I was thinking of using a choicebanded mamoswine as my garchomp counter. I was thinking something like this
What do you guys think?
Actually I was reading serebii and SkittyonWailord suggested 252def/252atk Garchomp can't ko without sd and mamo one shots back
Just a question about the sub-forum itself. What do I do in this situation?:
So I posted a thread with my team a little while ago, it's fallen down the list and I, the OP, was the last to post in it. However, since then, I've made large changes to the team (such as switching most of the members to different Pokemon, item changes, moveset and role changes, etc.). I want to share what I have, but this seems to be in a bit of a gray area. I don't want to double post to move it up the list for obvious reasons, and I don't want to make an edit to my old post that no one will see either. So what do I do in this situation? I don't think I can just post a new thread, as it's still technically the same team, just drastically changed. Unless that's okay to do, but I'm pretty sure it's not.
So is there a "legal" way around this, or am I just out of luck?
Most people in RMTs just tend to bump. I mean if you honestly need more help, just a friendly little bump won't hurt. Even if you get a warn, you can always argue that, and also that it is done in other RMTs.
Also maybe you can also edit the title after the bump to show that its different, but technically the same team and you still need more help.
Also actually edit the changes on your first post.
Oh okay. Just wanted to be sure. Thanks so much!
I feel the same way cooltank
Providing calcs just in case an arguement starts, also stop listening to PoW.
Originally Posted by shedinjask
From Sigmon's Mamoswine:
Damage: 128.29% - 150.98%
Of course, that's from a Garchomp who does not run any hit points or defenses. Garchomps are now ever so popular with Yache Berry, which does not seem to be on metalkid's calc. However, we know it weakens it by like a third....
However, how does your Mamoswine fair on switching in? Going with the Smogon EV spread:
Against neutral nature Outrage: 65.75% - 77.35%
Against Adamant Nature Outrage: 72.10% - 84.81%
Against Jolly CB Chomp Outrage: 98.34% - 115.47% (no need for Adamant then)
Against Jolly CB Chomp Earthquake: Damage: 82.04% - 96.41%
Agaisnt Adamant CB Chomp Earthquake: 89.78% - 105.80%
Against Chain Chomp's Fire Blast: 79.56% - 93.65%
Against Chain Chomp's Draco Meteor: 69.34% - 81.77%
Now we see that Mamoswine actually does OHKO while Garchomp does not. If Mamoswien gets in on the Swords Dance, it is safe. However, CB Mamoswine itself is a crap counter when you get right down to it. In some cases, all you need is spikes set up or even a little bit of Damage, and Mamoswine won't be able to switch in. No Garchomp, unless one used by a crap trainer, would risk using Outrage until its counters have been dealt with, or damaged to the point of no return, and by the looks of it, Mamoswine's point of no return is fairly close.
Ah well it was worth a shot so it seems as though garchomp has no counter sadly so suspect ladder for me it is
Correction: No 100% counter that works for all sets (like Tyranitar)
Though Mamoswine still gets the short end of the stick being damaged over 50%.
Perhaps lowering your attack so it does at minimum 100% on Garchomp and distributing HP and defense in the best possible way......
Probably that would work best
Hows my sassy Metagross? Quick Claw is because of its low speed
Sassy (Atk: 157 Def: 153 SpAt: 124 SpDf: 122 Speed: 86 HP: 154)
No seriously, what happened to the posting relevant information, like you know EV spreads rather than just stats?
Originally Posted by Shinx3000
First of all, if you are concerned about its low speed, why would you be using QUick Claw? There's like a 10% chance of it working and a 90% chance of it being utterly useless.
Second of all, if you are that worried about your speed, why are you using Hammer Arm?
Third, having both Hammer Arm, Earthquake, and Brick Break is redundant. Both Brick Break and Hammer Arm are fighting moves, and Earthquake has similar coverage and you aren't really an electivire who thrives on SE-type coverage.
Use an Adamant Nature, replace Arm Hammer with Agility and give yourself either a Life Orb or Leftovers as the item. YOu may want to consider Explosion over Brick Break aswell, because nothing says "fuck you" as much as exploding and taking an extra Pokemon with you when you are about to die (or just for the fun of it). Thunder Punch (Emerald tutor) for Gyarados also works, aswell as Grass Knot for Swampert.
I have an idea for an annoyance team and wondered any avice. 3 pokemon for battle tower
I wanted to have a pokmon that knew sleep powder and either roar with a high speed so I could "roar" all foes pokemon to sleep. Then take them on. (I had a venusaur with roar and sleep powder, but its speed was low) I also wanted a pokemon with leech seed too, what would be the best moveset/pokemon for the job?
Roar automatically goes last iirc, so you will take some hits. If you want something fast, you might try Breloom with Spore. I can't remember if it can Roar or not though...
For the other two, anything with Double Team and a 100% Accuracy move to stop other DT'ers and probably something with Sturdy when you get into the upper levels.