So my title isn't the most creative one out there, but that's because I never set a fancy theme for this team in the first place.

If Pokemon Showdown's usage is a flexible as Pokemon Online, that would have happened, but as it stands, it wasn't that way because those in a certain tier will stick to the placement like an adhesive. I decided to do my part promoting Golurk to a higher height, and here's hoping that Golurk becomes RU in the near future.

I had been experimenting with teams in RU because I would love to see Golurk rise to RU, since I think Golurk is RU-worthy. One team is also centered around Tangrowth and Slowking's power core, while another team is Trick Room, and there are two other teams without any notable characteristic (although a Bulk Up Poliwrath sweep was a moment to behold). This team is probably the most successful of the lot, which basically centers around setting up hazards, followed by some offensive Pokemon doing damage. With this team and another team by EonX of Smogon (who used a Golurk like me, but Braviary is the star), I managed to get to 1900+ points (Here's some proof).

So, here's the team:

Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Fire Punch

Because this team is supposed to make use of Golurk, it's a given that Golurk will be here. When it comes to leading, it's always a risky proposition because I don't quite know how the opponent leads, so I don't usually lead with Golurk if I see a fair amount of Pokemon that threaten Golurk.

This is pretty much the standard set. Basically, Golurk's main role is to set up Stealth Rock, which will help in the long run due to certain threats. Once that's done, however, then it's time to smash things with the appropriate move. Usually, Earthquake is chosen if the opponent lacked a Flying-type, while Shadow Punch is for those weak to it, such as Uxie. I chose Fire Punch because it's really handy against those Steel-types, including Escavalier and Durant, where the former is slow (and vulnerable to the attack even at full health) and the latter usually don't have Crunch.

Besides that, Golurk is quite handy at dealing with some RU Pokemon despite not being there yet, such as Hitmonlee (a Pokemon I have no problems switching into) and probably Electivire. Sometimes, when I need a final blow, I will not bring Golurk into the battle until the time is right, because Golurk is usually able to survive one hit and retaliate, and the slower the foe, the better.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball

Ferroseed acts as Golurk's partner because it resists most of what Golurk is weak to, and they both provide hazards to stack, making the job easier for the offensive powerhouses. Ferroseed is the most likely to lead for this reason. Despite the lack of synergy between Thunder Wave and Gyro Ball, Ferroseed isn't used for attacking, so I don't need to mind the clash of synergy that much. Leech Seed is another important aspect of having a support Pokemon, especially because Ferroseed couldn't recover its own HP otherwise. Of course, Ferroseed provide lots of resistances, which is definitely welcomed. Defence is maxed, because that is recommended in the analysis, but I forgotten why. I guess Ferroseed's type combination is best suited for Physical tanking?

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Toxic

I needed some Ice resistors since I already have two Pokemon weak to Ice, and not wanting any more Ice-weak Pokemon, I needed a Water-type. I heard of Alomomola's gold quality of Wish-passing (at least by RU standards), which my other Pokemon appreciate very much. The investment in Defence is important, because I will need Alomomola to take strong Physical hits, including Entei and Druddigon. Sometimes, Slowking can't do much, which is important for me because I need to cast Toxic to cut Slowking's survivability. There are other applications for Toxic, so that's not necessarily the only use. Waterfall is there to provide offence, and it could work as a method for getting free turns because of the flinch effect.

Druddigon @ Choice Band
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch
- Dragon Claw

Up next is Druddigon, who is a very powerful Pokemon that could put the opponent in a pickle once it enters the field, for it has Choice Band to provide the offence it needs. Outrage and Dragon Claw are Dragon-type attacks, and we know Dragon attacks are very powerful. There's Superpower to take on Steel-types, which is always appreciated. Note that I used a Fighting attack, mainly because I don't have another other Pokemon that uses Fighting attacks, and Golurk is already a Ground attacker anyway. Of course, Sucker Punch is there, which is at its best when the opponent least expects it. Since Druddigon is great at resisting stuff, I would resort to Druddigon to take on attacks based on its resistance, and it even hurts a contact move, which is very much a plus.

Entei @ Flame Plate
Trait: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Up next is Entei, and as you can see, it's Shiny. Just to brief you, the event Entei has both Flare Blitz and ExtremeSpeed, both moves only available on this even Entei, and it's always Shiny! There is no way around this, so the opponent will expect Entei to carry these move. As predictable as that would be, Entei still does its job as a swift attacker well, simply because of ExtremeSpeed. I prefer the freedom of switching moves, for it makes it easier to catch those weak to Grass such as Quagsire, although the locked Adamant nature meant that it will be weaker, which is a pity.

Cryogonal @ Icicle Plate
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SAtk / 192 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Finally, there's Cryogonal. Since I don't have any Special attackers, I needed Cryogonal to be offensive, and that is not too bad of an idea, actually. That is because it will have an easier time with Steel-types weak to Fire. The main reason I use Cryogonal is for Rapid Spin. Since none of my members take Toxic Spikes well, I must have a way to get rid of that dreaded move, which is why Cryogonal is here. It helps that I am able to switch Cryogonal into a good number of Special attacks to do its job, and recovery is always, always welcomed, even though I might not have time to heal up.

So that's my team. Hope you enjoyed what is offered. I believe it could still be improved, so it would be great to hear some feedback from some of the pros for some advice that will make this team better.

Thanks for reading.

===================

Here are some replays to see this team in action:

RU replay: Nightmare Vampire vs. winstein - Pok
RU replay: lalalalabangbang vs. winstein - Pok
RU replay: winstein vs. Ultraviolence - Pok
RU replay: C AllStar vs. winstein - Pok

===================

Importable: