Rate my first Competitive Team

Thread: Rate my first Competitive Team

Link animated Avatar FTW! Shuckle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Rate my first Competitive Team

Hey guys! I made my first competitive team and I was wondering if I could have some feedback. :)

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd
    Nature: Naive
    - Overheat
    - Close Combat
    - U-Turn
    - Stone Edge

This guy is my lead and my Mixed Sweeper. I can use Overheat or Close Combat to deal heavy damage with my opponents. Overheat's side effect is that its Sp. Atk gets lowered. So I use U-Turn to attack my opponent, and then switch to a different Pokemon..

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spd
    Nature: Jolly
    - Spore
    - Seed Bomb
    - Focus Punch
    - Substitute

Breloom is my sweeper and my main attack for him is Focus Punch. I first use Spore to make my opponents sleep. My Breloom has a Jolly nature with 252 EV'd Speed so that I can most likely make my opponent sleep first.

Shuckle (M) @ Chesto Berry
    Ability: Sturdy
    EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpDef
    Nature: Relaxed
    - Encore
    - Toxic
    - Rest
    - Substitute

Shuckle is my physical wall. He is also used for stalling as well. Since Shuckle doesn't have that good offensive attacks, I let my Shuckle learn Toxic to damage my opponents. Encore if useful so that it can lock up my opponent's moves. And rest is used to heal itself and the Chesto Berry can wake it up.

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EV's: 236 HP / 252 Def / 22 SpDef
    Nature: Bold
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam

Vaporeon is my Wish Support. With the Def EVs, Vaporeon can tank many hits from its opponents. Scald is it's STAB move and has a 30% chance for the opponents to get burned. Protect is there so that Vaporeon can get its Wish also.

Dusclops (F) @ Eviolite
    Ability: Pressure
    EV's: 254 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpDef
    - Pain Split
    - Night Shade
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Rest

Dusclops is basically my spin blocker. Also, since it has the Eviolite, its Defense increases by 50%. Dusclops can also be used as a wall as well.

Weavile (M) @ Normal Gem
    EV's: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 218 Spd
    - Ice Shard
    - Pursuit
    - Night Slash
    - Fake Out

Weavile is my revenge killer. Normal Gem is equipped because I can use Fake out (which is a normal type attack) and normal gem can make the attack stronger. Ice Shard is used for dragon types. If I predict that my opponent will switch its Dragon Pokemon, I will use Pursuit to get that Pokemon damaged before it switches.

Rate my Team Please. :)
    3DS Friend Code 1607 - 2458 - 9938

IGN: Jason

Shiny Value: 543

Friend Safari: Fire
    Growlithe, Slugma, and Ninetales.

Blog Entries
    Add Dr.J on Facebook
    Visit Dr.J's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Rate my first Competitive Team

I cant tell you how well your team is, but i would love to give it a test run! if you would like.
    Come check out the GGNetwork channel :D gaming done by 8 other players. SUBSCRIBE, LIKE, AND CHECK OUT OUR FACE BOOK AND WEBSITE!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/GGNetworkChannel

Blog Entries

Sure! I would love to give it a test run. :)

Blog Entries
    Add Dr.J on Facebook
    Visit Dr.J's Youtube Channel

Ok i will pm you to save room on this page
    Come check out the GGNetwork channel :D gaming done by 8 other players. SUBSCRIBE, LIKE, AND CHECK OUT OUR FACE BOOK AND WEBSITE!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/GGNetworkChannel

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
    Hey guys! I made my first competitive team and I was wondering if I could have some feedback. :)

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
    - Overheat
    - Close Combat
    - U-Turn
    - Stone Edge

This guy is my lead and my Mixed Sweeper. I can use Overheat or Close Combat to deal heavy damage with my opponents. Overheat's side effect is that its Sp. Atk gets lowered. So I use U-Turn to attack my opponent, and then switch to a different Pokemon..

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
    - Spore
    - Seed Bomb
    - Focus Punch
    - Substitute

Breloom is my sweeper and my main attack for him is Focus Punch. I first use Spore to make my opponents sleep. My Breloom has a Jolly nature with 252 EV'd Speed so that I can most likely make my opponent sleep first.

- Encore
    - Toxic
    - Rest
    - Substitute

Shuckle is my physical wall. He is also used for stalling as well. Since Shuckle doesn't have that good offensive attacks, I let my Shuckle learn Toxic to damage my opponents. Encore if useful so that it can lock up my opponent's moves. And rest is used to heal itself and the Chesto Berry can wake it up.

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam

Vaporeon is my Wish Support. With the Def EVs, Vaporeon can tank many hits from its opponents. Scald is it's STAB move and has a 30% chance for the opponents to get burned. Protect is there so that Vaporeon can get its Wish also.

Dusclops (F) @ Eviolite
    - Pain Split
    - Night Shade
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Rest

Dusclops is basically my spin blocker. Also, since it has the Eviolite, its Defense increases by 50%. Dusclops can also be used as a wall as well.

Weavile (M) @ Normal Gem
    - Ice Shard
    - Pursuit
    - Night Slash
    - Fake Out

Weavile is my revenge killer. Normal Gem is equipped because I can use Fake out (which is a normal type attack) and normal gem can make the attack stronger. Ice Shard is used for dragon types. If I predict that my opponent will switch its Dragon Pokemon, I will use Pursuit to get that Pokemon damaged before it switches.

So this is all out of Preference for me would it not be better to have an Adamant Infernape with say Flare Blitz if you hate Recoil there is always Fire Punch. I noticed you have a lot of stall Pokemon on here as well. I feel an Encore user would be able to mess this up for you as they can force you into a move you probably do not want to repeat.

