Pokemon Online's Battle Factory

Thread: Pokemon Online's Battle Factory

Blog Entries

Default Pokemon Online's Battle Factory

Recently added on Pokemon Online, there is a special tier called Battle Factory. Much like Challenge Cup, you don't need to have a team ready. However, there are special rules in Battle Factory, so listen up:

• The battles are 3 vs. 3. Although you have a full selection of six Pokemon, the first three Pokemon on Team Preview will be your team. Like the ordinary Team Preview, the left-most Pokemon is the lead.
    • Movesets for Pokemon are competitive, so you may have items that work well with the moves, like Dragonite w/ Dragon Dance, Roost, Fire Punch and Outrage (Item: Leftovers).
    • As I had seen when battling someone on request, Doubles are 6 vs. 6, using movesets for Singles.
    • Sleep Clause and Self-KO Clause are intact.

I tried it, but lost more often than I won, simply because I was unfamiliar with how it worked. At one time, I received Ninetales and Venusaur, but since Venusaur was out of range, I lost to Scarf Terrakion because the front three members are weak to Rock (Dragonite, Ninetales and Weavile). However, for one battle, I had a Rock Polish Genesect, which made for a sweep after Thundurus-I lost enough HP (it was a Life Orb variant with Wild Charge).

Since this is a recently-added tier, it might not be perfectly implemented. However, if you got the time, do check it out and see if it's a nice change of pace from Challenge Cup's possible unlucky movesets.

Thanks for reading.
    “Detachment does not consist in setting fire to one's house, or becoming bankrupt or throwing one's fortune out of the window, or even giving away all of one's possessions. Detachment consists in refraining from letting our possessions possess us.”

Bonus articles: Improving the Ice-type (04/09/2014)

Default Re: Pokemon Online's Battle Factory

I've played a few games in this tier and must say that I really enjoy it, Unlike the other fun tiers there is at least a small amount of skill required. Sadly, I don't see this tier standing out and lasting all that long though.

Edit: really getting into this. Now 5th on the ladder lol.
    Last edited by Takaki; 25th September 2012 at 12:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Online's Battle Factory

I just started it. Really enjoying this. Better then challenge cup which I can't stand due to the uncompetive movesets.