Question about EVs/IVs in WiFi battles.
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Question about EVs/IVs in WiFi battles.

  1. #1

    Default Question about EVs/IVs in WiFi battles.

    Hi all,

    So recently I'd been battling using WiFi, and my Starmie has been fully EV trained in speed, it's level 100. etc. etc.

    Anywho, it ALWAYS goes first, in most WiFi battles however it doesn't. Usually last. The Pokemon that I face are usually holding leftovers or berries, so how does this work? :/ confused.

    Are EVS totally useless in WiFi battles!


    Mew

  2. #2

    Default Re: Question about EVs/IVs in WiFi battles.

    No, what kind of things have you found going faster than it?

    Evs do count in wifi battles, your Starmie may just have really low ivs.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Question about EVs/IVs in WiFi battles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    No, what kind of things have you found going faster than it?

    Evs do count in wifi battles, your Starmie may just have really low ivs.

    Stupid things like a Typlohshion, Ludicolo, Dragonite, etc.

    and my Starmie has pretty good IVS, 31/30/29's.


    Mew

  4. #4

    Default Re: Question about EVs/IVs in WiFi battles.

    I'm going to presume you have either made some kind of error in its evs or measuring its ivs or you just happen to have up against a lot of silly people running choice scarf. For instance, the Typhlosion could have been choice scarfed, the Ludicolo has Swift Swim and thus would outspeed you in the rain and Dragonite will outspeed you after a dragon dance.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Question about EVs/IVs in WiFi battles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    I'm going to presume you have either made some kind of error in its evs or measuring its ivs or you just happen to have up against a lot of silly people running choice scarf. For instance, the Typhlosion could have been choice scarfed, the Ludicolo has Swift Swim and thus would outspeed you in the rain and Dragonite will outspeed you after a dragon dance.
    I just ran my Starmie through a check, again, it has 252 in SPE, and the IV for speed is 31.

    My Ludicolo seems to run quicker than my Starmie too, since it has Swift Swim / Rain. I don't know what it isssssss, haha. Oh well T_T;


    Mew

  6. #6

    Default Re: Question about EVs/IVs in WiFi battles.

    Swift swim doubles speed in rain.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Question about EVs/IVs in WiFi battles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    Swift swim doubles speed in rain.
    ah okay, is there any way for me to make my Starmie faster? like ideal items / not choice scarf, lol. xD


    Mew

  8. #8

    Default Re: Question about EVs/IVs in WiFi battles.

    A speed boosting nature would increase speed.

    Really, Ludicolo isn't exactly a top tier threat so your team should be dealing with it comfortably.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Question about EVs/IVs in WiFi battles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleffa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    Swift swim doubles speed in rain.
    ah okay, is there any way for me to make my Starmie faster? like ideal items / not choice scarf, lol. xD
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Scarf is bad on Starmie. Starmie has enough offensive options to make good use of it. Also Starmie out speed's what it out speed's. If you have 252/31 into speed it's going as fast as possible without some sort of boost or item. Like Takaki said below, a speed nature is always useful. I'd suggest Timid, since Starmie makes better use of SpAtk. Best of luck with the team!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Question about EVs/IVs in WiFi battles.

    Scarf Starmie lacks damage output and bulk though. The latter it needs to spin and the former it needs to apply pressure. Although scarf Starmie isn't necessarily bad I'd say that there are better options for a scarfer in BW2.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

  11. #11
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,759
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: Question about EVs/IVs in WiFi battles.

    @Takaki; it is a fairly good revenge killer since it can revenge a lot of dd mons and it has trick, the main problem with it is pursuit, imo.


    @Cleffa;
    What is the nature of your Starmie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Question about EVs/IVs in WiFi battles.

    @Lord Clowncrete;My point is that if you aren't using it to spin then other scarfers outclass it almost always.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Question about EVs/IVs in WiFi battles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    @Takaki; it is a fairly good revenge killer since it can revenge a lot of dd mons and it has trick, the main problem with it is pursuit, imo.


    @Cleffa;
    What is the nature of your Starmie?
    timid.


    Mew

  14. #14

    Default Re: Question about EVs/IVs in WiFi battles.

    Cleffa, you should get into simulator battling. Then you wouldn't have to bother about all this and you could play better players.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

  15. #15
    Pokemon Master's Degree! Pikmin1211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pikmin Planet *coughearthcough*
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: Question about EVs/IVs in WiFi battles.

    Step one: Go on wifi
    Step two: select starmie
    step three: select summary
    step four: change tab to stats
    step five: tell me what speed it is.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •