Rate my Team

Thread: Rate my Team

Default Rate my Team

This is my current team for battling. It is almost all defense, except for 2 pokemon.

Blissey@Chesto Berry
    Return
    Rest
    Seismic Toss
    Defense Curl

Shuckle@Rocky Helmet
    Toxic
    Withdraw
    Bug Bite
    Wrap

Skarmory@Quick Claw
    Spikes
    Stealth Rock
    Air Cutter
    Roost

Seaking(Hidden Ability)@Rindo Berry
    Psybeam
    Icy Wind
    Waterfall
    Aqua Ring

Lapras(Hidden Ability)@Zoom Lens
    Rain Dance
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Shard
    Perish Song

Meganium@Leftovers
    Toxic
    Protect
    Synthesis
    Sunny Day
    Last edited by theboogster2; 22nd March 2013 at 08:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    Add glitchgirl on Facebook

Default Re: Rate my Team

Ur team is epic

You might want to list EV's and natures. Also, if this is for competitive battling on Smogon's standards, you have a few Pokemon that break the clauses.
    Evasion Clause bans evasion raising/decreasing moves and abilities (Minimize) and OHKO Clause bans all OHKO moves (Sheer Cold).

Really?! no OHKO?

EDIT: Better?
    Last edited by Angad; 24th March 2013 at 07:56 AM.

Well honestly, I fail to understand why anyone would want to run OHKO moves... I mean really, 30% hit rate?

Blissey@Chesto Berry
    Return
    Rest
    Seismic Toss
    Defense Curl
    Nobody in their right mind would argue that Blissey isn't an amazing special wall, but using her as a physical wall just doesn't make sense. If your opponent has a solid physical attacker out, the best choice is usually a switch. For this reason, I suggest cutting Defense Curl. Besides, you've got the SkarBliss combo. I'd also suggest replacing Return because of Blissey's non-existent attack stat. Perhaps try Toxic and Fire Blast? And then I'd suggest replacing the Chesto Berry. If you do go the Fire Blast route, a Fire Gem can help you get a surprise KO in on pokemon like Ferrothorn. Besides, I'm assuming Blissey has Natural Cure, so you could always switch her out after a rest. Or replace rest with Softboiled.

Shuckle@Rocky Helmet
    Toxic
    Withdraw
    Bug Bite
    Wrap
    I can honestly say that I have never seen a Shuckle work. I highly recommend replacing it with a spinner. Maybe Starmie; it would give you some needed speed, though you'd need to take out either Lapras or Seaking so you aren't overloaded with water types. Or maybe a fire type to dispose of those pesky Ferrothorns that otherwise wall you flat.

Skarmory@Quick Claw
    Spikes
    Stealth Rock
    Air Cutter
    Roost
    I'd suggest replacing Quick Claw with a more reliable item such as the Leftovers and taking off one of those entry hazard moves (probably rocks). Skarmory also lacks in special attack so I suggest replacing it with a physically offensive STAB. Brave Bird is best, but it's egg only so...

Seaking(Hidden Ability)@Rindo Berry
    Psybeam
    Icy Wind
    Waterfall
    Aqua Ring
    Seaking doesn't have the build to last long so I suggest replacing Aqua Ring and the Rindo Berry with something more offensive friendly. Perhaps a Megahorn and Life Orb? Psybeam doesn't have that great of coverage, but I'm not sure what else Seaking gets so it might be the best choice for Seaking.

Lapras(Hidden Ability)@Zoom Lens
    Rain Dance
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Shard
    Perish Song
    Having run a Hydration Lapras myself, I suggest that you run a Rest combo on it. However, you don't have DW Poli or even a Damp Rock, so utilizing the Hydration ability will tend to cost you more than it benefits you. Plus you also have sun on here, so I suggest terminating Rain Dance with something like thundebolt. And maybe consider replacing Ice Shard with Ice Beam; sure Beam doesn't give you priority, but it has more power and means you aren't splitting Lapras's EV's.

Meganium@Leftovers
    Toxic
    Protect
    Synthesis
    Sunny Day
    I'd probably suggest Leech Seed over Sunny Day, but overall Meganium looks solid enough. Your team synergy doesn't do much to support it though.

Overall, the types on this team are fairly balanced. However, like you said in the beginning, the team members on this team are predominately defensive, but some are trying to be used as offensive players which doesn't tend to work to well. Also, every defensive team or really any competitive team MUST HAVE A SPINNER, which you are lacking. You're also lacking a revenge killer. Ice Shard does well enough, but it's not really powerful enough to knock out most opposing pokemon and your team, as defensive, is a bit lacking in speed. Oh, and I still suggest you place EV spreads and natures on here. Right now, I'm just assuming general spreads so if this isn't accurate, I apologize.

Whats a spinner?

Quote Originally Posted by theboogster2 View Post
    Whats a spinner?
    A spinner is a Pokémon that has Rapid Spin on its moveset and is used to get rid of stuff like Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock, Leech Seed etc..

Blog Entries

As mentioned by previous posters, I would highly suggest heading over to Smogon and reading some of their articles on competitive battling. To battle competitively, you should learn about EVs, IVs, natures, viable sets, etc.

Made by Blue Dragon!