Poison team questions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poison team questions

Default Poison team questions

i was thinking about making a posion team in the future for more competitive battling maybe... So i was thinking if this team would work... THIS IS OU, althou it looks more like NU i know.
    so it would go like this

or

As a lead with leftovers

To set up spikes and stuff
    Only Toxic Spikes since its poison team
    It would be something like this

1. Toxic Spikes
    2. Earthquake/Superpower or something
    3. Sucker Punch/Poison Jab
    4. Dragon Tail/Taunt/Venoshock

HP/Defence EVs for Drapion and Defence/ Spattack or attack for Nidoqueen

Battle Armor for Drapion and Poison Point for Nidoqueen

as
    special sweeper...
    With this moveset

1. Hex/Dream Eater (if 4th is hypnosiss)
    2. Shadow Ball
    3. Dark Pulse/Sucker Punch??
    4. Hidden Power Ice??/Hypnosis

Idk what moves he should have i wanted to cover his weaknesses somehow , to bug ground and dark.

Speed and Special attack EVS

Ability Levitate

Idk about his item...

this thing LOL as a defensive wall ^^ item - leftovers. i know its i think the lowest tier but i still think its good for a defensive wall and for crippling or suiciding etc

1. Memento/Destiny Bond/Selfdestruct maybe.. it depends on its role
    2. Sludge Wave/Thunderbolt
    3. Pain Split
    4. Toxic/Will o wisp

Levitate with all Evs in Defence and HP

as a sweeper

with:
    1. Swords Dance
    2. Drain Punch
    3. Fake Out/Sucker Punch
    4. Poison Jab/Earthquake

EVs in Speed and Attack
    Ability Anticipation and item Life Orb...

Arbok as an annoyer

1. Coil/Taunt
    2. Sucker Punch/Payback
    3. Gunk Shot/Earthquake
    4. Substitute/Glare

EVs in special defence and HP and attack/speed
    with leftovers
    ability Intimidate

As annoyer too

withh
    1. Brave bird
    2. Confuse ray/Toxic
    3. Taunt
    4. U-turn/Super Fang/Roost

With EVs in Speed, HP and a bit in attack

Ability Inner focus, holding leftovers

It will take me ages to create it so i probably wont use it in B/W1 but i dont know. im not in a hurry but really curious about this team cos i know there are some poison teams but they dont work cos everyone is using ground pokemon and almost no one grass type... Just wanted to see what you guys think ^^
    Last edited by Meli; 24th June 2012 at 08:10 PM.
    ~~~~trying to hatch a shiny Vulpix~~~~

Its dangerous to go alone King Eriandor's Avatar

Default Re: Poison team questions

With only gengar for psychic or ground types you are really open to attack. Crobat first with taunt to screw over any strategists, ferrothorners or spikers alike (with HIS speed it's pretty hard to stop). you are completely immune to toxic spikes. But that doesn't help you all that mutch without some backup power if your foe has no need to be taunted, set up a rain dance and allow toxicroak + dry skin + black sludge (leftovers can be stolen without a problem but sludge will make foes think twice before stealing from him) in as soon as your crobat is ice beamed to death (it will happen ... often ... trust me) Toxicroak can then sub and bulk up. Drain punch can be pretty nice without type effectiveness and it destroy's annoying ferrothorns. [murmur murmur ...darn spike balls... murmur ...don't fight ferro... murmur ...thorn in the side]

give crobat toxic and super fang to cut a lot of HP in the short time he lives along with taunt and rain dance holding damp rock.

Arbok can switcheroo a choice item then gastro acid any irritating abilities and finally toxic / venoshock your now-disabled opponent to death.

LV1 ghastly Focus sash destiny bond... no more to say...

and yeah, that's pretty much it, throw some toxic spikes around in the middle of the battle and do some damage with nidoqueen's earth power.

yeaaa xD ive been playing pokemon games for ages and i still cant make a good team... actually it was just too see peoples opinions cos i never know what should i build my team around and i didnt think this team through at all althou i like the 7 pokemon i posted. I have like 2 teams for battling online on B/W and they are both strong (and i always play mxied tier in OU) except i have a hard time coming up with any tactics. its the same every game for me @_@ Just wanna try to make a strong poison team that wont be disabled by certain pokemon or ground/psychic types

I totally forgot about black sludge , wouldnt it better to just give black sludge to everyone instead of leftovers since its a poison team ...
    And yeahh Toxicroak should use substitute but wouldnt sword dance be better for him? i just love this move
    And didnt think about rain dance, i knew about Toxicroaks ability but dont really use weather moves on my teams dunno why.
    Thanks for the reply ^^

Swords dance will boost attack more than bulk up but bulk up gives you a good amount of defense to stop any earthquakes, psyshocks or physical flying moves like Arial ace.

As I mentioned earlier (see Arbok suggestion) A good fighter can cripple opponents, then kill them. Another idea would be to use a Tentacruel in case of any ferrothorn which are immine to poison. Tentacruel's liquid ooze is a nightmare for ferothorns. Once well trained for defence It should be able to survive a power whip and attempt to burn the ferrothorn-in-the-side with scald to kill it gradually. A taunt from crobat will cause even more problems for the spiked irritant.

I agree that weather is not easy to work with (that's why I just drizzle with politoed) but the advantages can be worth it. another good use for rain dance is to stop any sandstoms from Tyranitar.

more ground def

-_- You didn't even have enough time to write a full sentance, let alone adding punctuation and capitals?

Oh well... He has a point give a pokemon or two an air baloon and get pokemon (like tentacruel) that are good on ground.

I would have to replace weezing with tentacruel T_T And then i would have no defence and 2 special walls. I still dont know about having Weezing on this team anyways but dunno any good poison type defence walls. And about being weak to ground, Weezing and Gengar both have Levitate, plus Crobat is flying type ^^.
    Im thinking about creating this team in B/W and then transferring it to B/W2 in a few months. Im sure about Crobat, Arbok, Gengar and Toxicroak but not sure about defensive pokemon

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

Why not VenoShock on your Gengar. Stab and if there Poisoned Doulbe DAMAGE!!! lol

Which is still more Powerful than HEX you have Shadow ball anyways

Yes that was me being dumb T-T
    I was thinking about
    1. Substitute
    2. Shadow Ball
    3. Focus Blast
    4. Pain Split/Thunderbolt/Disable/Something unpredictable
    on Gengar

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

Well a Good one I used with the Toxic Spikes was Substitute, Disable, Venoshock, Shadow Ball. This way I could sub then if I was hit with say a psychic,Ghost,dark move I could disable it then by that time they have taken good Poision Damage and Venoshock will destory them Or I can take out Psychics or Ghosts with Shadow Ball. I also ran Item Black Sludge in case of trick. My Freind did what you did only T bolt instead of Pain Split. and Disable over Focus Blast

I would replace Focus Blast with Venoshock but focus blast was there to cover Gengar's weaknesses etc, cos it covers alot . I know venoshock is like one of the best moves for a poison team
    And really want one move to be something that will cripple the opponent.... disable is nice

I have a Poison team and right away, you're going to need to cover your two main weaknesses if you hope to survive. A Psychic Immunity and a Ground Immunity are a must - you have one of those in Weezing, as well as Crobat and Gengar. Try and fit Drapion and/or Skunktank in the team somehow. The latter can Pursuit AND Sucker Punch, so it's pretty much an anti-Psychic Pokemon.

I advise mixing it up a with some other dual types. Potentially a Roserade or a Tentacruel that can be used to set up Toxic Spikes, or Rapid Spin away other entry hazards.
    I stream Pokémon episodes and movies at least once a week, follow @PKMNProfessor on Twitter to receive updates on when I'm streaming! (I also tweet any interesting Pokemon based news stories, facts and what I'm currently doing in-game.)

