Rate my Gen V Team, if you'd be so kind.

Thread: Rate my Gen V Team, if you'd be so kind.

Slacker Extraordinaire SanchoSuitcase's Avatar

Default Rate my Gen V Team, if you'd be so kind.

I've been revising this team for what seems like an eternity. This should be it's final revision, let's see what you gents think.

In no particular order:

Leafeon (Rosemary)(F) @ Muscle Band
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Leaf Blade
    - X-Scissor
    - Aerial Ace/Return

I personally believe Leafeon is an excellent physical sweeper, which is why she finds a place on my team. No frills, just three attacking moves and Swords Dance if I'm feeling lucky. I slapped Chlorophyll on her instead of her normal ability for the lovely speed boost she gets and to fuck over some Sunny Day users/abusers. It doesn't hurt that Leafeon is my overall favorite Pokemon either....

Poliwrath (Magnus)(M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpDef
    Careful OR Relaxed Nature (+SpDef, -SpAtk; +Def, -Spd)
    - Protect
    - Brick Break
    - Bulk Up
    - Waterfall

Another personal favorite, Poliwrath is on this team as a Swampert replacement. I traded 1 weakness and immunity to electric moves for this bulkly frog and his immunity to water moves. The Swampert had a nearly identical moveset as well, Earthquake instead of Brick Break and Curse instead of Bulk Up. That Swampert was quite the tank/wall/whateever term you want to use, but I just wasn't entirely satisfied.

The strategy here is to slowly but surely set up, protecting when needed to annoy foes and slowly recover HP, then obliterate anyone who doesn't resist him. Worked well with Swampert, why shouldn't it work here?

Arcanine (Vesta)(F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
    - Extreme Speed
    - Wild Charge
    - Flare Blitz
    - Overheat

Yes, a physically based fire-type with an Adamant nature and Overheat, I know it sounds daft but it works. It has proven time and time again to wreck some serious shit with our friends Scizor, Forretress and Steelix. I use it first when possible, then either finish foes off with Extreme Speed or smash through a few more Pokemon before Life Orb + Recoil KO's Arcanine. She's also my switch in for my Leafeon, hence her having Flash Fire. Also, if I encounter a fast water-type or a water/ground-type, I'll switch her with my Poliwrath for extra lulz.

Sableye (Hopkins)(M) @ Wide Lens
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 Def / 4 HP / 252 SpDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SpAtk)
    - Taunt
    - Toxic
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Night Shade

I fucking love Prankster. Other than status fuckery, Sableye is my switch in for Poliwrath and the Rhydon described below.

Rhydon (Horner)(M) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Lightning Rod
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpDef
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Megahorn
    - Payback/Ice Punch (when B/W2 comes out)

I never like Rhyperior, so with the advent of Eviolite I now have a valid way to use Rhydon. He can absolutely rape most anything that doesn't resist him, then switch to Poliwrath if any water-types appear, switch to Arcanine for grass-types, swap to Leafeon for ground-types, or switch to Sableye for fighting-types. Simple enough.

Beheeyem (Gallifrey)(M) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Analytic
    EVs: 252 SpAtk / 4 HP / 252 SpAtk
    Quiet Nature (+SpAtk, -Spd)
    - Energy Ball
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt

My only devoted to Special Sweeper. Using his shit speed and Analytic, he tears holes in anything that is not a Dark-type. Sucker Punch does cripple him, but I can usually predict if they've got someone packing it.

Opinions? Give me your worst, I want to make it as good as possible. I'm not worried about Stealth Rock or needing a Spinner/Spinblocker and I don't give a fuck about weather.

Default Re: Rate my Gen V Team, if you'd be so kind.

Which tier is this intended for?

I wasn't thinking about tiers, do they truly matter that much? I think most of my team is UU if that counts.

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

Out of Context get rid of Toxic for Recover on Sableye.
    I think Closecombat would help on your Arcanine as well. You have your Flareblitz so there really is not a need for Overheat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SanchoSuitcase View Post
    I've been revising this team for what seems like an eternity. This should be it's final revision, let's see what you gents think.

In no particular order:

Leafeon (Rosemary)(F) @ Muscle Band
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    - Swords Dance
    - Leaf Blade
    - X-Scissor
    - Aerial Ace/Return
    I think a life orb would be a better move and will probably hit harder. I'd pick return over aerial ace since base power is much better (assuming it has max happiness) plus I think it's overall better coverage then a flying type move

I personally believe Leafeon is an excellent physical sweeper, which is why she finds a place on my team. No frills, just three attacking moves and Swords Dance if I'm feeling lucky. I slapped Chlorophyll on her instead of her normal ability for the lovely speed boost she gets and to fuck over some Sunny Day users/abusers. It doesn't hurt that Leafeon is my overall favorite Pokemon either....

Poliwrath (Magnus)(M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    Careful OR Relaxed Nature (+SpDef, -SpAtk; +Def, -Spd)
    - Protect
    - Brick Break
    - Bulk Up
    - Waterfall
    If you have access to substitute i sugest switching protect for that. Might make it a bit easier to set up plus after a few bulk ups physical attacks are gonna have quite a time getting through this thing

Another personal favorite, Poliwrath is on this team as a Swampert replacement. I traded 1 weakness and immunity to electric moves for this bulkly frog and his immunity to water moves. The Swampert had a nearly identical moveset as well, Earthquake instead of Brick Break and Curse instead of Bulk Up. That Swampert was quite the tank/wall/whateever term you want to use, but I just wasn't entirely satisfied.

The strategy here is to slowly but surely set up, protecting when needed to annoy foes and slowly recover HP, then obliterate anyone who doesn't resist him. Worked well with Swampert, why shouldn't it work here?

Arcanine (Vesta)(F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Flash Fire
    - Extreme Speed
    - Wild Charge
    - Flare Blitz
    - Overheat
    interesting idea with over heat on a physical set but seems kind of situaitonal and gimmicky. Does it actually work well for you? How about a nature that lowers def or sp. def and one that raises speed or attack. That way your special attack won't get dropped any lower then it is if you are still planning on using it

Yes, a physically based fire-type with an Adamant nature and Overheat, I know it sounds daft but it works. It has proven time and time again to wreck some serious shit with our friends Scizor, Forretress and Steelix. I use it first when possible, then either finish foes off with Extreme Speed or smash through a few more Pokemon before Life Orb + Recoil KO's Arcanine. She's also my switch in for my Leafeon, hence her having Flash Fire. Also, if I encounter a fast water-type or a water/ground-type, I'll switch her with my Poliwrath for extra lulz.

Sableye (Hopkins)(M) @ Wide Lens
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 Def / 4 HP / 252 SpDef
    - Taunt
    - Toxic
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Night Shade

I fucking love Prankster. Other than status fuckery, Sableye is my switch in for Poliwrath and the Rhydon described below.

Rhydon (Horner)(M) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Lightning Rod
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpDef
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Megahorn
    - Payback/Ice Punch (when B/W2 comes out)

I never like Rhyperior, so with the advent of Eviolite I now have a valid way to use Rhydon. He can absolutely rape most anything that doesn't resist him, then switch to Poliwrath if any water-types appear, switch to Arcanine for grass-types, swap to Leafeon for ground-types, or switch to Sableye for fighting-types. Simple enough.

Beheeyem (Gallifrey)(M) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Analytic
    EVs: 252 SpAtk / 4 HP / 252 SpAtk
    Quiet Nature (+SpAtk, -Spd)
    - Energy Ball
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt
    Why not replace a move for hidden power fighting? with shadow ball and psychic it makes for great coverage. I usually just like to throw a special fighting move whether it's focus blast or hp fighting for psychic types so maybe it's just me

My only devoted to Special Sweeper. Using his shit speed and Analytic, he tears holes in anything that is not a Dark-type. Sucker Punch does cripple him, but I can usually predict if they've got someone packing it.

Opinions? Give me your worst, I want to make it as good as possible. I'm not worried about Stealth Rock or needing a Spinner/Spinblocker and I don't give a fuck about weather.

opinions/comments are above in bold. Pretty good team.

It's pretty good. :) esp. with Sableye as your annoyer and Rhydon as a tanker. :)

Sorry to suddenly change this shit up, but I have yet another (hopefully final) revision. Thanks for all of the advice thus far. Bear with me now, I swapped out three pokemon.

Scrafty (Ramone)(M) @ Shell Bell
    Trait: Moxie
    - Ice Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Bulk Up
    - Payback

Scrafty is one of my many Gen V bros, having carried me through my first run of White. He's meant to be my bulky physical attacker, swapped for Rhydon & Poliwrath, as well as my switch in for Crobat. I gave him Shell Bell for that little extra bit of recovery. Bulk Up and Moxie help send his Physical Stats sky high, letting him sweep with little to no effort. Also, Ice Punch is there to destroy those god damned, souless, uncreative bloody dragon types. (Fuck Garchomp man, seriously what is his problem?)

