Rate My Single Battle Team

Thread: Rate My Single Battle Team

Blog Entries

Default Rate My Single Battle Team

After changing up my team several times, I feel that I may need to switch maybe one or two Pokemon to make it better; it's doing fairly well now but does need some work. Hence why I posted it here.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic
    - Spikes
    - Protect

My lead, at the moment. Sets up Stealth Rock and Spikes, and can paralyze the opponent. Good stalling capability if necessary to heal itself with Protect + Leftovers.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Bounce
    - Waterfall

Meant to be a Dragon Dance sweeper. Bounce for opposing Grass-types, because switching to Gliscor in the face of opposing Electric-types seems to work for the moment. Moxie for an additional attack boost after a successful sweep to make it sweep even ore effectively.

Lucario @ Choice Specs (?)
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Aura Sphere
    - Dark Pulse
    - Vacuum Wave
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Choice Specs Lucario for a special sweeper. Its two standard moves, Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse for coverage, plus Vacuum Wave to outspeed Terrakion and HP Ice for Gliscor. Not sure about Choice Specs for this set though, it would hinder versatility a bit. Feedback would be appreciated.

Chansey @ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Toxic
    - Seismic Toss
    - Softboiled
    - Heal Bell

Special wall, as my team desperately needed one. Also has Heal Bell for team recovery and Seismic Toss to do damage.

Zapdos @ Yache Berry
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 140 HP / 252 SAtk / 116 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Roost
    - Heat Wave
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Meant to be a switch-in attacker, usually from Gliscor, especially when threatened by opposing Gyarados. Roost for longevity, HP Grass for threats like Swampert and Gastrodon that would otherwise wall it.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Lava Plume
    - Substitute
    - Earth Power
    - Dragon Pulse

Substitute attacker. Air Balloon to protect against Earthquake. Probably needs tweaking, I'd appreciate feedback.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Feralize; 23rd May 2012 at 02:10 PM.

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

Default Re: Rate My Single Battle Team

Ok in my opinion your Gliscor and Ferrothorn should have there Def EV's hands down. They are meant to be wall's not Special walls. Ferrothron was meant to take a hit not a special one. So was gliscor he had killer defense with attack as well. Sure if you are fighting something special they would not do so hot but you can always switch out if something will be supereffective. This is just my opinion though. I like the team though!! If you ever want to have a singles Battle to let me know! If you are able to play on wifi!!

Edit- Ferrothrons Max Defense at level 50 is 201 while Spec Def is 184. You should consider training it with a Defense Raising Nature in Defense and Spec defense and use your last four Ev's to HP. Again though Just my Opinion I say this only because Iron barbs works when you take a Physical attack not special. Toxic would also be good instead of Thunderwave. Just so you are doing some damage to the pokemon along with Iron Barbs.

Blog Entries

Hmm, I switched Ferrothorn's nature to Bold and added Toxic like you suggested, and switched out Gliscor for Chansey so my team has a special wall. Thank you for the suggestions! ^^

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

Ahhh I never though Of A Chansey that was a good Choice!! Anytime!!!

I also like your Chansey's move set to that Can Reck people and keep your team Healthy with Heal Bell.
    Last edited by Professor Jacel; 23rd May 2012 at 04:08 PM.