Play against gym leaders! Bulbagarden Battle League: Season 0 [DONE]

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Play against gym leaders! Bulbagarden Battle League: Season 0 [DONE]

Blog Entries

Default Play against gym leaders! Bulbagarden Battle League: Season 0 [DONE]

Welcome to the unofficial Bulbagarden Battle League! This is a project that some members have been working on over the past few weeks to set up a battle league here in the forums. We are still in the initial phase of hashing it out but we've decided to perform a trial run to show you guys how it works!

The Bulbagarden Battle League (BBL) will consist of 18 gyms specializing in each of the 18 elemental types. Challengers will go through the league in an attempt to defeat the gym leaders, doing so gives them the opportunity to challenge the Elite Four! The Elite 4 will be picked from the 18 gym leaders so there will be 14 gyms to challenge and going along with the flavor of the Pokemon games, a challenger needs to acquire 8 victories from any of the gyms in order to battle the Elite Four.

This is a great and fun way to learn more about battling and to test your Pokemon teams against our gym leaders!

Format: Single Battle, Normal Rules
    Clauses:
    - Species Clause
    - Sleep Clause
    - Item Clause
    - No legendary Pokemon
    - Evasion Clause
    - Moody banned
    - OHKO Clause
    - Pokemon above OU are banned
    - Drizzle + Swift Swim allowed
    - Gengarite banned
    - Kangaskhanite banned

League:
    - A challenger will go through the league using a team of 6 Pokemon. This team may not be changed throughout the duration of the challenge.
    - Challengers may fight against the gym leaders in any order.
    - Gym leaders may change their lineup without prior notice.
    - If a challenger loses, they may not request a rematch with that gym leader until 24 hours have passed.

Battles:
    - Any battle between a challenger and gym leader is recognized as an official gym battle.
    - Send notifications to gym leaders before challenging them to a battle. No random battle requests.
    - After the battle a report of the outcome must be made (through a post in the proper thread) to authenticate the result.
    - Any disruption of a battle will award the victory to the gym leader. Any persistent issues with disconnection may be brought up with the BBL.
    - A disconnected match will count as a battle and rematches will follow the same mechanic as above.
    - Be courteous and respectful to your opponent.

*Team lineups of challengers will not be shared between gym leaders. Once you defeat another gym, a battle video will be sent to the first gym to verify your team. Any issues may be brought up with the BBL.

*This is a preliminary launch so rules are subject to change*
    -------------
    Gym leaders:
    Psychic [sharkshocker]
    3DS FC: 3394-3742-8499
    Trainer name: Kevin

Dark [-Glory Blaze-]
    3DS FC: 1332-8521-9290
    Trainer Name: Serena

Water [AnybodyAgrees]
    3DS FC: 4725-8612-4948
    Trainer Name: Samuel

*We are looking for gym leaders to fill in for some of the types, send a PM if you are interested!
    -------------
    When signing up please provide your 3DS FC and trainer name. Feel free to ask any questions and good luck with your battles!

Participants: Upon defeating a gym leader a shall be placed next to your trainer name.
    superbobbobbob3 Hayden 0061-0809-4165
    redtown Zelgy
    GastlyGibus Alex 0361-6821-0348
    X Dragoon Cobalt 5026-4464-6733
    Alzor Alex 2363-6506-3033
    Codface John 2509-1135-8311
    Winnermillion Winner 4811-7021-6103
    Peaceful Giraffe Evie 1478-4451-8751
    Dark Chocolate 하나미야 3454-1450-7119
    DJ Omega Omega 5026-4754-1861
    Cloud Strife718 Maverick 3582-9334-1839
    JustTheFx Jeffay 2466-2920-6005
    I400 Trainer Name 2251-5426-9129
    Last edited by sharkshocker; 12th January 2014 at 11:57 PM.

Default Re: Sign up for the Battle League!

This sounds awesome, just got a few questions I'll send in a pm hopefully tomorrow if I can get on.

Blog Entries

I can be a Fire type gym leader I just need Pokèmon box so I can get my other fire types

Emmet and Ingo. APPROVED CherrimPrincess's Avatar

This sounds pretty cool, but I don't think I'm good enough of a battler for now.

If Nintendo ever needs to make money, all they need to do is make Prof. Sycamore dolls. I lot of us really wouldn't mind. ^_^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redtown View Post
    This sounds awesome, just got a few questions I'll send in a pm hopefully tomorrow if I can get on.
    Sure thing :)
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBlader15 View Post
    I can be a Fire type gym leader I just need Pokèmon box so I can get my other fire types
    I'll send you a PM about how the gym leaders will work, but for now you're free to participate in this demo as a challenger :)
    Quote Originally Posted by CherrimPrincess View Post
    This sounds pretty cool, but I don't think I'm good enough of a battler for now.
    Thank you, we're trying to gear this so that it appeals to varying degrees of battling skill. This is a good opportunity to experience competitive battling and at the same time live through the adventure of fighting against gym leaders.

You're more than welcome to participate in this demo and see how it is. But if you feel you are not ready yet, we do plan on doing multiple iterations of this so you can participate in the future when you feel up to it :D

The Badassest Gardevoir BadAssGardevoir's Avatar

Can I be the Fighting or Fairy gym leader (preferably Fighting)? Also I don't have a team ready as of this post so when do I need it by? Oh, one more thing: can you use multiple pokemon holding a Mega stone, say Lucario and Heracros?
    Last edited by BadAssGardevoir; 11th December 2013 at 04:49 AM.
    Bulbagarden Battle leauge Fairy Gym Leader (THIS IMPLIES NOTHING!) and temporary Bug Gym leader.

Claims:Zorua, Naght daze and Stance change.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alzor View Post
    Can I be the Fighting or Fairy gym leader (preferably Fighting)? Also I don't have a team ready as of this post so when do I need it by? Oh, one more thing: can you use multiple pokemon holding a Mega stone, say Lucario and Heracros?
    Thanks for your interest in being a gym leader! We already have a Fighting-type leader but the Fairy-type gym is still available. Most of us are still working on our teams but we'd prefer to have them ready by the start of the new year.

You can only Mega-Evolve one Pokemon per battle, even if another Pokemon is holding a Mega Stone they wouldn't be able to use it.

For you and @FireBlader15 I'd prefer that you guys participate in this demo as challengers just so we can get a feel of how you are as a battler before adding you on as gym leaders.

The BBL Challenger superbobbobbob3's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Could I be the Steel type gym leader, I am experienced with competive battling before and have a good steal type team.
    If you want me to particapate in the demo I will do that if I need to.
    FC: 0061-0809-4165
    Trainer Name: Hayden

Blog Entries

Also as a gym leader do you need 6 pokemon and can you only use pokemon from kalos?
    Last edited by superbobbobbob3; 11th December 2013 at 09:59 AM.

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by superbobbobbob3 View Post
    Also as a gym leader do you need 6 pokemon and can you only use pokemon from kalos?
    We've got Steel already. These are the types we still need:

10- Dragon
    11- Electric
    12- Fire
    13- Ghost
    14- Poison
    15- Normal
    16- Ice
    17- Rock
    18- Fairy

All BBL Gym Battles are 6v6 Singles with any Pokemon that is in the OU or below tiers of Smogon being allowed. That means the entire National Dex barring Mega Gengar, Blaziken, Mewtwo, Xerneas, Arceus, Deoxys and Deoxys-Attack, Darkrai, Dialga, Giratina and Giratina-Origin, Shaymin-Sky, Dialga, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, White Kyurem, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Pokemon with Moody (who are legal when using a different ability).

Blog Entries

Could I be the Electric type gym leader in that case (I will need time making the team).
    Last edited by superbobbobbob3; 12th December 2013 at 09:46 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by superbobbobbob3 View Post
    Could I be the Electric type gym leader in that case (I will need time making the team).
    Go through the demo so we can see how you are as a battler, and try to have an Electric team ready by early January if you're planning to sign on as a gym leader. For now I'll add you as a challenger.

The Badassest Gardevoir BadAssGardevoir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharkshocker View Post
    Thanks for your interest in being a gym leader! We already have a Fighting-type leader but the Fairy-type gym is still available. Most of us are still working on our teams but we'd prefer to have them ready by the start of the new year.

You can only Mega-Evolve one Pokemon per battle, even if another Pokemon is holding a Mega Stone they wouldn't be able to use it.

For you and @FireBlader15 I'd prefer that you guys participate in this demo as challengers just so we can get a feel of how you are as a battler before adding you on as gym leaders.
    Just wondering, if I'm hoping to be the Fairy Gym leader should I chellenge this demo Leauge with my Fairy type team or some other team? Im pretty sure I know the answer but still...
    Last edited by BadAssGardevoir; 18th December 2013 at 06:29 AM.
    Bulbagarden Battle leauge Fairy Gym Leader (THIS IMPLIES NOTHING!) and temporary Bug Gym leader.

Claims:Zorua, Naght daze and Stance change.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alzor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkshocker View Post

Just wondering, if I'm hoping to be the Fairy Gym leader should I chellenge this demo Leauge with my Fairy type team or some other team? Im pretty sure I know the answer but still...
    You don't have to use your Fairy team if you're going through the demo, but if you want to you're more than welcome to do so.

Blog Entries

Follow GastonGibus on Tumblr Visit GastonGibus's Youtube Channel

Is this in-game challenging or is it going to be via some third-party software like Pokemon Showdown?

Also, this sounds really fun! I'd love to be a ghost gym leader, but I don't have my ghost team ready yet, and it'll probably take some time before it is ready. How do I participate in the demo?
    "How can you read this? There's no pictures!"

|No one writes like Gaston!|
    |It's Electric: Cranking it to Eleven || A New Life - For Better or Worse|

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast