Perfect IVs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perfect IVs?

Default Perfect IVs?

How many of you members here go for the perfect IVs or at least 2 or 3 specific max IVs?

and do you go for them on the legendaries?

Zodiac Trainer VI PKMN Trainer Virgo's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow PKMN Trainer Virgo On Twitter Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on Facebook Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on Google+ Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on MySpace
    Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on Linkedin Follow PKMN Trainer Virgo on Tumblr Follow PKMN Trainer Virgo on Flickr Visit PKMN Trainer Virgo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Perfect IVs?

I'm replaying everything [Ruby, Pearl, SoulSilver, and Black] just to perfect my team. I'm not leaving N's castle till I know Reshiram is Modest, has perfect IVs in SP ATK, and is caught in a Premier Ball.

You only go for one perfect IV?

I've been trying to go for 2 for my Bagon, but its quite hard -_-

and I wanna work on a Thundurus next, but I'm not sure that would be an easy task for him so I may just try to get him to have a good nature.

Zodiac Trainer VI PKMN Trainer Virgo's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow PKMN Trainer Virgo On Twitter Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on Facebook Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on Google+ Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on MySpace
    Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on Linkedin Follow PKMN Trainer Virgo on Tumblr Follow PKMN Trainer Virgo on Flickr Visit PKMN Trainer Virgo's Youtube Channel

It would make sense to get them all now that you say it; what I most concern about is whether to get Typhlosion with all perfect IVs or try to influence them so that he has a perfect 70 Grass HP...while still keeping his perfect SP ATK IV.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

I only do it for breeding competive Pokemon, and I have someone breed perfect parents to do that. I don't think it's fair to use totally perfect Pokemon. If I ever enter a competive battling compition, I'll use my Pokemon that I breed myself, even if everyone else uses pefect Pokemon hacked off of Pokegen.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Blog Entries

I make them all perfect, as you never know when that one tiny number is going to make the difference between surviving or not.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Lately, I've been striving for 31 IVs in at least one stat in my most recent breeding projects. I even got three 31s on my Choice Banded Infernape; it's Jolly with 31 in Attack, Speed, and Sp. Attack (the last one was a lucky coincidence, XD).
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I genereally used to go for 3, before i stopped breeding and took up rng'ing and using pokecheck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

I have just ONE Pokemon I breeded fairly to have flawless IVs. That's one headache I'll never go through again, thanks to AR. "OTL
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

I pulled off a Modest 31 IV Special Attack Reshiram my first one. I didn't even know until later.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but RNGing is a simple way to get perfect IV/Shiny/Nature Pokemon. I have breded Pokemon for Iv's, but I find RNGing better, just because it's far less time consuming. Also RNGing is legal at official Pokemon VG events, when Pokegen is not, does this help?
    sheercold.com

Blog Entries
    Add Hedface on Facebook
    Visit Hedface's Youtube Channel

In my current game (Black 2) I have hatched well over 1000 eggs because I refuse to use a Pokemon that has less than 3 perfect IVs in the stats that I want. Yes, it's time consuming, but it makes for overall better Pokemon. Ex: I bred my Volcarona for perfect IVs in Special Attack and Speed. Although its Special Attack is maxed and its Speed is great, I should have waited to find one that was also perfect in Special Defense. It has major problems taking a hit. Ever since, I have bred for at least 3, and 4 sometimes if it especially lacks in both Defense departments.
    I don't care so much for legendaries, as I breed teams for my friends' Gym Leader battles where legendaries are not allowed.
    I also have almost unlimited time on my hands to do this, as I am employed at a place that allows me to play Pokemon, browse Facebook, or watch TV at my leisure. Not everyone has the time resources I do, as sad as that is.

I'll do 3 or 4 perfect IVs. I find that reasonable. 5 would take 800-1600 eggs based on parent quality and 6 well when I see someone with a legit flawless I assume they lieing since its around 60,000 to 1.

3-4 outstandings usually good enough for me.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

If I breed the Pokemon, I go for 2 to 3 perfect IVs. I always go either for beneficial natures, or neutral natures depending on the stats of the Pokemon.

For Legendaries, I don't go for perfect IVs, but I usually go for a balanced IV set, with the highest IV at 20+ and the lowest IV ranges, depending on how good the other IVs are. Like my Cobalion, it's highest IV is 30 in Attack, but it's lowest is 0 IV in HP, but I'm willing to allow that sense it's Defences are 25+ (I think). I always go either for beneficial natures, or neutral natures depending on the stats of the Pokemon.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Blog Entries

I RNG so I can pre determine my IVs/nature/shiniess without cheating. I have a thread up where I trade them for certain items. If you are interested, check out my thread.

Offering: The istore...news updates + new pokemon 12/3/12

Retired RNGer. May pick up again in the future.
    What

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast