Questions and Suggestions Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Questions and Suggestions Thread

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Questions and Suggestions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Johny_lovin_it View Post
    Could I suggest a thread where we battle each other? Just for fun and imagination? Or how about a vs. kind of thing? I think that is where we vote who could win against who. What do you think?
    Can you elaborate that? It does sound interesting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johny_lovin_it View Post
    Could I suggest a thread where we battle each other? Just for fun and imagination? Or how about a vs. kind of thing? I think that is where we vote who could win against who. What do you think?
    There's not enough activity for that. If you want to have special rules battles with someone, just post a new thread in the Fight Club and specify that you're looking for "fun battles" or whatever.

Blog Entries

I am going to suggest 2 things:

1) A hall of fame sticky - thread or even subforum. Basically this thread or sub forum contains the names of the winners of the registered tournaments. It also gives a link to teams of the winners (if they want to share it) or the videos of the finals, etc.

The idea is to give the winners something more to brag about than just artwork, etc. There is more motivation to participate if you have something to play for.

2) My second suggestion is a PO ladder in the format of the wifi ladder. Remember the wifi ladder? It had a great format, imo and it would be a lot easier to arrange PO battles. Also to prevent inactivity, a rule can be made to restrict users with less than 50 or 100 posts from entering. This prevents people from just joining bmgf on impulse, signing up and then leaving for good.
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post

1) A hall of fame sticky - thread or even subforum. Basically this thread or sub forum contains the names of the winners of the registered tournaments. It also gives a link to teams of the winners (if they want to share it) or the videos of the finals, etc.

The idea is to give the winners something more to brag about than just artwork, etc. There is more motivation to participate if you have something to play for.

2) My second suggestion is a PO ladder in the format of the wifi ladder. Remember the wifi ladder? It had a great format, imo and it would be a lot easier to arrange PO battles. Also to prevent inactivity, a rule can be made to restrict users with less than 50 or 100 posts from entering. This prevents people from just joining bmgf on impulse, signing up and then leaving for good.
    These are both decent Ideas I like them and Second them if that at all helps because I think as I said before these are decent ideas!

I agree with the first one. It's a great idea.

Blog Entries

Good suggestion, but I don't think an entire subforum is necessary. A thread would be sufficient enough, imo.

As for the second one, I'm all for it, but there will have to be enough interested and active players for it to work. Do we have that? I'm not sure, but I guess we can give it a trial run.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post

Good suggestion, but I don't think an entire subforum is necessary. A thread would be sufficient enough, imo.

As for the second one, I'm all for it, but there will have to be enough interested and active players for it to work. Do we have that? I'm not sure, but I guess we can give it a trial run.
    We can get 15 to 20 to start with, I would say.

Hello guys, here's a couple of questions. I have an Onix with the ability Strudy, then I like to evolve into a Steelix. Should I EV train an Onix before evolve itno a Steelix,or not. Like this...

252 HP/220 Def/ 36 Sp.Def

and for the moveset would be like...

Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Gyro ball
    Roar/Dragon Tail

Question 2. If I like to have a wonderful Milotic, should I EV train a Feebas first, or I should evolve a Feebas into Milotic, then EV train it? Are the Uber pokemon are the good things in the Wi-Fi battles,Pokemon World Tournament, Battle Subway,and Video Game Championships? If not, then I understand. Perhaps that the OU aka Overused Pokemon are the most powerful ones in the competitive battle after all.

Question 3. If I were to EV a Tyranitar, should I EV train him in the Uber category, Overused category, or something else. You see, I want to raise them right as I want to stand a chance against the online players. Winning the Pokemon World Tournament to get more TMs from BW2. And for the official matches,and Video Game Championship. the smogon website can help.
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/Shegoten/Kissshipping/MelodyandAsh.jpg

*Welcome to the Kissshipping Line*
    ~Ash,and Melody shall always be with each other forever.~
    Kissshipping never dies..

I happens to support this shipping. If you Kissshipping, post it on the Kissshipping thread.

@Shego;

1, There are far better options than Steelix. Don't even bother using him.
    2, It doesn't really matter when you ev train. The definition of an Uber Pokemon is that it is too broken for use in OU, therefore generally in wifi they are going to be better.
    3, This question doesn't even make sense.

@Shego;

1, There are far better options than Steelix. Don't even bother using him.
    2, It doesn't really matter when you ev train. The definition of an Uber Pokemon is that it is too broken for use in OU, therefore generally in wifi they are going to be better.
    3, This question doesn't even make sense.
    I see. So Steelix is like rarelyused. As for the third question, I want to train a Tyranitar the right way. You know like EV train on the right section. If the Uber section is too broken, then the OU section will be the one.
    Last edited by Shego; 8th September 2012 at 03:21 AM.

I happens to support this shipping. If you Kissshipping, post it on the Kissshipping thread.

Well considering most Uber Pokemon are banned you should be running the OU evs on Tyranitar.

Well considering most Uber Pokemon are banned you should be running the OU evs on Tyranitar.
    Ok. I understand. So the OU pokemon will have the best chance if winning the competitive battles like Wi-Fi battles,Pokemon World Tournament,Video Game Championships,and Battle Subway. All right. Thank you.

Now for Milotic, you said that it doesn't matter when I start EV train it. You see, I'm asking this so I can raise it right in order to prepare for the competitive battles like the Wi-Fi battles, VCG,the Battle Subway,and Pokemon World Tournament. Should I have the Milotic to be EV trained like this?

252 HP/ 240 Def/ 16 Sp. Def or 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD

Nature: Calm
    Ability: Marvel Scale

As for the moveset;

Rest
    Sleep Talk (Recommended) (after I receive BW2)
    Scald
    Dragon Tail

Pokemon World Tournament and Battle Subway are not competitive. They can easily be beaten without ev training.

The first spread is far better to abuse Marvel Scale to its full potential, though it is situation to your team.

I would suggest that you go and read some articles and learn about the game some more before even considering building a VGC or Wifi viable team.

Pokemon World Tournament and Battle Subway are not competitive. They can easily be beaten without ev training.

The first spread is far better to abuse Marvel Scale to its full potential, though it is situation to your team.

I would suggest that you go and read some articles and learn about the game some more before even considering building a VGC or Wifi viable team.
    I see. So the first spread will be the best one for Milotic. To be honest, Pokemon Black happens to be my very real first pokemon game.
    Last edited by Shego; 8th September 2012 at 08:02 AM.

Blog Entries

@Shego ; This thread is for questions and suggestions for the forum. In future post questions like this in the Simple Questions thread in Battle Strategy and Tactics.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast