Rate My Team Please - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rate My Team Please

Link animated Avatar FTW! Shuckle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Rate My Team Please

Quote Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
    You'll need certain berries to remove EVs.

If you don't mind losing offence on Shuckle, you can try using Contrary instead. If you have Black2/White2, level up Shuckle there and get Shell Smash. Every Shell Smash will lower your offensive stats and raise your defensive stats. It's a gimmick set I suppose, but it seems to be good.
    Ahh I see. But my Shuckle is already Lv. 100 and the base stats won't raise up anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBlaziken View Post
    With power trick shuckle can kill but his def is nothing.

I think shuckle goes better with sturdy. Even with insane defence, a fighting gem close combat can 1hko it. actually if you encounter a himontop you're prety much screwed. superefective on 3/6 pokemon. add electric into the mix and all that's left is dusclops.

As useful as walling is, a ferrothornintheside is capable of killing you, with nothing able to stop leech seed except tentacruel who is vulnrable to power whip. Blissy may hit for some damage with sisemic toss (her useless sp.atk proves flamethrower hopeless against the spiked irritant's defences) but her high HP is her own downfall because it allows the pesky parisite to heal more than with leech seed. Also, thanks to typing the hatful metal spikeball is immune to toxic spikes ad toxic and thanks to his evil movest an ingrain makes whirlwind useless as well.

referring back to the term "defence is the best offence", this only applies when your opponent is offencive. What you need on this team is a sweeper. I've seen a recent increase of infernape. That or blaziken should clear up your offencive problems just a good kamikazee to offset the crazy defencive bulk of your team.

eg....
    Blaziken "kamikazee" holding life orb
    A:Blaze
    N:Jolly
    Moves:
    Flare blitz
    Brave bird
    Hi jump kick
    earthquake

^This thing will kill anything in it's path, choice scarf may replace the life orb if you're concerned about being outsped. Although he can do massive damage he will kill himself in the process. That is where the rest of your team comes in to wall the remaining life out of your opponent.
    Dang. That Blaziken is beast!
    Is there any Pokemon I can use in my team to avoid these kinds of situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Eifi View Post
    My tips:
    - T-tar doesn't need Crunch AND Pursuit. I'd consider replacing Crunch with EQ.
    - I'd consider replacing Blissey's Flamethrower with Toxic.
    - As others have said, Taunt will destroy Shuckle.
    Replacing Crunch with Earthquake okay. But how about Pursuit? What move do I replace that?
    I actually find Flamethrower useful sometimes. Can you explain this to why I should replace Flamethrower with Toxic?
    And I replaced Toxic with Gyro Ball for my Shuckle. Is that good?
    3DS Friend Code 1607 - 2458 - 9938

IGN: Jason

Shiny Value: 543

Friend Safari: Fire
    Growlithe, Slugma, and Ninetales.

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
    Replacing Crunch with Earthquake okay. But how about Pursuit? What move do I replace that?
    I actually find Flamethrower useful sometimes. Can you explain this to why I should replace Flamethrower with Toxic?
    And I replaced Toxic with Gyro Ball for my Shuckle. Is that good?
    No, I mean replace one or the other. Pursuit is fine.
    I guess either works, Toxic is just useful on Blissey for stalling.
    And yes, that's good for Shuckle c:

Oh, I see then.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2752 | 2583 | 3814

Its dangerous to go alone King Eriandor's Avatar

You still need something to stop leech seeding ferrothorn,
    If you want something more bulky like the rest of your team maybe heatran or Hariyama (higest hp of all fightig types)

[QUOTE=Shuckle;4150768]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
    Dang. That Blaziken is beast!
    Is there any Pokemon I can use in my team to avoid these kinds of situation?
    Most speed sweepers can be stopped (or at least "slowed down") with a trick room. Also, most of your pokemon will benifit from a trick room as well.
    Last edited by King Eriandor; 5th July 2012 at 10:28 AM.

Don't bother messing around with Shuckle's EVs, just give it Wrap. It's going to be doing nothing very little with Rollout unless you have a set dedicated to it. (With Defense Curl/Power Split. It gets Defense Curl in Emerald.)Wrap gives you something to do against Taunt users, (Otherwise you'll be struggling.) adds to the residual damage you do each turn and stops them from switching out once you've got Toxic up. My own personal set is Wrap/Rest/Toxic/Power Split with Leftovers and I found it works fairly well.
    I stream Pokémon episodes and movies at least once a week, follow @PKMNProfessor on Twitter to receive updates on when I'm streaming! (I also tweet any interesting Pokemon based news stories, facts and what I'm currently doing in-game.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12