RMT: PO Gen V UU - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RMT: PO Gen V UU

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: RMT: PO Gen V UU

If you don't use Claydol, you'll lose Stealth Rock unless you decide to change another one of your Pokemon. Stealth Rock is too important to lose, IMO.

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In actuality I don't find it too important. I never see Moltres, and I've actually only seen a couple of Yanmega. Both of those Pokemon are still OHKO'd by Entei without Stealth Rock.
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Blog Entries

Sorry for double posting but this is pretty big.

Rapid Spinner ~ Hit-N-Go the Hitmontop
    Careful + Intimidate @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
    - Foresight
    - Rapid Spin
    - Close Combat / High Jump Kick
    - Sucker Punch

This is my new Hitmontop set to replace Claydol who replaced Nidoqueen. Not only is he not weak to Ghost types but he's also not weak to Dark types, a massive boost for a team super weak to Pawniard. If he can get a Foresight on the switch off, Mismagius and Spiritomb coming in to burn / set up on him are extremely open, and he should be able to outrun and KO Spiritomb with Close Combat. If Mismagius decides to attack he can Sucker Punch for a KO (hopefully) too.

This set is a Specially Defensive alternative listed at the bottom of the set Angad showed me. It tailors to being bulky on the special side instead of physically, which I need more for handling the UU Ghosts. I wasn't sure if Hi Jump Kick is better than Close Combat though. If it hits, it does slightly more power without the stat drop. If it misses, I may be screwed. Which one should I pick?
    Last edited by GengarEatBanana; 13th July 2011 at 08:13 PM.
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Why are you running Technician instead of Intimidate? Technician on Hitmontop is pretty useless if you aren't running any priority moves that actually receive a boost.

Edit: Definitely go with Close Combat > Hi Jump Kick. Your Hitmontop is a support Pokemon, not a sweeper.
    Last edited by g3rgni; 13th July 2011 at 01:19 PM.

Blog Entries

You should know that Foresight isn't anything but spinning, it's too unreliable for that.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

Heathcliff: That was just an accident on my part, he actually does have Intimidate.

Angad: It's still nice to take out a Spiritomb if I can. Frankly I haven't really seen any of them though...

Also, a few Pokemon have been royally screwing this team over and of which I can't effectively counter. Sap Sipper Miltank is the highest on that list. It can simply switch into Shaymin's Grass attacks and get a free Attack boost before damaging anything I send in. Ambipom isn't powerful enough, and I don't think Brick Break has ever done more than 30% to it. Hitmontop's better as he's slower, meaning he can get a Close Combat off second. It never KO's though, and the Miltank just Milk Drinks the next turn and this is repeated multiple times, either until he attacks and kills me, or until Close Combat crits. If he does attack me I can revenge kill him with Entei, but I usually want to save him until the end of the match.

Any way I can effectively counter ^this and other Grass types better?
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12