Rate my OU team

Thread: Rate my OU team

Blog Entries

Default Rate my OU team

So I have been playing around with a lot of pokemon and I finally have an OU team that I like. It either wins its matches or just barely loses. Always room for improvement though. alternative move set, ev, or even pokemon suggestions are welcome.

Volcarona @ Chesto Berry
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 160 HP / 252 SAtk / 96 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Rest
    - Quiver Dance
    - Flamethrower
    - Bug Buzz

My favourite volcorana move set. Chesto berry has several good uses. I can safely switch into a spore one time and smack the opposing pokemon (usually breloom) with a flamethrower. If I get forced out or if my rapid spinner is gone then I can just rest up the damage from stealth rock. But ideally I go in on a Pokemon I can take and start quiver dancing. I rest up and start wreaking havok/sweeping. Its main support is donphan which I describe later. Can wall special attacks after couple of quiver dances, even water attacks outside of rain.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball

due to its ability I find that focus sash is a great item to have to be guaranteed either one boost or if I know I can take the pokemon out right away, whatever move works best. I use it as a sweeper as well but I don't use it as often as volcarona. It can take care of ferrothorns and heatrans if focus blast likes me. I like its coverage even with focus blast in there.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    - Recover
    - Taunt

My spin blocker, wall/stall and main annoyer. I had sableeye for the longest time but I realized I had nothing that can take a water type attack that well on the switch (breloom is so frail). Takes care of ice attacks too. I can safely bring this guy out to take just about anything that is not its typical weaknesses, or draco meteor since it just can't take that very well! I like bringing this guy in on scizor (lucky burn will make it useless and non pursuit scizors can't touch it) and politoeds.

Donphan @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin
    - Roar
    - Earthquake

- physical wall/tank and has many uses. I like to stealth rock on a physical attacker and proceed to roar as many things as possible (And flee if a special sweeper comes out!). Earthquake if against electrivire or heatran with no balloons. of course one of my favourite uses is being support to Volcarona due to its rapid spin. Also with stealth rocks set up Volcarona does not have to worry about focus sashes/sturdies which could spoil its day. I can also switch to Volc if I expect an ice attack.

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Brave Bird
    - Return
    - Close Combat
    - U-turn

- I usually lead with this and just predict as necessary. It also thanks donphan and its rapid spin abilities since I usually use this pokemon to hit hard and get out. I don't expect it to last too long but it can take care of a variety of threats especially with choice scarf. Also another way to tick off physical sweepers.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Spore
    - Focus Punch
    - Seed Bomb

- This guy is only in trouble if up against opposing poison heal or orb (Guts) users. I switch into a non threat and I spore. Then I usually either sub. or focus punch in the face (I"m careful of this if there's a ghost on the team). It hits so hard and can do a ton of damage to anything that isn't a ghost type or a physically bulky defensive pokemon like gliscor or celebi. I rarely use seed bomb but its also a great move that hurts terrakians, jellicents/bulky waters. Since its a sub. variant I wonder If I should have more EVs in HP??
    Last edited by AshK; 22nd February 2012 at 07:31 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Rate my OU team

what do you mean by palpitoad... other then that (possible typo), everything looks fine by me. i have no complaints. then again, I'm the preliminary round of rating.

Thanks to Extroph on serebii forums for the banner!

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soulless shadow View Post
    what do you mean by palpitoad... other then that (possible typo), everything looks fine by me. i have no complaints. then again, I'm the preliminary round of rating.
    Thanks for the comment. I meant politoed, I'm gonna fix it up there.

I know plenty of people have looked at this so far (47 views I think). Please leave some comments or suggestions.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This looks like a solid team, I don't really have any suggestions. Is there any mon which gives you trouble?
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.