Raising a Lopunny effectively

Thread: Raising a Lopunny effectively

Default Raising a Lopunny effectively

I really like the Pokemon Lopunny. When I first got Diamond, I had one on my team. However, I wasn't really knowledgeable about the more mechanical side of the series, so I gave it crappy moves. At some point (I don't know when) I plan on restarting Diamond. I want to use the same team I had for the most part, including Lopunny. What kind of moves should I give it? I'm not into competitive play enough to worry about EVs and IVs, and I don't want to bother with Egg Moves. I know it's mostly a support Pokemon, so I figured Charm would be a good move to give it, as well as Baton Pass and Agility, to give my slower Pokemon higher speed. I don't know what it's final move should be. I would like it to have at least one attack move. I was thinking Return, but I'm not sure if that would be best for it.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Raising a Lopunny effectively

I raise Lopunny all the time, so I can help you! :)

Firstly, Lopunny's best stats are attack, speed, and its defenses. So it's good for tanking. You want to teach it moves like Dizzy Punch, Ice Punch, and other physical moves. Also, make sure yours has the Cute Charm ability. Because Klutz sucks. Cute Charm will infatuate Pokemon of the opposite gender if it makes contact with the user, giving your Lopunny a huge advantage.

Also, Bounce is a handy move to use against Fighting types, Lopunny's weakness. It's a bit inaccurate though, so be careful with it.

And Return is a great move for Lopunny too! You have to max out Buneary's happiness in order to evolve it, and Return is most powerful at max happiness, so yeah. Go for it. Healing Wish is an ideal move if you'd like a status move in its moveset too. If Lopunny uses it right before fainting, you restore the health of the next Pokemon you send out.

As for nature, I'm not an expert on these, but I think you want a nature that boosts attack/speed and hinders special attack (Lopunny's worst stat).

And that's all I can tell ya, really.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Raising a Lopunny effectively

I'm going to close this thread for now; since this seems to be primarily in-game, you should use the In-Game teams thread in future. Thank you!

Made by Blue Dragon!