Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 10

Page 10 of 184 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Blog Entries

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Does the evasion boost from Double Team pass on if you use Baton Pass?

Blog Entries

Visit Wiilio's Youtube Channel

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Yes. Any raised stat passes on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iPoké View Post
    ....Trick Room, it always goes last, but what about if your holding a Custap Berry?
    I found this on Smogon, which should answer the question:
    Quick Claw gives your Pokemon an 18.75% chance of ignoring Speed and going first within your speed bracket, barring the enemy also activating a Quick Claw, in which case normal Speed rules would apply. Speed and Quick Claw never let a move with a lower priority beat a higher priority (so a Quick Claw activated Deoxys-S using Vital Throw always goes after Macho Brace paralyzed Shuckle using Tackle). Custap Berry makes your next move automatically go to the top of its priority bracket after activating.

FC: 3180-5269-0929

No answers to mine other than I might be able to make a new thread for it?

Blog Entries

Yeah just make a new thread for it.

So, I'm curious as to some of your opinions. I've got 2 Bulbasaur, both bold. They both generally have the same stats at level 1 now.

One with the "Mischievous" nature, meaning it's SPA will be the highest IV. That also happens to be the highest under the SPA category.

The other has "Good Endurance", which is good because it's defense-based, but it has a lesser potential rate.

The third option, since Venusaur generally doesn't outrun opponents in OU and under, is relaxed, with "often dozes off" for maximum HP EV.

Which do you think I should use?
    Last edited by Trainer'sInsomnia; 28th January 2009 at 12:21 AM.

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I think you should use the 'Mischievous' one. It's defenses may not be as great, but that's what Sleep Powder and Leech Seed are for. Plus, this means you can hit said statused/seeded enemies harder. Unless, of course, it's defensive IVs are horrible...there's my 2 cents.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Quote Originally Posted by Edo-kun View Post
    I think you should use the 'Mischievous' one. It's defenses may not be as great, but that's what Sleep Powder and Leech Seed are for. Plus, this means you can hit said statused/seeded enemies harder. Unless, of course, it's defensive IVs are horrible...there's my 2 cents.
    Thanks a lot Edo-Kun, I appreciate it. I was leaning towards the Mischievous one as well, as Special Attack falls into one of Venusaur's primary strengths and can still be useful. So it's not like it's attack or anything. But this helped me make the decision, thanks.

Blog Entries

Venasaur isn't the offensive type, so going with a more defensive one is better. If its not attacking much, why bother going for that as its highest stat? Anyway, why not use a calculator and figure out its IVs, maybe the mischevous one still has the higher defense overall.

Quote Originally Posted by iPoké View Post
    Venasaur isn't the offensive type, so going with a more defensive one is better. If its not attacking much, why bother going for that as its highest stat? Anyway, why not use a calculator and figure out its IVs, maybe the mischevous one still has the higher defense overall.
    Because of that very possibility ^

Besides, it's not necessarily that I'm "going" for offensive, it's just a matter of working with what I got out of the err...40 Bulbasaur that I've hatched. And I figure since both of it's actual attacks are special (or one if I decide to add Protect/LS), and it has strong Special Attack as well, it may not hurt. But as I mentioned, it really comes down to whether or not the defense is higher overall.

Although I wasn't aware I could calculate it as a newborn. I've only ever done it once they've reached 100. May I ask, how would I go about doing that?

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer'sInsomnia View Post
    Although I wasn't aware I could calculate it as a newborn. I've only ever done it once they've reached 100. May I ask, how would I go about doing that?
    Get some Rare Candies (10 would be the best, but less will work -- I don't recommend any less than 7 or 8, though), then save your game. Go to an IV calculator (I recommend this one). Put in the pokemon's species, nature, and trait, then enter in it's current stat values. Feed it one Rare Candy, then enter in the stat values as shown for level 2. Rinse and repeat a few times, then hit 'calculate.' It'll give you a list of your pokemon's IVs. If it's able to calculate them all, it will even tell you what it's Hidden Power type and power is.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

So what do you guys think? The "mischievous" turned out as thus:
    Bulbasaur - #1 (Bold)
    HP: 10 - 19
    Att: 12 - 13
    Def: 2 - 11
    SpA: 31
    SpD: 26 - 27
    Speed: 10 - 19
    Bold #1 Bulbasaur: 10 - 19 / 12 - 13 / 2 - 11 / 31 / 26 - 27 / 10 - 19

The "Good Endurance" turned out like so:
    Bulbasaur - #1 (Bold)
    HP: 27 - 28
    Att: 14
    Def: 28
    SpA: 26 - 27
    SpD: 15 - 19
    Speed: 10 - 19
    Bold #1 Bulbasaur: 27 - 28 / 14 / 28 / 26 - 27 / 15 - 19 / 10 - 19
    -----

Of these 2 the "Good Endurance" would be my pick due to it's pros. But the drastically low margin of SPDef is a bit discouraging for me to use it at all. In the mean time I may go back to breeding more, but what do you guys think? Thanks, again.

DCM
    Blog Entries

Keep the second one, keep breeding
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Blog Entries

The most important thing for a Venusaur to have IV-wise is 31 HP. Since neither of those have 31 HP, then move on to the next IVs it needs most: Def and SpD. Then it's going to want SpA. Those are the only ones it needs good/decent IVs in. Personally, I'd go with the second one. It has acceptable Defense and SpA. But like DCM said, keep breeding.

Blog Entries

The Good Endurance one definately. The five to six IVS off of perfection in special attack isn't really going to hinder it as much as the bad hit-points and defenses.

Page 10 of 184 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast