RMT

Thread: RMT

Blog Entries

Default RMT

While I do not play on any type of tiers, I do enjoy creating teams. I wanted to test a team that I have been attempting to create for a while.
    -------------------------
    Well, my friends have created a tournament-like league. More of a "we told some friends, who told some friends..." type of thing. Finally, they finally got nearly 34 people in on the idea.

So, I need someone to Rate My Team and help me patch up some holes in them.

Salamence @ Yache Berry
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 SpAtk/4 Spd
    Nature: Naive
    - Outrage
    - Hydro Pump
    - Heat Wave
    - Earthquake

Salamence is one of my cores on this team. Really, I chose her due to the fact that she's my favorite Pokemon (not really a believer in that "favorite Pokemon can't win" competitive theory). However, Salamence, as you can see, is a Mixed Attacker set; with full EVs in Attack and Special Attack, and a 4 in Speed + Naive nature. Salamence is a solid attacker, capable of pretty much destroying a lot of weakened teams. I wanted to also use her as a wallbreaker, due to the fact that many things can wall her horridly. Stealth Rocks and nearly all Ice-type attacks (STAB or otherwise) will deal some horrid damage on her. However, once all main walls are taken out; Salamence can sweep uninterrupted.

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
    Nature: Adamant
    - Stone Edge
    - Bulk Up
    - Payback
    - Drain Punch

Conkeldurr is more of a bulky Physical Sweeper. I try to utilize the best of his stats, maxing out out his Attack and HP while benefiting his Attack stat. So far, I think it's a slightly okay set. Really, the thing I fear the most is the common Gliscor (which I've seen inside of our circle of battlers), who can Acrobatics it to death after a Flying Gem boosted STAB power, made even worse with Swords Dance. In that vein, I have gifted Conkeldurr with a necessary Stone Edge to get rid of any undesirable Flying-types. A standard set, but capable of sweeping.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
    Ability: Infiltrator
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/160 SpAtk/92 SpDef
    Nature: Bold
    - Calm Mind
    - Dark Pulse
    - Shadow Ball
    - Icy Wind

This is a Special Attacker + Physical Defensive Spiritomb set I customized. Using it due its reliable coverage of Conkeldurr's pesky Psychic-type weakness when Payback just can't do it, Spiritomb's also helped by her lack of weakeness. I have the Infiltrator ability so that I can bypass any dual-screeners I may face; allowing me to hit with my Calm Mind boosts. I'm fairly certain Spiritomb can cover her tracks with Icy Wind as well, allowing her to hit with CM Boosted (or not) attacks that can lower Speed. Hopefully, after one or two Icy Winds, she will be capable of outspeeding. However, the main reason for that is to slow down opponents so that she can switch to another Pokemon that outspeeds.

Starmie @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Analytic
    EVs: 252 SpAtk/4 Def/252 Spd
    Nature: Modest
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Hydro Pump
    - Hidden Power {Fighting}

Starmie is my choice user of my set. Frankly, I chose Analytic over Natural Cure as a precautionary measure against those with access to Sucker Punch/any Priority move or Scarfed Pokemon. Even without the Analytic, the Specs boost would still do extremely high levels of damage. I want to use this as my coverage Pokemon, as I won't have much trouble finding use for Starmie on a team built for bulky sweepers. Covers the Ghost, Ground, Water, Grass, Fighting and Dark-types among many with high Speed plus supplementary damage dealing properties along with it.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 232 SpAtk/24 SpDef/252 Spd
    Nature: Timid
    - Thunderbolt
    - Roost
    - Heat Wave
    - Roar

This more of a mix between a defensive Special Attacking Pokemon, again. Frankly, I like this set; as it leaves me with many different types of advantageous moves, such as getting in a quick Roar to phase out enemies. More so Prankster Substitute users, as I have troubles with them.

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpDef/252 Spd
    Nature: Jolly
    - Stone Edge
    - Sacred Sword
    - Protect
    - Earthquake

Terrakion is really a Pokemon that would be relevant to my team. I chose the Sacred Sword over the CC, as I don't want to risk the Defense and Special Defense drop. With Sacred Sword, I can hit the opponent through their attempts to boost their stats with STAB power. Stone Edge is an obvious STAB need, with Earthquake able to be an area-covering Steel-type bane. Protect is a move I'll use to scout the opponent's moves.

Frankly, I think I've accounted for not only many types of Pokes; but I've also kept m wits about trying to infiltrate defensive boosts. This team has been extensively successful for me in the past, able to have the coverage to defeat many common types. As you can see, it's more of an all-out offensive team.

Any thoughts? Think I can add any moves to my Pokemon? I'm not planning to change any Pokemon in the lineup, but I'm open to any improvements in their spreads/movesets.

Edits
    (6/18/12): Found out Conkeldurr can't have Ice Punch. Changing to Stone Edge.
    Last edited by Yun; 18th June 2012 at 11:27 AM.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: RMT

Ice punch Conkeldurr? I would have had to change my pants if it was true.

Is this a doubles team, I have to ask before proceeding further?
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

Conkledur in know way can learn Ice punch?

