The "Shit Tier" - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The "Shit Tier"

Blog Entries

Default Re: The "Shit Tier"

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyria View Post
    Having 80 for all of its stats is mediocrity, not being balanced, even with Moody, Glalie will always be a poor spike layer at best.
    Yeah I get that he's not the best, but with 80 in all stats, I highly disagree with it belonging in "The Shit Tier"

Blog Entries

Yeah, I disagree with Glalie in the shit tier. I've sweeped teams with he bomb.
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

Blog Entries

If you think Glalie shouldn't be allowed then post a set that would be broken in the tier.
    Secret butt fun!

Avatar made by this guy. I have a YouTube account and a twitter.
    In Soviet Bulbagarden, anime is butthurt over all aspects of YOU!

Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

We should probably not include Moody. The Ability's banned, after all (and for good reason).
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries

Well, Glalie gets Block, Disable, Taunt and Torment. Not to mention Ice Body for Hail teams. Could be an interesting choice-breaker.

Blog Entries

I don't think we should ban Glalie on the basis that it's good. In every tier of play, some Pokemon will stand out as superior to others depending on the metagame. OU is currently populated by Tyranitar and Ferrothorn, UU has Victini all over the place, etc. Just because some Pokemon can handle the metagame better than others, it doesn't mean they're broken.

Seriously, if you want to have a tier where Luvdisc is the most viable Pokemon, then you need to make a Luvdisc-only tier. Otherwise, some Pokemon will always stand out over others in a metagame. Glalie's a good spiker, so? It doesn't mean he's broken. He'd only be broken if you found you couldn't play a freaking game without seeing or having a Glalie because his spiking abilities are too central to too many teams to not have him. I'm sorry, but I just don't think so.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Do I have to be the ℍEℝO? Valkyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I honestly don't see why people think Glalie is too good for this tier, it may be viable, but it's essentially the tier's Mario, decent at everything, great at nothing. Glalie doesn't have the stats to seriously damage or wall a great amount of Pokemon and I think people are blowing it way out of proportion. Raticate is good in this tier, because it's Base Stats allow for it to fill the role of a Speedy [by shit tier standards] Attacker, Glalie can't really do that as well as Raticate.

Paired to Twilightblade

Blog Entries

Furret, shit tier? Maybe my friend is just bad at Pokemon, but I managed to take out two of his Pokemon with a properly trained Furret.

I disagree with your assessment, but that's because Furret is my favourite :(

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katelynn View Post
    Furret, shit tier? Maybe my friend is just bad at Pokemon, but I managed to take out two of his Pokemon with a properly trained Furret.

This tier is for competitive purposes, and one of the things that most people learn as they become better competitive battlers, is that their favorite Pokemon aren't always good by competitive standards and will most likely be dead weight, if the opponent is a serious battler. Furret falls into this category. Sure, you could build a team around Furret, but there are hundreds of better options, Furret isn't as good offensively as say, Terrakion or as good Defensively as Ferrothorn.

Paired to Twilightblade

Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Furret does have potential to steal the match's momentum with its sheer unpredictability, but it can't use that momentum well.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Wormadam seems like a good candidate.

Are Plusle and Minun banned b/c of BP?

I did an experiment like this last gen with someone, we picked out of a worst of the worst list and had a battle. It was actually pretty interesting.
    Banner courtesy of TwilightBlade

Quote Originally Posted by Katelynn View Post

Furret could actually be somewhat viable in the not-yet-created NU tier. Its relatively-high base 90 speed, access to Trick, and access to U-turn would make it a decent Choice Scarf user.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Troggy View Post
    Wormadam seems like a good candidate.

Are Plusle and Minun banned b/c of BP?

I did an experiment like this last gen with someone, we picked out of a worst of the worst list and had a battle. It was actually pretty interesting.
    Steel Wormadam might actually be a decent Poke in the Shit Tier, as a defensive/support Pokemon, as it has 95 Defense and Special Defense and the oh so desirable Steel/Bug typing, which is extremely useful in a tier filled with Normal and Bug types.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathcliff Huxtable View Post
    Furret could actually be somewhat viable in the not-yet-created NU tier. Its relatively-high base 90 speed, access to Trick, and access to U-turn would make it a decent Choice Scarf user.
    I remember being trolled by and losing to, a team with a Wailord and a TrickScarf Furret lead, while I was at around 1200 on the Smogon OU ladder, I certainly didn't expect it and it managed to cripple one of my primary walls.

Paired to Twilightblade

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123