Rate My Team

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By -Glory Blaze-
  • 1 Post By Master Mew
  • 2 Post By Lucki

Thread: Rate My Team

Default Rate My Team

This is my first RMT Deal I'm sorry if it's not as detail as I wanted to be, especially Hydreigon because I'm all out of time and I have to get ready for work but I hope that's alright. I'm pretty new to this so if I miss anything out let me know. I don't mind if you criticize, I can take it.

Hawlucha:
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Limber
    Nature: Jolly
    Max IVs: HP, ATK, Def, Sp.Def, Spd
    Max EVs: Atk, Spd
    Movesets: Flying Press, Aerial Ace, Swords Dance, Baton Pass

Hawlucha can outspeed almost everything besides greninja. I chose Limber over Unburden since it's a very popular set for hawlucha, I want to fool my opponents thinking I have unburden so I can have a free Swords Dance. This is more of a supportive hawlucha more than a sweeper, but he is still fast and powerful on his own right. I also put in a Focus Sash becuase hawlucha can barely if not survived a super effective move against him, also It gives me an opportunity to use swords dance.

Lanturn:
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    Nature: Calm
    Max IVs: HP, Def, Sp.Atk, Sp.Def, Spd
    Max Evs: HP: Sp.Def
    Movesets: Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Surf, Single Beam

Lantern is my favorite pokemon with his unique typing and a nice Ability Volt Absorb. Even with his low Def stat, I believe he can survive hits on a talonflame. Tunder wave is a nice move where I can paralyze a fast pokemon like a greninja and take it out easily. I also have a bug type move that I could use it at a umbreon or a Cresselia with a nice bonus of a chance to confuse it as well while it's being paralyzed. It's also a good switch coverage.

Darmanitan:
    Items: Life Orb
    Ablity: Sheer Force
    Nature: Jolly
    Max Ivs: Hp, Atk, Def, Sp.Def
    Max Evs: Atk, Spd
    Movesets: Fireblitz, Superpower, Uturn, Earthquake

Darmanitan if I would think is my physical sweeper. A bit frail but has good HP and his speed is pretty good. Can nearly one hit KO any pokemon based on my experience on few wifi battles.

Froslass:
    Items: Wide Lens
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    Nature: Timid
    Max Ivs: HP, Def, Sp.Atk, Sp,Def, Spd
    Max Evs: Sp.atk, Spd
    Movesets: Blizzard, Taunt, Destiny Bond, Spike

Froslass usually is my lead pokmeon. I use spike if I think I can live a turn, Taunt if i know my opponent is using a non attacking move, destiny bond for sacrifice, and blizzard for a stab move. Frosslass is very fast, thats on par with hawlucha, Surprisingly She can take a lot of 2 hit kill hits pretty well that catches me off guard because I froslass is pretty frail but that's just my battle experience.

Gothitelle:
    Items: Light Clay
    Ability: Shadow Tag
    Nature: Bold
    Max IVs: Hp, Atk, Def, Sp.Def, Sp.Atk,
    Max EVs: Sp Atk, Sp. Def
    Moveset: Psyshock, Grass Knot, Reflect, Thunder bolt

Gothitelle is pretty good if I used her right. She pretty bulky Sp.Def Wise. Her real role is to support my team of setting off the reflect. I'm not making full use of the shadow tag ability so I need help with that.

Hydreigon:
    Item: Expert Belt
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Rash
    Max Ivs: Hp, Atk, Sp. Atk, Sp.Def, Spd
    Max Evs: Atk, Spd
    Movesets: Outrage, Focus Blast, Dark Pulse, Earthquake.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Rate My Team

Unless you're really concerned about paralysis on Hawlucha, I'd suggest to keep Unburden as you'll be getting the speed boost when Focus Sash is used on the turn you'd set up with Swords Dance. You can replace Aerial Ace with Acrobatics to get extra power once Focus Sash is used up and I might consider Brick Break over Flying Press for the Fighting move, as it is 100% accurate and can let you break through dual screens.

I'd suggest Scald over Surf on Lanturn, since you're not really using Lanturn as a heavy hitter the slight drop in power is worth the extra chance for burn. The Wide Lens on Froslass isn't being used to its best potential, usually it's a good user of Spikes+Destiny Bond but Focus Sash is already on another Pokemon. I think she's pretty frail but if she is surviving more than 1 hit you can try Red Card to force switches and I'd recommend Shadow Ball for the attacking move to punch through Steel types and for coverage.

Best to bring in Gothitelle on something that it can bully, otherwise the opponent will be perfectly content not switching out. You can try adding in Calm Mind to the set to help you set up while shrugging off the opponent but Gothitelle still lacks recovery so you wouldn't want to be doing it too long. Rest can help you recover health if you're safe from a 3HKO while you keep setting up. You can try a Sitrus Berry for recovery or be unique with Rocky Helmet to deter them from physical attacks. If you stick with Calm Mind focus on building her more defensively to help her survive since you'll be boosting with Calm Mind anyway. Reflect/Calm Mind/Rest/(attack) leaves you with limited offensive options so it might be better to try Calm Mind/Rest/2 attacking moves.

I'd recommend Fire Blast/Flamethrower over Focus Blast on Hydreigon to help against Steel types that would otherwise wall you.

Blog Entries

Visit BadAssKoala's Youtube Channel

First off I'd recommend you redo this thread so the pokemon look like this;

Pokemon@item
    Ability
    Nature
    EVs

Move
    Move
    Move
    Move

It's easier to rate a team that way. Also take time to do an RMT right and try not to rush it. As for your actual team I'll start with hawlucha A) Hawlucha isn't a good support pokemon B) I'd recommend a sweeping unburden set (it's really his only good set) C) there's better OU fighting sweepers. Lanturn should have Thunderbolt/toxic/scald/volt switch. It's a better support set and gives him an option to retreat.
    Darmanitan is pretty standard nothing glaring there, but I'd recommend a choice band over life orb. It gives him more power without the HP loss. Froslass should have cursed body over snow cloak and be carrying a focus sash and ice beam. If it doesn't have a focus sash it's pretty much useless. This is a hit and run anti lead pokemon and should be used like it. As for your hydreigon it should have a timid/modest nature and look like this;

Hydriegon@Expert Belt
    Modest/Timid
    Levitate
    252 SpA/252 Spe

Dragon Pulse
    Fire Blast/flamethrower
    Focus Blast
    Flash Cannon

It gives him more coverage, and Special Hydriegon is much better. As for Gothitelle I'd recommend replacing her or lanturn with a defensive wall as your team is lacking a defensive wall/cleric.
    Last edited by BadAssKoala; 14th April 2014 at 04:39 PM.

Join the Bulbagarden Battle League!
    ~Ground Elite 4~

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hawlucha @ Power Herb/Liechi Berry
    Unburden
    Adamant
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
    ~High Jump Kick
    ~Acrobatics
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Sky Attack/Substitute

Hawlucha is far too frail for the role you proposed, but it does work as an Unburden sweeper. If you want to catch people off guard, try using Sub/Liechi instead of PH/Sky Attack, as it is the less common set.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
    Volt Absorb
    Calm
    252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp Def
    ~Volt Switch
    ~Scald
    ~Heal Bell
    ~Thunder Wave/Toxic

Lanturn cannot pull off the bulky offense set you propose, as it is completely outclassed by Rotom-W. Try this pivot-cleric dual role set, as it plays to Lanturn's uniqu strengths.

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
    Sheer Force
    Jolly
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
    ~Flare Blitz
    ~Superpower
    ~Rock Slide
    ~U-Turn

Life Orb Darmanitan is great - I've used one! But when I do, it's always with Sticky Web support, as 95 speed - while it may look good on paper - is in actuality very mediocre, and Darmanitan is too frail to take hits if it fails to outspeed opponents, Also, Rock Slide is boosted by Sheer Force and hits things like Mandibuzz, while Earthquake's coverage is mostly redundant - Steels are hit by Flare Blitz, Rocks are hit by Superpower, and opposing Fires will be hit by Rock slide, the new guy. Plus Rock slide lets you nab Talonflame (on the switch - you can't live a Brave Bird!) and MCharY, which EQ misses all together.

Froslass @ F0cus Sash
    Cursed Body
    Timid
    4 HP/252 Sp Atk/252 Speed
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Taunt
    ~Destiny Bond
    ~Spikes

Your Froslass set is pretty much good, but it needs some minor changes. Focus Sash is necessary so you can set up at least 1 layer of Spikes before going down, and Ice Beam is much better than risking the miss (Wide Lens only brings Blizzard up to 77%, aka lower than the infamous "Stone Miss"! Also I recommended you swap to Sash, which would put Blizzard all the way down in "Focus Miss" territory!)

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
    Shadow Tag
    Bold
    252 HP/4 Sp Def/252 Def
    ~Trick
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Psyshock
    ~Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt

You're right in that you're not using Gothitelle to its full potential. This set utterly cripples stall, as they lock themselves into a move as you are free to set up on them, and you often steal Leftovers with Trick, giving yourself recovery!

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
    Levitate
    Rash
    4 Atk/252 Sp Atk/252 Spe
    ~Draco Meteor
    ~Dark Pulse
    ~Superpower
    ~U-Turn

This is the only mixed Hydreigon set that should be run. Focus on his higher attacking stat. Dark Pulse = spammable STAB, Draco Meteor = nuke, Superpower = kill pink blobs, U-Turn = get the heck out of Dodge after using one of your two stat dropping moves.

This is how I would make your team look if I weren't to change any of the Pokémon. Hope you find it useful. :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -Glory Blaze- View Post
    Lanturn cannot pull off the bulky offense set you propose, as it is completely outclassed by Rotom-W. Try this pivot-cleric dual role set, as it plays to Lanturn's uniqu strengths.
    Not trying to be nit-picky, but: Are you saying that Lanturn cannot pull off bulky offense, or that Lanturn should not run bulky offense because Rotom-W does it better?

I guess what I'm saying is if Lanturn can run bulky offense, just not quite as well as Rotom-W, would it really be such a bad bulky offense 'mon if A.) he wants bulky offense on his team and B.) he doesn't want Rotom-W on his team? (On the other hand if Lanturn is completely incapable of playing bulky offense even in a world without Rotom-W then yeah, forget it)

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by -Glory Blaze- View Post
    Not trying to be nit-picky, but: Are you saying that Lanturn cannot pull off bulky offense, or that Lanturn should not run bulky offense because Rotom-W does it better?

I guess what I'm saying is if Lanturn can run bulky offense, just not quite as well as Rotom-W, would it really be such a bad bulky offense 'mon if A.) he wants bulky offense on his team and B.) he doesn't want Rotom-W on his team? (On the other hand if Lanturn is completely incapable of playing bulky offense even in a world without Rotom-W then yeah, forget it)
    You can use him for bulky offense if you want to do it badly. Rotom-W is just the most prominent of the many, many bulky waters that outclass him at that role, and one of those who shares a pivot move with Lanturn. Even if Rotom-W weren't to exist, Lanturn would still be outclassed by other bulky Water and Electric types, like MAmpharos, Manaphy, Eelektross, Clawitzer... Heck, even Pelipper gets Defog. Lanturn is a bulky water that is immune to electric, has a pivot move, and has Heal Bell. If you aren't capitalizing on all three of those, may as well use Vaporeon or Ampharos as a water- or electric-type cleric ore one of the above (or many others) as a bulky pivot of the water- or electric-types.

Blog Entries

Thanks for explaining.

Sometimes when I hear someone advise against using a pokemon because it's "outclassed" it's only barely outclassed and still objectively good at what it does, just wondered if this was one of those times.
    -Glory Blaze- likes this.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

[QUOTE=BadAssKoala;5200170]First off I'd recommend you redo this thread so the pokemon look like this;

Pokemon@item
    Ability
    Nature
    EVs

Move
    Move
    Move
    Move

It's easier to rate a team that way. Also take time to do an RMT right and try not to rush it.

You do have a point. Details always helps. I'll make sure I'll do a RMT Thread in a better time. I'll use this as a Reference. Thanks!

And thank you all for helping for correcting my mistakes. I can't follow everyone's advice and recommendation. But I can try to fix the best I can. And once I'm done with fixing I'll re-post my RMT Thread again for another serveral weeks. Thank you and Good-Night!
    Last edited by Lucki; 15th April 2014 at 01:30 AM.
    Master Mew and sharkshocker like this.