Blog Entries

Consider Ferrothorn over Shuckle. Shuckle is easily set up on by Substitute, and Ferrothorn's very useful for entry hazards.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

I would not recommend running Pain Split and Rest on the same Dusclops. I would instead suggest running either Sleep Talk in lieu of Pain Split, or Seismic Toss/Ice Beam in lieu of rest, in order to round out it's coverage, and ensure that it isn't walled by normal types. I personally enjoy my RestTalk Dusclops, and I think Jacel can attest to it's annoyingly high sturdiness. I once Will-O-Wisp'ed a Banded Guts Heracross locked onto pursuit, and I still stalled the Heracross to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockman.EXE View Post
    I would not recommend running Pain Split and Rest on the same Dusclops. I would instead suggest running either Sleep Talk in lieu of Pain Split, or Seismic Toss/Ice Beam in lieu of rest, in order to round out it's coverage, and ensure that it isn't walled by normal types. I personally enjoy my RestTalk Dusclops, and I think Jacel can attest to it's annoyingly high sturdiness. I once Will-O-Wisp'ed a Banded Guts Heracross locked onto pursuit, and I still stalled the Heracross to death.
    Yes I believe annoying would be the word :P

Hi Shuckle, nice team.
    Firstly, Shuckle is a very underwhelming Pokemon because it provides very little team support other than toxic and also has quite poor typing which many things in the current metagame can easily hit for super effective damage. Rather than changing it for Ferrothorn, I would suggest having Forretress because not only can it provide hazards to support your team (Breloom is great at forcing switches out of the opponent so it is important to have as many hazards on the field as possible) but it can also provide rapid spin support which will help the longevity of your team which has very little recovery. Forretress is also neutral to fighting type attacks which allows it to set up spikes on Pokemon such as Scizor which force Ferrothorn out.

With the addition of hazards, I think it is important that you keep Dusclops to block rapid spin. I would recommended sleep talk over pain split in order to act as a really good sponge to Breloom.

Your only real answer to the hard-hitting dragons of OU is Weavile which can merely revenge kill them. I'd say that Weavile is a little to fragile to provide any other real team support (it can only revenge kill dragons, nothing else. This is less important now that you have Forretress to take Outrages and Draco Meteors, however I would reccamend changing to a jolly Life Orb Mamoswine which can revenge kill many of the top dragon threats in addition to the theriens plus provide stealth rocks support which will take the pressure off of Forretress.

The only other real threat that I see is volt turn which your team seems to have real problems with. The Mamoswine will partially help this by blocking scarf Rotom-W's volt switch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Jacel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
    - Overheat
    - Close Combat
    - U-Turn
    - Stone Edge

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
    - Spore
    - Seed Bomb
    - Focus Punch
    - Substitute

- Encore
    - Toxic
    - Rest
    - Substitute

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam

Dusclops (F) @ Eviolite
    - Pain Split
    - Night Shade
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Rest

Weavile (M) @ Normal Gem
    - Ice Shard
    - Pursuit
    - Night Slash
    - Fake Out

So this is all out of Preference for me would it not be better to have an Adamant Infernape with say Flare Blitz if you hate Recoil there is always Fire Punch. I noticed you have a lot of stall Pokemon on here as well. I feel an Encore user would be able to mess this up for you as they can force you into a move you probably do not want to repeat.
    I already have Sp. Atk EV in there. Does this mean I have to get a new Infernape?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundagere View Post
    Consider Ferrothorn over Shuckle. Shuckle is easily set up on by Substitute, and Ferrothorn's very useful for entry hazards.
    I see. I'll replace Pain Split with Sleep Talk. But, this Dusclops is a good wall as well right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    Hi Shuckle, nice team.
    Firstly, Shuckle is a very underwhelming Pokemon because it provides very little team support other than toxic and also has quite poor typing which many things in the current metagame can easily hit for super effective damage. Rather than changing it for Ferrothorn, I would suggest having Forretress because not only can it provide hazards to support your team (Breloom is great at forcing switches out of the opponent so it is important to have as many hazards on the field as possible) but it can also provide rapid spin support which will help the longevity of your team which has very little recovery. Forretress is also neutral to fighting type attacks which allows it to set up spikes on Pokemon such as Scizor which force Ferrothorn out.

With the addition of hazards, I think it is important that you keep Dusclops to block rapid spin. I would recommended sleep talk over pain split in order to act as a really good sponge to Breloom.

Your only real answer to the hard-hitting dragons of OU is Weavile which can merely revenge kill them. I'd say that Weavile is a little to fragile to provide any other real team support (it can only revenge kill dragons, nothing else. This is less important now that you have Forretress to take Outrages and Draco Meteors, however I would reccamend changing to a jolly Life Orb Mamoswine which can revenge kill many of the top dragon threats in addition to the theriens plus provide stealth rocks support which will take the pressure off of Forretress.

The only other real threat that I see is volt turn which your team seems to have real problems with. The Mamoswine will partially help this by blocking scarf Rotom-W's volt switch.
    I'll use Forretress. I'll think about Mamoswine.

No not at all just get rid of overheat persay for Flare Blitz or if you do not mind lose stone edge for FlareBlitz and then you can keep overheat for Physical Tanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shuckle
    I see. I'll replace Pain Split with Sleep Talk. But, this Dusclops is a good wall as well right?
    Dusclops is a spectacular wall, especially when played well. RestTalk Dusclops also doesn't fear having it's Will-O-Wisp bounced back at it, since it's primary recovery move, rest, gives it immunity to status for two turns.

Blog Entries

@Professor Jacel; I replaced Overheat with Blaze Kick. Is that a good choice?
    @Rockman.EXE; Yeah, I know Dusclops is a spectacular wall. :D
    SleepTalk Dusclops is a good choice for my Dusclops. Thank you.

Yes that is just as good this way you will not take recoil damage