I would also like to point out that you gave your Starmie Analytic. Starmie has base 115 and you trained 252 EV's into speed. Even with a Modest Nature I still do not see what is usually moving slower than you starmie making use of Analytic. Analytic does give you a 30% boost but you have to move after a Pokemon. Like A Magnezone with no Speed IV's and a Speed Decreasing nature. He makes good use of Analytic

Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

I'm fairly certain Conkeldurr can't learn Ice Punch.

At least, not yet.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries

I received it from my friend. I was surprised, too. I'll research that though.

EDIT: He told me he cheated it. Great, now I need to change it. Sorry, again =_=
    -------------------

@Lord Clowncrete;

You guessed well. I built this for the purpose of defeating the Doubles portion of our tournament (we're such nerds that we put in money for the winner).

@Professor Jacel;

I know. I've had many instances where my Starmie has been outsped by a Choice Scarf'd opponent. Therefore, I gave it Analytic to cover any tracks. This is also for those who utilize Sucker Punch, as I can hit harder with my attacks. This is mostly to counter a lot of swift physical/special sweepers (like Terrakion for example), who outspeeds me with Choice Scarf and Max Speed IVs, beneficial Nature or otherwise. Also, take into account that there are those with Rock Polish/Agility/Autotomize. Or Speed Boost Blaziken, even. I need to be capable of attacking with the fullest amount of damage I possibly can.

@SharKing;

Yeah, my bad. I checked in with my friend who traded me Timburr. Frankly, I'd never used a Conkeldurr... ever. So that was poor judgment on my part. Sorry ^^;
    Last edited by Yun; 18th June 2012 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun View Post
    I received it from my friend. I was surprised, too. I'll research that though.

EDIT: He told me he cheated it. Great, now I need to change it. Sorry, again =_=
    -------------------

@Lord Clowncrete;

You guessed well. I built this for the purpose of defeating the Doubles portion of our tournament (we're such nerds that we put in money for the winner).

@Professor Jacel;

I know. I've had many instances where my Starmie has been outsped by a Choice Scarf'd opponent. Therefore, I gave it Analytic to cover any tracks. This is also for those who utilize Sucker Punch, as I can hit harder with my attacks. This is mostly to counter a lot of swift physical/special sweepers (like Terrakion for example), who outspeeds me with Choice Scarf and Max Speed IVs, beneficial Nature or otherwise. Also, take into account that there are those with Rock Polish/Agility/Autotomize. Or Speed Boost Blaziken, even. I need to be capable of attacking with the fullest amount of damage I possibly can.

@SharKing;

Yeah, my bad. I checked in with my friend who traded me Timburr. Frankly, I'd never used a Conkeldurr... ever. So that was poor judgment on my part. Sorry ^^;
    I see that would be a fairly good tactic.

You should give Starmie rapid spin ^^

☭ The Great Uniter ☭ Mißingnåen's Avatar
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I'd still say Analytic is a poor choice for Starmie. If you really want to do that, cut out the speed IV's and give her some defensive investment. Starmie has base 85 defense and base 60 HP, it's probably not going to survive a super effective sucker punch from anything with a reasonable attack, and it's definitely not going to survive a hit from a choice banded Terrakion, unless he overpredicts and uses CC or something.

You also run the risk of being toxic stalled or crippled by paralysis or sleep. Natural cure is such a huge advantage for a pokemon to have, it makes no sense not to use it.
    Fyrirgefðu

For Analytic Starmie, I'd honestly opt for Focus sash rather than Choice specs. If you are worried about Sucker punch, I highly doubt Starmie would be able to survive one. Most notable sucker punch users are: Gengar, Toxicroak, Bisharp, Absol, and Honchkrow. I normally prefer Natural Cure because of twave and toxic spike users. If you really want choice specs, I'd really suggest natural cure.

My personal nitpick is just your Salamence... It's just... odd. I've never seen this set before, so I really can't be one to judge. I feel like special sweepers have the capacity to utterly destroy this team, like Espeon, Gengar, or specs Jolteon. I would recommend having Spiritomb with Will-o-Wisp instead of either Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse (more leaning towards shadow ball since Steel, absolutely walls Spiritomb with that set. Also I suggest making her more specially defensive too rather then physical. You don't have to worry too much about Pokemon resisting will-o-wisp since you don't see too many physical fire Pokemon.

That's just my take on this! Good luck!

☭ The Great Uniter ☭ Mißingnåen's Avatar
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Yeah, that Salamence is kind of funny. 252 in Attack and Special Attack but Naive nature? Naive nature is kind of weird since you have no other speed investment. If you're going to do that, I'd say maybe consider a choice scarf so you can actually outspeed things, or switch to Dragonite for multiscale in order to guarantee that you will live a hit. A Salamence with no speed investment and no bulk investment seems a little reckless to me.
    Fyrirgefðu

I am agreeing with @Siris and @TheMissingno. on this one. Your Salamence is a bit odd. I have seen partial Special Attacking ones but they do not devote all 252 EV's to nothing but Special Attack. My Salamence has his speed investment but He is Physical not both? Also the Yache Berry you gave him is quite Pointless in my book. Yes it may Protect you from an Ice Shard because of its 40 Base Power but it it probably would not protect you from something Like an Ice Punch or Blizzard depending on what Pokemon is using them of course. You are just wasting an item it see's and without your speed Investment any other dragon you would Encounter will out speed you and defeat your Salamence.

Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Looks liek Ice Punch Conkeldurr is possible, after all. Thanks a lot, BW2. XD
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums