Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 100
Page 100 of 217 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3241

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Been knocking around the idea of a Mixed Shaymin-S set.

Naive@Life Orb
    EVs: ??? / 252 Spe
    -- Swords Dance
    -- Seed Bomb
    -- Air Slash
    -- Hidden Power Rock/Earth Power/Synthesis
    I think the best way to go is SD / Seed Bomb / Earth Power / Return, which gives you the best coverage in ubers. You can run HP Fire instead of Earth Power if you like, but I prefer putting the hurt on Dialga than Scizor/Forrey. Personally, in ubers there's not a big reason to run mixed because Blissey already fears Subseeding sets and Seed Flare.

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Blog Entries

can someone suggest me a move for my Gardevoir?

Im going to get rid of double team.... thinking of Wish Healing Wish or Thunderbolt

Psychic
    Grass Knot
    Calm Mind
    Double Team
    Friend Code X is:

3840-6649-9157

Blog Entries

I would recommend getting rid of Grass Knot and going for a set like Psychic / Thunderbolt / Calm Mind / Wish.

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I am not a he View Post
    I would recommend getting rid of Grass Knot and going for a set like Psychic / Thunderbolt / Calm Mind / Wish.
    Thanks I'll think about that. I was thinking of getting Wish because she kicks major ass with a life orb :) Grass Knot's their for bulky Physical attckers because she doesn't have to good defenses
    Friend Code X is:

3840-6649-9157

I'm planning to train a Drifblim that'll be in my Doubles team. Its role is to use Skill Swap to get rid of Slaking's Truant. However, I'm in a dilemma in whether to choose Timid as its nature and max out its Speed or use Bold and max its Defences.
    On the same note, currently its moves are Skill Swap, Hypnosis, Memento and Shadow Ball. If you can, please give some advice on it(whether it's the moveset, nature or if you know that there is a better Skill Swapper). Thanks :D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by metalleg View Post
    I'm planning to train a Drifblim that'll be in my Doubles team. Its role is to use Skill Swap to get rid of Slaking's Truant. However, I'm in a dilemma in whether to choose Timid as its nature and max out its Speed or use Bold and max its Defences.
    On the same note, currently its moves are Skill Swap, Hypnosis, Memento and Shadow Ball. If you can, please give some advice on it(whether it's the moveset, nature or if you know that there is a better Skill Swapper). Thanks :D
    If you want Drifblim to be a Skill Swapper max out it's speed so your almost guarenteed to get it done before he dies
    Friend Code X is:

3840-6649-9157

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by metalleg View Post
    Timid would be good, and it should have unburden, and the move Swagger, Slaking should have Lum Berry and its EVs should focus on Defense. Basically it goes like this,
    Turn 1:
    Drifblim uses Skill Swap with Slaking,

Turn 2:
    Drifblim uses Swagger on Slaking, which activates Slaking's new ability of unburden. Slaking now has +2 Attack with 1 +Speed.

Turn 3->: PWN A NOOB

Much love to Zurr

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I'll go with Timid and max out the Speed. As for Crakadactyl's combination, I think it's brilliant. Thanks again :D

What type has the best coverage along with Grass? (like how Ghost/Dragon has perfect coverage with Fighting, how Electric has good coverage with Ice, & how Water has good coverage with Normal)

Hey there competitive battling dudes and dudettes! I am not one for competitive battling at all; but I have a question for all those that do:

In my time on these forums and browsing Smogon, I've read a lot about how heavily used Stealth Rock is in the current metagame.

Do any of you go out of your way to not use Stealth Rock just because it's so over-used?
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

Blog Entries

Competitive battling doesn't work that way. You use things because they're effective, and if you "go out of your way" to avoid using things just because everyone else uses it, then you can't expect to be successful.

Anyways, Stealth Rock is a staple. It's so important that few teams can function without its reliable damage. If I see an RMT in singles play without them, that's abnormal. Of course, I have my own opinions on whether it should be allowed, but...yeah.

Blog Entries

I gotta question. Should I replace Fire Punch for Earthquake on my Electivire?
    Fire Punch
    Ice Punch
    Thunder Punch
    Cross Chop
    Friend Code X is:

3840-6649-9157

Blog Entries

In a double battle, will Endure endure you from both the hits?

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

@Eonmaster: Sure

@Magnus: Yes it will. It will also survive any multi-hit moves.

What is the most efficient way to breed both Aqua Jet and Ice Punch onto a Totodile(4th gen)? I'd prefer to not waste Shards/BP if I can just breed the moves onto it. I'd use the Seedot calculator if it was compatible with HGSS egg moves, but it isn't.
    If only I could kill all of the idiots out there who pollute the GTS with their "gimme Darkrai for my Caterpie" crap...

I put up an Entei on wifi asking for a Regirock. The Regirock that arrived had mail on it, which read along the lines of "This Regirock sucks. All Regirocks suck. Arceus is the best!" What the hell?

Also, no matter what anybody says, RNG is damn near impossible to pull off.