Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 104
Page 104 of 222 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3317

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Quote Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
    Life Orb
    As for the Fire Punch I'd go with Flare Blitz just because of the power. Fourth move is all up to you, I'd say test it out but I'd personally go with either ThunderPunch or Mach Punch.

Leftovers
    Earthquake is on the set because it's the strongest physical move he has, and it's also STAB. But if you don't like it try Stone Edge or something...
    I was thinking Flare Blitz, but I think Fire Punch would work almost as well with the iron fist ability and without the recoil damage, also I know Earthquake would be a great move for Gliscor but I won't be able to use it as well in double battle strategies so I'm trying to find another good option, which Stone Edge sounds good.
    Visit my DeviantART Page!

I'm trying to make a Sudowoodo to use in a Trick Room team, but I'm having trouble thinking of a set that wouldn't coincide with that of my Rampardos's (HeadSmash/Earthquake/HammerArm/Outrage). How should I change the Sudowoodo's moveset(currently WoodHammer/StoneEdge/Earthquake/Explosion)?
    If only I could kill all of the idiots out there who pollute the GTS with their "gimme Darkrai for my Caterpie" crap...

I put up an Entei on wifi asking for a Regirock. The Regirock that arrived had mail on it, which read along the lines of "This Regirock sucks. All Regirocks suck. Arceus is the best!" What the hell?

Also, no matter what anybody says, RNG is damn near impossible to pull off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikarugelord View Post
    I'm trying to make a Sudowoodo to use in a Trick Room team, but I'm having trouble thinking of a set that wouldn't coincide with that of my Rampardos's (HeadSmash/Earthquake/HammerArm/Outrage). How should I change the Sudowoodo's moveset(currently WoodHammer/StoneEdge/Earthquake/Explosion)?
    First off, do not use Outrage on Rampardos, it's not worth it without STAB, and Hammer Arm only gives redundant coverage with Earthquake, which gets SE even on Levitaters, so make the last two moves on Rampardos, Zen Headbutt, and Fire Punch.

Sudowoodo's Set seems good, but you could consider Double-Edge for a move spot over Explosion.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

Visit Karisse's Youtube Channel

So I got the Wi-Fi event Mew, but I haven't picked him up yet. I was planning on making a mixed sweeper set with these moves:
    - Dragon Claw
    - Dark Pulse
    - Aura Sphere
    - Swords Dance/Nasty Plot

Should I go with SD or NP, or something completely different for the fourth slot? What nature and EV spread should I go with?

Bishounen Pride! • Claims: Ayane, Xingcai • YouTube Channel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HypersonicYanmega View Post
    So I got the Wi-Fi event Mew, but I haven't picked him up yet. I was planning on making a mixed sweeper set with these moves:
    - Dragon Claw
    - Dark Pulse
    - Aura Sphere
    - Swords Dance/Nasty Plot

Should I go with SD or NP, or something completely different for the fourth slot? What nature and EV spread should I go with?
    Both sets are outclassed, Mew is know as "A jack of all trades, a master of none," so it has few sets that others don't out-class, http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/mew, those are the sets that aren't outclassed on it.

Much love to Zurr

Quote Originally Posted by CRACKADACTYL! View Post
    First off, do not use Outrage on Rampardos, it's not worth it without STAB, and Hammer Arm only gives redundant coverage with Earthquake, which gets SE even on Levitaters, so make the last two moves on Rampardos, Zen Headbutt, and Fire Punch.

Sudowoodo's Set seems good, but you could consider Double-Edge for a move spot over Explosion.
    I see the logic in your statements, but taking into account how much time I spent to breed HammerArm onto it and to teach Outrage to it, I think I'll stick with the current moveset. HammerArm helps defeat Blissey without sustaining heavy damage in return, and Outrage is a nice surprise against Dragon types.

Thanks for the concise advice, though.
    If only I could kill all of the idiots out there who pollute the GTS with their "gimme Darkrai for my Caterpie" crap...

