Questions and Suggestions Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions and Suggestions Thread

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Default Questions and Suggestions Thread

Have a question about the Battle Center or an idea about how we can make it better? Let us know by posting in here!
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

Default Re: Questions and Suggestions Thread

I started a thread for them in Free Battles but not really any interest so far

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Is this section specifically for requesting WiFi battles, or can someone request battles on Shoddy Battle?
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

I guess you could solicit a shoddy battle here. Why not? Just note it in the thread title.

My professer asked the class to do a report on reproduction of pokemon and another on water pokemon.

I was wondering if someone could help me!
    I need to know who the best water pokemon is and why not including legendary
    Also I need 3 pairs of pokemon that can breed. They cant be two of the same kind or evolvation. I need to know the names of the two that are breeding, what pokemon they produce and why they are good to breed.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated...I know nothing about pokemon and i cant afford to fail this class.

i have a question about the evasion clause. i didn't really know of such a thing and i was wandering if using my mamoswine with snow cloak when hail is in effect would be breaking it.

Prediction isn't fiction! mc2094's Avatar

^Evasion clause means you can't use moves such as double team which raise your evasion. Snow Cloak, Sand Veil, and Bright Powder are allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by mc2094 View Post
    ^Evasion clause means you can't use moves such as double team which raise your evasion. Snow Cloak, Sand Veil, and Bright Powder are allowed.
    so is accupressure

Quote Originally Posted by DeezeNuts View Post
    Section for IV battles maybe?
    are you cereal right now?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I don't see any other question thread. If it's wrong, please tell me so and guide me to the right thread ^w^

It's about Wi-Fi. My computer is protected by a WEP key, which is too secure for the regular DS and the DS Lite, but when the DSi came out, Nintendo introduced an Advanced Setup. I can now go on the Internet with my DSi, download games, etc.

However, the DS games introduced before the DSi came out (DPP included) are not compatible with this setup. Therefore, I cannot use Wi-Fi connection for any of my DS games, Pokemon included. My Wii is able to flawlessly connect to other games over the Internet, though.

So, my questions are:

1. What are my options? (preferably other than going to a Hotspot, since that isn't always convenient.)

2. Is there any way to connect to Wi-Fi via the Wii? (which I have)

3. Do you know if HeartGold and SoulSilver will be compatible with WEP keys?

If it helps, I am using Platinum Version. I also have Battle Revolution (though I rarely use it), if that helps with the Wii connection.

I've looked at Nintendo's website for answers, but I haven't gotten any. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and don't hesitate to point me to the right place to post this if it is in the wrong section. I am new after all :3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I don't see any other question thread. If it's wrong, please tell me so and guide me to the right thread ^w^

It's about Wi-Fi. My computer is protected by a WEP key, which is too secure for the regular DS and the DS Lite, but when the DSi came out, Nintendo introduced an Advanced Setup. I can now go on the Internet with my DSi, download games, etc.

However, the DS games introduced before the DSi came out (DPP included) are not compatible with this setup. Therefore, I cannot use Wi-Fi connection for any of my DS games, Pokemon included. My Wii is able to flawlessly connect to other games over the Internet, though.

So, my questions are:

1. What are my options? (preferably other than going to a Hotspot, since that isn't always convenient.)

2. Is there any way to connect to Wi-Fi via the Wii? (which I have)

3. Do you know if HeartGold and SoulSilver will be compatible with WEP keys?

If it helps, I am using Platinum Version. I also have Battle Revolution (though I rarely use it), if that helps with the Wii connection.

I've looked at Nintendo's website for answers, but I haven't gotten any. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and don't hesitate to point me to the right place to post this if it is in the wrong section. I am new after all :3
    This is over my head--I don't really know what to tell you. HG/SS will probably be compatible, but as for your current options...I'm really not sure.

Ontario, Canada, WATER! WATER! WATER! PEWPEWPEW!

I'm nearly positive that wifi works on the DS if you're using WEP encryption (I use WEP encryption). Are you sure that you're not using WPA or WPA2 encryption on your router?

I have no idea. All I know is that it shows a silver lock on the Search for an Access Point screen.

A silver lock means you are using WPA or WPA2 security.

Your options for playing older DS titles online are:

-Get a Nintendo Wifi USB Connector, but Nintendo has discontinued it, so it may be pretty hard to find.
    -Change the settings on your router to WEP.

Unfortunately, it seems that HeartGold and SoulSilver are not WAP compatible.
    I still can’t believe my dragons lost to you, Red! You’re now the Pokémon League champion! …Or, you would have been, but you have one more challenge ahead. You have to face another Trainer! His name is… Blue! He beat the Elite Four before you. He is the real Pokémon League champion! -Lance

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaM View Post
    My professer asked the class to do a report on reproduction of pokemon and another on water pokemon.

I was wondering if someone could help me!
    I need to know who the best water pokemon is and why not including legendary
    Also I need 3 pairs of pokemon that can breed. They cant be two of the same kind or evolvation. I need to know the names of the two that are breeding, what pokemon they produce and why they are good to breed.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated...I know nothing about pokemon and i cant afford to fail this class.

You're doing a project on Pokemon???
    Can you please tell me what this school is and how I can get there.

You can read my fic; A Deadly Breach here.

Platinum FC: 2321-2981-5085

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast