Sandstorm Team (1st Competitive team) - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sandstorm Team (1st Competitive team)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sandstorm Team (1st Competitive team)

Quote Originally Posted by MaelstromBen View Post
    That Scarmory set does look promising, and stealth rock does fill Heatran's fourth slot. However, I think I like hidden power more for it's offensive coverage, and I need Forretress for Rapid Spin to protect Mandibuzz.

EDIT: Heatran's Hidden Power should be Ice w/ it's current EV spread, right?
    I don't like Mandibuzz in OU anyway, but the choice is up to you.

Hidden Power's type is determined by IVs, not EVs. I think that Ice with a base power of 70 is 31/30/30/31/31/31.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heathcliff Huxtable View Post
    I don't like Mandibuzz in OU anyway, but the choice is up to you.

Hidden Power's type is determined by IVs, not EVs. I think that Ice with a base power of 70 is 31/30/30/31/31/31.
    Mandibuzz is actually good in OU - I was surprised when I tried it out a few weeks ago.

31/31/31/31/31/30
    31/30/30/31/31/31
    30/30/30/31/31/31
    30/31/30/31/31/31

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Rains View Post
    Mandibuzz is actually good in OU - I was surprised when I tried it out a few weeks ago.
    Meh. Mandibuzz's main problem is that it cannot cripple most offensive Pokemon. I'd feel much safer switching a sweeper into Mandibuzz than I would switching one into Slowbro or something similar.

Blog Entries

Well, I will grant you that Mandibuzz lacks offensive power, especially when i want it to be a wall with Tailwind setup. Luckily, it's defenses allow it to take most hits, including several supereffective shots, with more or less impunity.

on the topic of Hidden power, d'oh! I should've remembered that, especially since i looked it up this morning. Anyways, what size of a chance do I stand of getting an Ice HP?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Well, I will grant you that Mandibuzz lacks offensive power, especially when i want it to be a wall with Tailwind setup. Luckily, it's defenses allow it to take most hits, including several supereffective shots, with more or less impunity.
    I remember the set I ran was a bulky Nasty Plot set, and it worked really well. It saved me from losses in battles quite a few times.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

on the topic of Hidden power, d'oh! I should've remembered that, especially since i looked it up this morning. Anyways, what size of a chance do I stand of getting an Ice HP?
    If you don't abuse the game's RNG, you can ask someone who does to clone you one. The odds of getting one with good IVs through soft-resetting the game are not very good as far as I know.

Blog Entries

UPDATE: Mandibuzz has been minorly changed. Her EV spread, nature, and items are the same, but she now has U-Turn and Roost instead of Faint Attack and Bone Rush. I hope that these changes make her a more effective staller and Tailwind set-up. IV's have also slightly changed, since i had to re-breed for roost.

EDIT: UPDATE: Metagross has been re-bred for Adamant in my SS version, so that it could learn thunder punch. It now holds an Occa Berry too, in hopes of reducing it's fire weakness, if temporarily.
    Last edited by Data-Roxas; 26th November 2011 at 02:41 AM. Reason: metagross updates

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12