Crobat (Bruce)(M) @ Flying Gem
    Trait: Inner Focus
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SpAtk)
    - Acrobatics
    - Toxic
    - U-Turn
    - Taunt

Swapped out Sableye for this fast bat. His speed allows him to outspeed most anything, other than Aerodactyl or Choiced Latios (in my experience). Taunt is there to fuck over status inducers and those trying to set up. Toxic to give walls something to contend with. Acrobatics does seem gimmicky and I KNOW that Smogon reccomends Brave Bird with Roost and Leftovers, but Crobat is not bulky enough (in my opinion) to pull that shit off. Finally, U-Turn is to get the fuck out of there at the first sign of trouble. Only one priority move is effective enough to OHKO before he can get out of dodge, plus U-Turn is hilarious to use on unsuspecting Psychic types going for a Super Effective move, only to be destroyed themselves or to be walled by Scrafty. Crobat is suited to be an fast annoyance, which he pulls off swimmingly.

Swampert (Kipper)(M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpDef
    - Curse
    - Earthquake
    - Waterfall
    - Protect

Swapped Poliwrath for this Swampert. As I mentioned before, this Swampert's purpose is to slowly set up (while absorbing Electric moves for his team mate Crobat), then tear through his foes. Protect allows his a free turn to recover a pinch of HP, Curse makes him a physical tank beyond comprehension, with Waterfall and Earthquake allowing him to attack most anything.

For Leafeon
    I think a life orb would be a better move and will probably hit harder. I'd pick return over aerial ace since base power is much better (assuming it has max happiness) plus I think it's overall better coverage then a flying type move
    I already have a Life Orb on Arcanine and I can't have duplicate items. Muscle Band does very well for her. Also, I am going with Return over Aerial Ace, seeing as I have Flying Type coverage with Crobat.

For Arcanine
    interesting idea with over heat on a physical set but seems kind of situaitonal and gimmicky. Does it actually work well for you? How about a nature that lowers def or sp. def and one that raises speed or attack. That way your special attack won't get dropped any lower then it is if you are still planning on using it
    Overheat is my counter to the many Physically defensive Steel types in the metagame. It is mildly situational, but it's saved my ass many times. I tend to only use it once, first if possible. Her Special Attack drop is of no consequence, due to her having no other special moves.

For Beheeyem
    Why not replace a move for hidden power fighting? with shadow ball and psychic it makes for great coverage. I usually just like to throw a special fighting move whether it's focus blast or hp fighting for psychic types so maybe it's just me
    I have already bred this particular pokemon AND it was a bitch to breed for Nature, Gender, Ability, AND IV's, so rebreeding for a certain Hidden Power type is not an option at the moment. Thanks for the input however.
    Last edited by Synthesis; 9th August 2012 at 03:35 AM.

Crobat and Swampert. Awesome. I don't know about Scrafty, I don't have much of an experience using him.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo Prime View Post
    I don't know about Scrafty, I don't have much of an experience using him.
    With some investment into his defenses, the ability Moxie, and giving him Drain Punch + Bulk Up makes him nigh unstoppable. One Bulk Up is usually enough to plow through most foes, then boost his Attack and keep on rolling. Plus his base 115 Def/SpDef allows him to take a few hits while setting up.

Keepin that EV train goin Elite Twit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SanchoSuitcase View Post

Scrafty (Ramone)(M) @ Shell Bell
    Trait: Moxie
    - Ice Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Bulk Up
    - Payback

Scrafty is one of my many Gen V bros, having carried me through my first run of White. He's meant to be my bulky physical attacker, swapped for Rhydon & Poliwrath, as well as my switch in for Crobat. I gave him Shell Bell for that little extra bit of recovery. Bulk Up and Moxie help send his Physical Stats sky high, letting him sweep with little to no effort. Also, Ice Punch is there to destroy those god damned, souless, uncreative bloody dragon types. (Fuck Garchomp man, seriously what is his problem?)
    Why Impish over Careful? You've already got the Sp. Def. spread, Impish isn't going to save much, or give more time to Bulk Up. Careful will maximize his special side while you Bulk Up the physical side.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Twit View Post
    Why Impish over Careful? You've already got the Sp. Def. spread, Impish isn't going to save much, or give more time to Bulk Up. Careful will maximize his special side while you Bulk Up the physical side.
    His SpDef is already through the roof, even with Impish. I was attempting to still give him usuable Def if he doesn't have time to get a Bulk Up under his belt.