I put up an Entei on wifi asking for a Regirock. The Regirock that arrived had mail on it, which read along the lines of "This Regirock sucks. All Regirocks suck. Arceus is the best!" What the hell?

Also, no matter what anybody says, RNG is damn near impossible to pull off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikarugelord View Post
    I see the logic in your statements, but taking into account how much time I spent to breed HammerArm onto it and to teach Outrage to it, I think I'll stick with the current moveset. HammerArm helps defeat Blissey without sustaining heavy damage in return, and Outrage is a nice surprise against Dragon types.

Thanks for the concise advice, though.
    At least take out Outrage. With no STAB and so many steel types around it's so worthless...you're pretty much set up bait for things like Metagross, Skarmory and Scizor. Plus the only Dragons you can take out is Dragonite and Kingdra, and you have to hope they don't have a DD up. Against a Flygon you're done unless you predict it to switch in. It's better to use another move which will provide you with more coverage like Fire Punch who takes care of Grass types that he's weak to, unlike Dragons. But it's your choice.
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
    At least take out Outrage. With no STAB and so many steel types around it's so worthless...you're pretty much set up bait for things like Metagross, Skarmory and Scizor. Plus the only Dragons you can take out is Dragonite and Kingdra, and you have to hope they don't have a DD up. Against a Flygon you're done unless you predict it to switch in. It's better to use another move which will provide you with more coverage like Fire Punch who takes care of Grass types that he's weak to, unlike Dragons. But it's your choice.

I really wish Rampardos got Ice Punch.

Much love to Zurr

been reading this post 4th Generation RMT...probably my last 4G Team.
    very helpful.
    but I got one thing confused.

how can Snorlax learn Selfdestruct in HGSS?
    just can't figure it out by myself

Blog Entries

Snorlax learns it in one of two ways:
    1. Get one in a third gen game, tutor it Selfdestruct in XD and Pal Park it.
    2. Get a Munchlax from the Winner's Path Pokewalker course and evolve it.

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Do people in the US have to wait until Black & White come out in English for players to give the Gen 5 Pokemon proper tier placements?

Blog Entries

I'm working on an anti-Wondertomb Ditto. This won't be for competitive play as most people would consider it illegal. I'm using the HG/SS Ditto glitch to get the moves I need.

Ditto @ Quick Powder
    Jolly
    HP: 100, Def: 152, Spd: 252
    -Toxic
    -Fire Fang
    -Confuse Ray
    -Transform

Hit hard, hit fast, cripple, transform if needed. Suggestions?

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Blog Entries

@GliscorMan: Please ask in the Hacker's Hideout forum. This isn't the place to ask about illegal movesets or hacks.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraSoul93 View Post
    Do people in the US have to wait until Black & White come out in English for players to give the Gen 5 Pokemon proper tier placements?
    No. It really depends on policy review on Smogon and when PokeLab/Shoddy 2 will support the 5th gen or if they'll condone PO stats, but speaking from experience in D/P, we will at least have a preliminary OU list and almost established ubers list by the time B/W are released overseas. Hell, most gen 5s already have analyses and a preliminary ban list is being discussed so it's already underway.

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Blog Entries

can someone help me with, well basiclly everything about lugia,
    i dont have have an officl position for him, i would just like help for what position lugia is best fitted for, what item is good for this postiion, if no one response, its fine, i know im not being descpriptive its just i've only started on the concepet of having lugia used, :/ any help?

Blog Entries

Lugia @ Leftovers
    Timid
    252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe

Roost
    Reflect / Toxic
    Whirlwind
    Ice Beam

In my opinion, Lugia's greatest niche in ubers is the ability to be an effective PHazer. This set works best with lots of entry hazards, such as with a Deoxys setting Spikes and Stealth Rock. Throw in Toxic over Reflect if you like but keep in mind that Steel types and Blissey are common and like to switch into Lugia. It's also good at walling physical threats, so Ice Beam is crucial since a number are weak to Ice.