Pokemon Synergy

Thread: Pokemon Synergy

Blog Entries

Default Pokemon Synergy

Having Pokemon that can take hits for the other and counter problematic Pokemon is a must. Some of the better examples out there are Skarmory/Blissey (especially in Gen IV OU), Ferrothorn or Scizor or Forretress/Chandelure or Politoed, Landorus-T or Gliscor/Politoed or Ninetales (specially bulky varients work best of course), and Magnezone/Dragons to remove anything that resists boosted Draco Meteor or Outrage.

Are there any examples of Pokemon with great synergy you enjoy using or hate facing?

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokemon Synergy

Freakn' Crainidos in LC. It is a power house, easpically with the Earthquake + Moldbreaker combo.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

The NU has that Alomomola and Amoonguss duo. It's a nifty combo, I have to admit. The ability to switch between Pokemon to stall the opponent would bound to rage them. Alomomola provides Wishes for everybody, as well as being a great Physical wall. As for Amoonguss, it is there to cast nasty status ailments to everyone, the main one being Spore. Clear Smog and Stun Spore are bonuses. If possible, Audino could be added into the mix for more fun, because it is a cleric AND dual screener, making this core even harder to deal with.

Of course, there are some notable stoppers. Zangoose would be problematic if you are not using Alomomola, because Mola won't win otherwise. Gurdurr could be a stop, but if you have Clear Smog on Amoonguss and Gurdurr's not carrying Ice Punch, that's not an issue. Emboar and Samurott's ability to go Physical or Special would keep you guessing, but if you manage to figure out the opponent, it should be OK. For example, I switched in Amoonguss to a Samurott's Surf, and knowing that it could survive an Ice Beam, I went to use Giga Drain for the KO.

That's the one I could contribute for now.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Its dangerous to go alone King Eriandor's Avatar

Dem darn minimizing blissey/chansey!

the only way I've ever beat a trainer with both of those is with a leech seed from ludicolo switch to a hydration accelgor in rain... I won because I had 3 pokemon and they had 2 at the end of the battle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Shinx View Post
    Freakn' Crainidos in LC. It is a power house, easpically with the Earthquake + Moldbreaker combo.
    Synergy isn't to do with moves or abilities, just Pokemon's typing/stats, and how to cover each other's weaknesses.

On Rain teams, Jolteon and Skarmory have pretty good synergy together. Skarmory can take Ground moves and almost all physical moves aimed at Jolteon, and Jolteon can take the Electric moves aimed at Skarmory, and possibly unboosted Fire moves outside of rain thanks to its natural special bulk.

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

Heatran and Gengar on one of my teams. Gengar can switch in for any Focus Blast or any obvious Ground/Fighting move and my Heatran(Thats Bulky) Can come in on Psychic/Dark/Ghost type moves.

Slacker Extraordinaire SanchoSuitcase's Avatar

I always try to base my teams on synergy, like my Leafeon and Arcanine duo in my current team. Arcanine can swap in for Fire, Bug and Ice moves, where Leafeon can switch to Ground, Rock and Water moves for Arcanine. BOTH can tear through ill prepared Weather teams, in particular Sunny Day teams. Leafeon is wicked fast in the sun and Arcanine's Flare Blitz is absurdly powerful.

Very simple example, but by Jove do I love how effective it's proven to be.

Jellicent and Chansey is the most annoying core to face as a rain team. Your only option against it is to Spike stack like crazy and attempt to Blow through them with Specs Tornadus-T Hurricane.