Rate my Volt-Turn Team!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Codface

Thread: Rate my Volt-Turn Team!

Blog Entries

Default Rate my Volt-Turn Team!

So I decided to make a Volt-Turn team and did outstanding on the OU Ladder on Showdown (1700+).
    I'm pretty sure it still can be upgraded and refined tho~!
    Anyways, here's the team!

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    Nature: Impish
    EV's: 252 Hp / 4 Attk / 252 Def
    ~Earthquake
    ~Stealth Rock
    ~U-Turn
    ~Knock-Off

The Wall of the Team. Many options you can do if you Wall the opposing Pokemon. You always have to think which is the most optimal play whether knocking off the opposing item, setting up rocks, or gain back the momentum by U-Turning. I'm really opposed to to having Landorus being an offensive set due to it's ability, its base 145 Attk, and not having a reliable wall for those physical hits, but of course if your opposed to this, i'm always open to suggestions. And E-Q for coverage and STAB.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Infiltrator
    Nature: Jolly
    EV's: 252 Hp / 4 Attk / 252 Spe
    ~Brave Bird
    ~Defog
    ~U-Turn
    ~Taunt

To Roost, or not to Roost? I think Black Sludge is enough for recovery, especially w/ a 252 Hp and Quad resistances on a fighting and grass moves.
    I know its quite contradictory for having Defog and Stealth Rocks on the same Team but its the only option to have. Crobat does amazing on stall-like pokemon and can out speed slow pokemon w/ Choice Scarf. A decent check to Conkeldurr and Mega-Venusaur. Any alternatives?

Geninja @ Life Orb
    Ability: Protean
    Nature: Naive
    EV's: 4 Attk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    IV's: Perfect 6
    ~U-Turn
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Scald
    ~Extrasensory

Scald, Surf, or Hydro Pump? I prefer scald due to the burn chance but which is better?
    As for Extrasensory, I think this is a must. Extrasensory check those bulky poison types and w/o it, you literally get walled my Mega-Venusaur.
    Opinions are well taken~

Manectric @ Manectricite
    Ability: Lightingrod (ME: Intimidate)
    Nature: Timid
    EV's: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    IV's: 0 Attk / 30 Def
    ~Volt-Switch
    ~Discharge
    ~HP Ice
    ~Flamethrower

Pretty much a standard set x-cept that I switched out T-Bolt for Discharge. 30% Paralysis Chance or 10 BP.
    I think discharge is a better option because Manectric doesn't have any damage amplification moves / items. But once again, open to suggestions~
    0 IV's for Foul Play and 30 Defense for Hp Ice

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
    Ability: Levitate
    Natue: Calm
    EV's: 252 Hp / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
    IV's: 0 Attk / 30 Spe
    ~Volt-Switch
    ~Will-O-Miss!
    ~Hydro Pump
    ~Rest

The Special Wall of the Team. Switch Out to Landorus or Rotom if something goes wrong, and proceed to Volt-Turn.
    Why the Specific IV's? I run 0 Attk because Foul Play is a thing in the OU Metagame and 30 Speed to gain momentum against another Rotom. If you both Volt-Switch after burning each other, (yes that happens) then you come out ahead.
    I honestly think this is the Weakest Link out of the Team. Any suggestions on alternatives or a different set?

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Adamant
    EV's: 252 Hp / 252 Attk / 4 Def
    ~Bullet Punch
    ~Pursuit
    ~Superpower
    ~U-Turn

Pretty much a standard CB set on Scizor. Is Life Orb better? Do I choose to continue to follow Item Cluase? Do I invest in Speed on Him? Scroll Down and stay Tuned!

Public Enemy(s)
    Last edited by JustTheFx; 18th April 2014 at 08:54 PM.
    IGN:Jeffay FC:2466 2920 6005

Blog Entries

Default Re: Rate my Volt-Turn Team!

I don't get how Bisharp is a problem for your team. If you have the right Pokemon out against it you'll be fine.

Now to counter M-Charizard X I'd say a Hydreigon may be able to help. I'm sure that Specs Draco Meteor would easily OHKO it. Otherwise Landorus-T's EQ would destroy it.
    Personal Youtube: TerraTF

Follow my Pokemon Y Nuzlocke here

Shinies are just a palette swap. If its not bred well, don't use it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TerraTF View Post
    I don't get how Bisharp is a problem for your team. If you have the right Pokemon out against it you'll be fine.

Now to counter M-Charizard X I'd say a Hydreigon may be able to help. I'm sure that Specs Draco Meteor would easily OHKO it. Otherwise Landorus-T's EQ would destroy it.
    Manectric and Landorus have Intimidate and so if I switched to my physical wall or try to hit it w/ a Fire Move, he gets a +1.... and I get wrekt~!
    As for Scizor, sure super power OHKO's no matter what but usually I get locked up w/ the Choice Band and he starts setting up.
    If he tries to avenge a fallen mate w/ Bisharp, he usally gets a +2 due to my team getting walled by it and him having priority w/ sucker punch means I again, get wrekt!

Hydreigon huh? Sounds interesting~ I gatta test it 1st tho~

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mandibuzz over Crobat should solve your Bisharp problem and I think she can handle MCharX as well, at least before it starts DDancing.

Blog Entries

The problem with your team is that it has too much "checking". You have nothing to break down a team other than attrition.

What I am saying is that you need a sweeper, something that can properly take advantage when Rotom-W swops out and they make an error by leaving in a burnt Dragonite or something else that offers little threat. That way you can rack up a few easy kills rather than relying on winning a 20-30 turn battle. This is why you are losing to good teams with those sweepers in them, your both playing chess but you don't have a queen.
    DragonEspeon likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Codface View Post
    The problem with your team is that it has too much "checking". You have nothing to break down a team other than attrition.

What I am saying is that you need a sweeper, something that can properly take advantage when Rotom-W swops out and they make an error by leaving in a burnt Dragonite or something else that offers little threat. That way you can rack up a few easy kills rather than relying on winning a 20-30 turn battle. This is why you are losing to good teams with those sweepers in them, your both playing chess but you don't have a queen.
    Ummm....what o.O? The point of a Volt-Turn is to continually check the opposing Pokemon. As you can see, I don't run any Sword Dance's, Bulk Up's, and / or Nasty Plots because of the theme "Volt-Turn." And my Sweepers are Greninja, Scizor, and Manectric. They surely can OHKO' many threats w/o any boosts and I don't think D-Knight will be a problem.
    And WTF, how do you know If I loose or not if they are setting up. Its just Bisharp w/ it's Defiant Ability and Defensive Zard X that destroys my team.
    2 Intimidates, 1 Taunt, and 3 Speed Demons means that they are not going to get any boosts, or get killed trying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustTheFx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Codface View Post

Ummm....what o.O? The point of a Volt-Turn is to continually check the opposing Pokemon. As you can see, I don't run any Sword Dance's, Bulk Up's, and / or Nasty Plots because of the theme "Volt-Turn." And my Sweepers are Greninja, Scizor, and Manectric. They surely can OHKO' many threats w/o any boosts and I don't think D-Knight will be a problem.
    And WTF, how do you know If I loose or not if they are setting up. Its just Bisharp w/ it's Defiant Ability and Defensive Zard X that destroys my team.
    2 Intimidates, 1 Taunt, and 3 Speed Demons means that they are not going to get any boosts, or get killed trying.
    I think what he's saying is that you need a big time Regenerator. Something like Tornadus-T or Meinshao. Both fit in perfectly on a VolTurn team and both wreck shit. I can speak for Meinshao personally. Always wrecks both M-Charizard's
    Personal Youtube: TerraTF

Follow my Pokemon Y Nuzlocke here

Shinies are just a palette swap. If its not bred well, don't use it.

Blog Entries

All I am saying is why not run say sword dance/bulk up talonflame or such. You got loads of covers for its type weaknesses and then if an opponent stupidly leaves in something on a switch you get chance to try for a few big ko hits while they struggle to remove it. You can even teach it u-turn :p