in today's metagame filled with fighting types, but both sets do have their uses.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aco View Post
    so you're saying if i were to EV train my ninjask in full speed and attack, i would have to do the same just to get a better outcome?
    wouldnt the ninjask's speed be enough alone? and i could you use my lead (azelf) to set spikes and stealth rocks, than swith to ninjask (possibly after azelf has done his work, maybe explosion just to get rid of the poekmon facing it +free swap pokemon, which i than switch in ninjask and basicclly:
    Ninjask used agility! (speed +)
    Ninjask used swords dance (attack +)
    ninjask used baton pass! pass onto snorlax than i have snorlax wreck the team with its current conidtion? awesome,
    First of all, you;re forgetting about Speed Boost. And no, it'd be more like
    Ninjask used Protect!
    Ninjask protected itself.
    ninjask used Swords Dance!
    Ninjask hung on using it's Focus Sash!
    Ninjask used Baton Pass!
    @_Rakarei_
    That's why I use Foretress. Rapid Spin and Explode.
    I know that people might think it's a gimmick, but that's why it's so effective! Usually the opponent ends up brining in something like Suicune or Swampert or whatever ice move pokes they have. It doesn't work, because of Think Fat SNorlax is all and ready. THe surprise factor is what makes it work. I know in theory it sounds pathetic, but I tried it out for fun once and that team has never let me down since.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Default The debatable moves...

I am going to ev train a qwilfish, and I have the option of giving it either spikes or toxic spikes. as they are both equally good moves, I would like you other people to help me decide which one would be better used on a qwilfish, spikes, or toxic spikes?
    Want A free mew? (more or less)
    Place Of Buying (VM offers)

The Pro Tip: Kill ALL audinos that come your way :)

Blog Entries
    Follow That Guy On Twitter Add That Guy on Facebook Add That Guy on Google+
    Visit That Guy's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The debatable moves...

I'd personally go for Toxic Spikes, but then again, Spikes guarantees damage when a foe is switched in, whereas if it's Toxic Spikes, they may be holding a Pecha/Lum Berry (a problem I had with Ice Fang on Whitney's Miltank, but that's a story for another day).
    But yeah, there are more items that don't prevent poison than do, so I'd pick T Spikes. The only dangers are Berries and a pokemon with an ability like Poison Heal (damn Brelooms and their cheatingness...)
    Yeah, I write weirdly dark stuff sometimes. Birdsong, I Can't See The Light and The Courteous Soldier, if you're interested.

I run the Yourovision Song Contest. Join us!
    Alternatively, partake of my vlogs, Eurovision reviews and LPs on my second YouTube channel.

Default Re: The debatable moves...

Spikes since they also affect Steel types. Toxic spikes also get absorbed by any toxic types to enter the field.

With the frequent switching of pokemon the poison/toxic damage is almost neglect-able.

Aco
    Blog Entries

Can anybody help with a dragon dance bagon and a fake out skitty? The bagon being modest, but let us assume a better nature, cause' I will be breeding until I get the adamant one, and fake out skitty is bashful

1076 6445 8516~
    [Dougefresh made my banner.]~Need Some Papers?(will edit link in time.)

Want to laugh?
    Quote Originally Posted by 75997599 View Post
    iiiiiii want pokemon i like the game and tv and movies pooookkkkeeeemmmmoooonnnn

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

what help do you need? If you want someone to breed it for you you can ask in the requests area in the trade area or in a shop. BTW Jolly is a better nature for a DDmence and skitty is all but useless in competitive battling, persian and ambipom being better.
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

If I'm EV training and I KO a pokemon, but get KOed by recoil, do I still get the EVs or no?
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

No. You have to gain experience to receive EVs, so by principle if you faint, you don't get EXP and therefore no EVs.

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was looking through post 1 one of this thread and I think a few things should be added to the OP. Smogon's damage calc, x-act's defensive ev calculator, mariland's team builder, psypoke's attack type combo analysis tool, smogon's pokemon dictionary, smogon's intro to competitive batling, the warstory machine (only applicable to shoddy battle but still useful), and also the ev maximizing (not the defensive one) which I downloaded and have been using but I cant find the link.

All of those help me alot and anyone who reads through that post should see them. I think those themselves will halve the amount of unbalanced teams, and solve alot of questions people tend to have.
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Blog Entries

Ok here we go.
    What move should I waste my BP on?

Outrage?
    Iron Head?

These are the pokes.

Outrage guy.
    Crunch
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    Fire Fang (replacing)

Iron Head guy
    Doom Desire (replacing)
    Thunder Wave
    Ice Punch
    Fire Punch.

Suggestions?
    Friend Code X is:

3840-6649-9157

Blog Entries

Outrage / DD / EQ form the basis of the dreaded DDMence set. The last slot depends on what you want. If you want a more defensive, longer lasting Mence, Roost is a good candidate for the last slot. Fire Blast usually completes offensive variants because it helps you punch through steels. A small percentage of people run Dragon Claw in the last slot for some more reliable STAB to attack with without locking yourself into Outrage.....personally, I think it's worth consideration.

On Jirachi, Iron Head over Doom Desire, no contest. Since I'm assuming you want a flinchhax Jirachi, Thunderpunch > Thunder Wave if you have the BP for it.

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Blog Entries

this probably seems like the noobish question.

If I Trick an item in the Battle Tower or online play will I lose it?
    Friend Code X is:

3840-6649-9157

Blog Entries

No. Your items are returned to you at the end of battle.