Quick Picks

Thread: Quick Picks

Its dangerous to go alone King Eriandor's Avatar

Default Quick Picks

In the past I've had trouble finding a good final pokemon for my teams. My first 5 pokemon went together like strawberries and banannas but I could never find a good final pokemon to protect their weaknesses. Well after extensive research (okay, I just made this on a whim) here are some pokemon that don't need other pokemon to make them awesome. These are just a few of my favorites, if you have more then leave a comment. (If you hate me and my suggestions I can't really stop you from leaving a comment can I?)

Forrothorn-in-the-side
    You've all seen this on PO a thousand times but he does deserve credit.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers/Big root
    Moves:
    leech seed
    ingrain/curse
    power whip/ gyro ball
    spikes/stealth rock/protect

A survivor who can take any number of arrows to the knee... if he had one...

Swell-ow
    I've seen a couple of these and they are pretty nice, fast, powerful, and pretty darn nice all-in-all.

Swellow @ Flame orb
    A:Guts
    Moves:
    Facade
    protect

Burn, guts, facade at 140 base power, protect on first turn. Gotta love 'em.

Technoscizor
    These guys are everywhere and they have good reason to be. Technoboost, high physical attack and only 1 weakness what more could you ask for

Scizor @ life orb/??? gem
    A:Technician
    Moves:
    Bullet punch
    Swords dance
    Arial ace/Protect
    Bug bite

After a good swords dance or two these guys are unstoppable with bullet punch.

Sir-Escavalier
    High attack, one weakness déja-vu

Escavalier @ choice band/focus sash
    A:swarm
    Megahorn
    reversal

With a focus sash and swarm, this guy's megahorn is beast same with choice band and either reversal or megahorn. he's evenn better on trick room teams.

Tecnoloom
    Another tecnofighter with higher attack than scizor

Breloom @ life orb
    A:Technician
    Mach punch
    bullet seed
    spore/low sweep

Not much left to say...

I can still think of a bunch more: hitmontop, metagross, cresselia, cloyster, kingdra, etc but these are some of the most effective in my opinion.

Default Re: Quick Picks

Well in singles OU Moxie Mence is great at filling in random slots because of the role it takes on. It is really consistent because the synergy it gives isn't based around typing and the thing it gives to the team is a way of cleaning, nothing else, meaning that it isn't really possible to conflict with the rest of the team (Unless of course the team already has been based around an initial cleaner).