Ace PKMN Trainer PKMN Trainer Spencer's Avatar
    Add PKMN Trainer Spencer on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Meli View Post
    i was thinking about making a posion team in the future for more competitive battling maybe... So i was thinking if this team would work... THIS IS OU, althou it looks more like NU i know.
    so it would go like this

or

As a lead with leftovers

To set up spikes and stuff
    Only Toxic Spikes since its poison team
    It would be something like this

1. Toxic Spikes
    2. Earthquake/Superpower or something
    3. Sucker Punch/Poison Jab
    4. Dragon Tail/Taunt/Venoshock

HP/Defence EVs for Drapion and Defence/ Spattack or attack for Nidoqueen

Battle Armor for Drapion and Poison Point for Nidoqueen

as
    special sweeper...
    With this moveset

1. Hex/Dream Eater (if 4th is hypnosiss)
    2. Shadow Ball
    3. Dark Pulse/Sucker Punch??
    4. Hidden Power Ice??/Hypnosis

Idk what moves he should have i wanted to cover his weaknesses somehow , to bug ground and dark.

Speed and Special attack EVS

Ability Levitate

Idk about his item...

this thing LOL as a defensive wall ^^ item - leftovers. i know its i think the lowest tier but i still think its good for a defensive wall and for crippling or suiciding etc

1. Memento/Destiny Bond/Selfdestruct maybe.. it depends on its role
    2. Sludge Wave/Thunderbolt
    3. Pain Split
    4. Toxic/Will o wisp

Levitate with all Evs in Defence and HP

as a sweeper

with:
    1. Swords Dance
    2. Drain Punch
    3. Fake Out/Sucker Punch
    4. Poison Jab/Earthquake

EVs in Speed and Attack
    Ability Anticipation and item Life Orb...

Arbok as an annoyer

1. Coil/Taunt
    2. Sucker Punch/Payback
    3. Gunk Shot/Earthquake
    4. Substitute/Glare

EVs in special defence and HP and attack/speed
    with leftovers
    ability Intimidate

As annoyer too

withh
    1. Brave bird
    2. Confuse ray/Toxic
    3. Taunt
    4. U-turn/Super Fang/Roost

With EVs in Speed, HP and a bit in attack

Ability Inner focus, holding leftovers

It will take me ages to create it so i probably wont use it in B/W1 but i dont know. im not in a hurry but really curious about this team cos i know there are some poison teams but they dont work cos everyone is using ground pokemon and almost no one grass type... Just wanted to see what you guys think ^^
    I like the Drapion/Nidoqueen Toxic Spikes + Dragon Tail combo. A lot better then roar.

Maybe like -

Open up with the Drapion/Nidoqueen

Set up Toxic Spikes then swoop with Dragon Tail. (Or carry a Super Power if you meet ground,rock, normal, or steel or something.) Then you could carry a rest or something and change your main item to lum berry (anything that heals sleep.)

After being a server annoyance for as long as possible. Set up Crokunk to do some heavy damage. Swords Dance a few times then slam earthquake on anything that's not flying. Slam it with Drain Punch.

After this you should have done some good damage to their team w/ Life Orb boost + Drain Punch.

Carry T-Bolt on Gengar for water coverage. Focus Blast for more ground, and maybe Toxic and Hypnosis for status. (In case the spikes don't set up, or they have a spinner, or it's Steel.)

Maybe for Weezing -

Fire Blast (for your so needed grass coverage)
    Destiny Bond/ Selfdestruct for those last hoorays.
    Will-O-Wisp (for stuff that didn't get Poisned)
    Toxic (another fail safe if Spikes fail. Maybe can take the spinner out. Toxic/Will-o-wisp + Seldestruct could be destructive.)

Arbok-

Maybe something like -

Gunk Shot (Damage plus chance of damage for those Spike dodgers)
    Earthquake
    Gastro Acid (For those levitate users, then smack them with earth quake.)
    Ice Fang (It's weak but it's got a lot of coverage)

Maybe change it's EV's around make it more like a sweeper w/ 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP.

I just think it has more the move pool for it.
    Torterra I choose you!

FC: 0433 4435 4140

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN Trainer Spencer View Post
    I like the Drapion/Nidoqueen Toxic Spikes + Dragon Tail combo. A lot better then roar.

Maybe like -

Open up with the Drapion/Nidoqueen

Set up Toxic Spikes then swoop with Dragon Tail. (Or carry a Super Power if you meet ground,rock, normal, or steel or something.) Then you could carry a rest or something and change your main item to lum berry (anything that heals sleep.)

After being a server annoyance for as long as possible. Set up Crokunk to do some heavy damage. Swords Dance a few times then slam earthquake on anything that's not flying. Slam it with Drain Punch.

After this you should have done some good damage to their team w/ Life Orb boost + Drain Punch.

Carry T-Bolt on Gengar for water coverage. Focus Blast for more ground, and maybe Toxic and Hypnosis for status. (In case the spikes don't set up, or they have a spinner, or it's Steel.)

Maybe for Weezing -

Fire Blast (for your so needed grass coverage)
    Destiny Bond/ Selfdestruct for those last hoorays.
    Will-O-Wisp (for stuff that didn't get Poisned)
    Toxic (another fail safe if Spikes fail. Maybe can take the spinner out. Toxic/Will-o-wisp + Seldestruct could be destructive.)

Arbok-

Maybe something like -

Gunk Shot (Damage plus chance of damage for those Spike dodgers)
    Earthquake
    Gastro Acid (For those levitate users, then smack them with earth quake.)
    Ice Fang (It's weak but it's got a lot of coverage)

Maybe change it's EV's around make it more like a sweeper w/ 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP.

I just think it has more the move pool for it.
    Actually i think i will do what ShadowBlaziken said and i will use Crobat with a Taunt as my lead (i also replaced my Ferrothorn with Aerodactyl in my main team), because of taunt (duhhh) and also this Rain Dance for Toxicroak but if i pick Nidoqueen and i probably will i will run Dragon Tail on it. Also i know Arbok is really week and NU but i think its really cool ;P lol i HATE it being weak and never used so im gonna try to use it in OU, i dont care if i fail haard ;D
    I love ShadowBlaziken's moveset for it (gastro acid, switcheroo) cos it sounds really complicated and tactical ;D But... i dont think Arbok can survive a hit lol. And making it a sweeper would be even worse cos of its very poor attacking statistics... I was gonna make it some annoying thing to cripple and stuff, the moveset i made in my first post was just to fill the space cos i knew i will need some advices anyways...
    I know i should just get rid of it lol... but i think its so cool and it gets no lovee, it was Jessies pokemon in generation 1 and it was so cute.

For gengar i was thinking:
    @???
    1. Substitute
    2. Shadow Ball
    3. Focus Blast/Thunderbolt
    4. Pain Split/Thunderbolt/Disable/Something unpredictable

And by the way
    I was thinking about this move set for Toxicroak... @black sludge

1. Drain Punch
    2. Substitute
    3. Bulk up / sword dance
    4. Stone Edge (?:P)

Basically as you can see, only 2 pokemon in this OU team are OU and both are sweepers so i should build this team around them i guess, somehow
    Last edited by Meli; 3rd July 2012 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    I have a Poison team and right away, you're going to need to cover your two main weaknesses if you hope to survive. A Psychic Immunity and a Ground Immunity are a must - you have one of those in Weezing, as well as Crobat and Gengar. Try and fit Drapion and/or Skunktank in the team somehow. The latter can Pursuit AND Sucker Punch, so it's pretty much an anti-Psychic Pokemon.

I advise mixing it up a with some other dual types. Potentially a Roserade or a Tentacruel that can be used to set up Toxic Spikes, or Rapid Spin away other entry hazards.
    I was considering SKunktank btu its weird its high HP yet its more a sweeper than a wall.... I dont know what i should replace it for. I could use more dark or ghost moves i guess. And tentacruel is way too powerful!!lol But seriously i know he would go well with this team because of rain dance and all but im not sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast