Please evaluate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please evaluate

Its dangerous to go alone King Eriandor's Avatar

Default Please evaluate

I've finally got a good team coming together but I could use some suggestions. Here is the team thus far.

Politoad (Bubbl) holding ???
    A: Drizzle
    N: Modest
    Moves:
    Hydro Pump
    Ice beam
    Surf
    Psychic

Makes rain, destroys any lead sweepers, faints.

Toxicroak (Acitoad) holding leftovers
    A: dry skin
    N: Modest
    Moves:
    Substitute
    Drain punch
    Poison Jab (maybe change for rock slide. ... only maybe)
    Sucker Punch

This guy has no Def or Sp.Def at all. But he does have the speed to make a substitute. Sucker punch is good on double S-E psychic types drain punch/ Poison jab everything else. Rain + dry skin + leftovers + Drain punch is good for healing. Bubbl's surf will also heal while dealing damage to opponents.

Ferrothorn (Weedy) holding Big root
    A: Iron barbs
    N: Careful
    Moves:
    ingrain
    leech seed
    protect
    Gyro ball/Power whip

leech seed and iron barbs whittle down foes HP while leech seed and ingrain restore my own. irritatingly weak to fire and fighting (although rain weakens the fire.

Hydreigon (Mique) (unknown item)
    A: Levitate
    N: Mild
    Moves
    Draco meteor
    surf
    fire blast
    Focus Blast

this guy is my pseudo lead sweeper to aid bubbl.

Accelgor (UndrArmour) holding focus sash
    A: Hydration
    N: Timid
    Moves:
    Toxic
    substitute
    rest
    bug buzz

Uses substitute then rest. Hydration heals from rest at end of turn. Toxic to poison foes and bug buzz for STAB damage.

Amoongus (DoomShroom)(plants vs zombies name!) holding shell bell
    A: effect spore
    N: unknown (preferrably modest)
    Moves:
    Giga drain
    Spore
    venoshock
    Rage powder

Mainly a support pokemon, ammongus helps accelgor sub by using rage powder and then follows it up by using venoshock on pokemon poisoned by ether accelgor or by effect spore, gigadrain on water, ground and rock types and spore on whatever is left.

I like this party because it uses both weather effects and status effects to my own advantage.

please gimme feedback.
    FC. 2580 2562 7715.

Team status
    Capturing in progress
    EV training incomplete
    Last edited by King Eriandor; 23rd May 2012 at 06:44 PM.

Default Re: Please evaluate

It's Ok, difficult to say with EV's. You'll get far enough on the Subway and as I figure this is the aim, it should be an in-game thread?
    White FC: 0519 0378 5394

This team is not for battle subway (my BSubway team includes an amazing gigalith)
    This team is for nationals in a few weeks. I still haven't ev trained as my first post states because I'm hoping for suggestions.
    Last edited by King Eriandor; 20th May 2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: added the word team.

Blog Entries

Since this is apparently competitive, please post what you think would be good EVs, since then we have a better idea of your strategy. We'll help you from there, but remember that there's little we can do without knowing a Pokémon's purpose in the team.

Made by Blue Dragon!

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

Ok so I use a rain team and let me tell you that if you replace your Toxicroak's Substitute wtih Rock Slide you will be safer Also Replace Poision Jab with Bulk Up. If a Ghost type is to come at you your Toxicroak will not do well even with Sukckerpunch. They might have a Frosslass in Hail that sets Up sub and without rockslide you are doomed. Just My Opinion though. Politoad should have hypnosis for kicks and giggles in my opinion :p it is kinda funny. Ludicolo is also beast in the rain.

actually I originally trained this team to counter my friends ludicolo. After that I decided I liked the team and went with it.
    Now, to answer thundage's request.

Bubbl: is going to be trained for Sp. attack so that his ice beam will actualy make a dent in double-weak dragons.
    Toxicroak: is going for attack to make drain punch more effective and speed so I can sub before getting destroyed by a psychic move.
    Weedy: will most likely be trained for HP and attack (his Defences is covered by his type and by his base stats)

Just as a note to jacel, my strategy is to hide behind a sub boefore I get attacked, because acitoad has really low def and spdef. surf and rain will heal toxicroak with dry skin and I will fight to win. froslass are not a problem because I am using gigalith until I can find 2 more party members.
    sucker punch is the most powerful priority move (tied with extremespeed) plus it is super effective on the annoying psychic types, I actually nearly beat a froslass with acitoad on random matchup just yesterday. I had it at 1 hp (and poisoned) with both my bubbl and acitoad at full hp and a substitute protecting acitoad. Not surprisingly, my opponent forefited.
    Last edited by King Eriandor; 22nd May 2012 at 03:31 PM.

It's tragedy on a bun. Poke Prophet's Avatar

I'd give toxicroak black sludge instead of leftovers for those random trick users like porygon-z and rotom. Also instead of earthquake on politoed, which may as well be an empty moveslot if you're going to make it a special attacker and it would hurt your team mates (I'm assuming since you said surf would heal toxicroak it's a doubles team), give him focus blast because of pokemon that would neutralize almost all its moves save for the resisted ice beam like gastrodon or water absorb lapras or quagsire.

I'd also like to make mention of professor jacel's idea for rock coverage for froslass. I'm pretty sure I've made mention before about my toxicroak once being walled by my brother's substitute froslass because my sucker punches couldn't land, but I don't think that rock slide is necessary, unless you just want a move that hits two pokemon in one go, but I digress. Since it has poison jab it should be fine taking on any other sub-ghost types save Gengar, but I would like to mention that you might get into trouble trying substitute in doubles. It's kind of a high risk tactic seeing as how you could be targeted by two of your opponents pokemon at once, meaning losing your sub and potentially losing you substituter or your other pokemon.

All that being said I'd still love to help you test your team if you would like. Just hit me up if your interested.

good points, I'll try and find space for rock slide and switch leftovers for sludge. I might give politoad psychic because focus blast has irritatingly low accuracy.
    actually I have another request, when I started this team It was more based around my Accelgor with hydration, holding focus sash.
    He would also use substitute, followed by rest (to heal him), then hydration would wake him up and I would attack from there. The problem was that his defence was way too weak and subbing only works for 1 turn. Maybe a "follow me" or "rage powder" user might help my party.

If you go Rage Powder use an Amoongus... That thing is an HP boss can take a hit and then Get HP back with Giga Drain. I use it effectively and it really works out. If you wanted to keep a special ground move on Politoad I use Mud Shot or Mud Bomb. I know they are not super powerful or highly accurate but it helps alot. Also Idk if you would want to but I have my Hydregion to know Dark Pulse since its stab. I could give you a Male Gyardos with it so you could breed it on to your Hydregion but that is just a suggestion.

I also have a Rain Team to and might Send you the Details in a PM if that is allright just so we can compare. I'd Like to know what you think of mine!

Hydreigon currently holds 3rd place for most trained (by level) pokemon in my pc (gigalith-1st [lv10-100] blaziken-2nd[egg-88]) and he is so hard to evolve that I really don't want to go through all that trouble again.

I like the amoongus Idea so how's this:
    Amoongus (DoomShroom)(Pvz referance) holding shell bell
    A:effect spore
    N: ?
    Moves:
    giga drain
    rage powder
    spore
    venoshock

Ev train for Hp/Sp.attack

Main purpose for existing is as accelgor's partner and for rage powder, but spore is fun too. venoshock to support accelgor's toxic and giga drain is for healing (+Hp with shell bell) and for water types, rage powder will buy accelgor time for a sub and spore will troll opponents to sleep.

Actually, I like it!

Yep that is a Beast Amoongus Hands Down.

Thanks!
    I'm refreshing my party on the first post.

Do you want to have a battle and try it out???

I don't have it yet.

Ahh Ok.

Here is the Link to My Rain Team if you want to look at it. http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f521/my-official-rain-team-133176/
    Last edited by Professor Jacel; 24th May 2012 at 02:10 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast