OU Trying Out Hail.

Thread: OU Trying Out Hail.

Post Thanks / Like

Default OU Trying Out Hail.

Viewing Pokemon replay: oucurrent7586504

Well Here is the first battle I had with it so if you want to know how I played with it here it is. I never have tried hail but I decided I would go with it and see what happens. Here is the team I use any suggestions are welcome. I want to thank Takaki for you Recommendation on my Rain Team. The Jirachi is quite beast!

Obamasnow (Abomasnow) (M) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Snow Warning
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 Atk / 144 SAtk / 112 Spd
    Lonely Nature
    - Blizzard
    - Ice Shard
    - Wood Hammer
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    Here is the Mixed Attacker set for Abomasnow. I like it helps counter out rain users alot!

Mitt Romney (Mamoswine) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Thick Fat
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Shard
    - Icicle Crash
    - Earthquake
    My SR Mamoswine. I do not always set up Rocks but occasionally I can which helps other than that I use him to take down. Thundurs T Landorus/Landorus T(As Long as there is no intimidate on me) and Tornadus T. He helps take down a lot of Dragons as well.

Squidward (Tentacruel) (M) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 HP / 20 Spd / 236 Def
    Bold Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam
    I put My Tentacruel on as a Rapid Spinner/ Toxic Spikes. Toxic Spikes helps poison some but not all. Scald was for Stab/Burn and then Ice Beam is coverage. I can Baton Pass Calm Mind onto my Tentacruel to make it a bit more offensive!!

Espeon (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
    Timid Nature
    - Substitute
    - Baton Pass
    - Calm Mind
    - Psyshock
    This is my Baton Pass/ Calm Mind Espeon Helps put SpcA and Def on Abomasnow/Tentacruel or Magnezone. I can use it offensively to if I can get behind the sub and set up on calm minds. Dark Types prove a threat since I cannot hit them but I make sure she is never by herself when one remains on the team so I do not get stuck.

Sir Pickles (Infernape) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Iron Fist
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Flare Blitz
    - U-turn
    - Mach Punch
    Infernape is my Heavy Hitter helps me knock out steel types and when Up Against a Sun Team the Increase in Flare Blitz Damage is nice!!

Magnezone @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Substitute
    - Flash Cannon
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Magnezone helps lock in the other steel types!! I have the sub on him incase I do not get to pass over one one Espeon! Good Special Hitter!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visit Wiilio's Youtube Channel

Default Re: OU Trying Out Hail.

What is your answer to Volcarona, particularly the variants that have Hidden Power Ground?

Post Thanks / Like

I have not encountered any thus far but as I look over I suppose I do not have a good counter for that at all.

I only have played a couple battles with this team though so that is why I have not had to battle one yet!
    Last edited by EdricTheSpy; 11th January 2013 at 12:36 AM.

mostly just a recluse
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

sorry that this is sort of late, but i'd definitely recommend using a scarf terrakion in place of infernape. the 'ape doesn't really seem to do much for your team that a scarf terrakion wouldn't. in addition, it's a solid solution to volcarona, which seems to plague your team at the moment. i'd recommend close combat / rock slide / stone edge / x-scissor with a jolly nature, though you can change rock slide to earthquake if you find jirachi to be a problem. with that being said, you now have four fighting weaknesses. imo fighting mons really seem to be the scourge of hail teams, or even mons with fighting moves. sheer force landorus seems to cause some problems for you as well; although it doesn't really get much of a chance to switch in, once it's in i can see it being a headache for you. to remedy this issue, i think some sort of latias would be beneficial in place of espeon; although espeon does have magic bounce, you have a rapid spinner, and i think that magic bounce + spin is a little redundant. having that latias on your team gives you the benefit of a fighting resistance with reliable recovery, something that espeon fails to provide. my favorite set for a defensive latias is thunder wave / dragon pulse / recover / reflect with 252 hp / 4 def / 252 spd timid. this allows you to outrun terrakion and landorus at +0 and either set up a reflect or, in the case of terrakion, paralyze it. i really like this latias set because, unlike most other sets, it doesn't really have to worry much about tyranitar, often the scourge of bulky psychics, but that's beside the point.

one other thing that i noticed was that you seem to lack something to take hits from dragons. while magnezone resists steel, it won't appreciate taking boosted outrages and draco meteors at all (for example, specs latios dm does 64% min). although latios doesn't want to come in on anything now, i think it's still a legitimate threat. to be perfectly honest, i don't really see that much utility in using magnezone on this team anymore. in its place, you could probably get away with running some sort of jirachi with like calm mind / wish / flash cannon or psyshock / thunderbolt @ leftovers with a bold nature, 252 hp / 224 def / 32 spd. this helps a bit with dragons and also gives you a tool against stall teams. it also works very well with the toxic spikes that tentacruel will lay down, and if the stall doesn't have a spinner or a tspikes absorber (unfortunately, opposing tentacruel fill that station well), you'll have very few problems with it.

i'm extremely tired right now and i'm not exactly a good team rater, so take this advice with a grain of salt. good luck.

** note that you can use hp [fire] over reflect or thunder wave on latias if you find scizor to be a problem
    Last edited by scheisskopf; 17th January 2013 at 12:01 AM. Reason: prose corrections, everything's still spotty, but w/e