Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Default Re: The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cannspec2 View Post
    Pursuit still hits for double if the Pokemon switches out with Volt Switch, and since U-Turn is just a Bug version, it still applies. Not sure about Baton Pass.
    No, it doesn't. Pursuit has its regular power and priority against Pokemon that switch using those moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
    Could anybody please rate my Mienshao? I'd appreciate it.
    (It's on the previous page)
    I don't see Bulk Up doing an awful lot for Mienshao considering how frail it is, if you want to use it as a sweeper that can pass boosts then I'd go with Swords Dance or Substitute instead. I'd also replace U-turn with Stone Edge, as it is more or less redundant with Baton Pass. Life Orb is also preferable to Wide Lens, the 30% power boost is liable to win more games than High Jump Kick's 10% miss rate will lose you.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post

No, it doesn't. Pursuit has its regular power and priority against Pokemon that switch using those moves.
    Not against Elesa's multitude of Volt Switchers in the PWT, it doesn't. My game specifically said, "Zebstrika returned to its Trainer!" followed by "Metang used Pursuit!"

So, at the very least, it still had the priority boost.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post
    How's this for a Lopunny set?

Jolly / Assault Vest / Klutz
    248 HP / 8 Sp. Defense / 252 Speed
    - Switcheroo
    - Encore
    - Thunder Wave
    - Healing Wish

This is basically her Klutz set from before, but this time, it takes advantage of a new toy: the Assault Vest, which gives its holder a 50% boost to Special Defense, but also acts as a permanent Taunt on the holder, preventing it from using Status-category moves. Of course, Lopunny herself won't be affected by the Vest because of Klutz, which prevents it from using held items that actively affect the battle (things like the Amulet Coin and Power Accessories still grant their post-battle benefits in-game). Klutz is oftentimes seen as nothing but a detriment, but it actually gives Lopunny a niche all to itself: because it isn't auto-Taunted by the Vest, it's one of the very few Pokémon, if not the only, that can Trick (well, Switcheroo) an Assault Vest onto an opponent.

Pretty much any defensive Pokémon would be a big victim of the Vest leaving them with no way to heal themselves (sole exception being Poison Heal Gliscor), but there is a primary target for this Klutzy Switch: Defog users. For those who don't know, Defog got a buff in X and Y, causing it to wipe out entry hazards on both sides of the field. It does this even if the Evasion-lowering effect is bounced back by Magic Coat or Magic Bounce, so ordinarily, it's impossible to "spinblock". However, Defog is a Status move, so if its holder suddenly starts wearing an Assault Vest, the item essentially acts as a "permanent spinblock", allowing Lopunny's team to set up entry hazards without any further interferance.

I've just covered Switcheroo in that last paragraph (and the end of the first), so let's look at the other moves, which are just standard for Klutz Lopunny. Encore lets it mess with other defensive Pokémon once it slaps something with its Vest, and Thunder Wave allows it to spread paralysis around, helping a teammate pull off a sweep. It uses Healing Wish when it's done with its shenanigans, sacrificing itself to completely heal whatever steps in its place (before any entry hazards take effect, even!). This set is geared towards supporting offensive teams, clearing ground to set up for a sweep with something like (Mega) Lucario.
    I don't play competitively, but I seriously think this might be an awesome Lopunny set for in-game battles as well. I only used Agility+Baton Pass Lopunny before, but looks like this is something new I would like to try :D

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
    Could anybody please rate my Mienshao? I'd appreciate it.
    (It's on the previous page)
    I don't see Bulk Up doing an awful lot for Mienshao considering how frail it is, if you want to use it as a sweeper that can pass boosts then I'd go with Swords Dance or Substitute instead. I'd also replace U-turn with Stone Edge, as it is more or less redundant with Baton Pass. Life Orb is also preferable to Wide Lens, the 30% power boost is liable to win more games than High Jump Kick's 10% miss rate will lose you.
    All right, thanks! This could help me a lot. I'll make some changes to my Mienshao and then I'll see how it goes
    Proud claimer of Level Ball, [COLOR="#FF0000"]Houndoominite[/COLOR], Shy Guy, Jude Sharp,
    Forretress and Drill Run!
    FC: 3909-8738-0113 / IGN: Thijs / FS: ICE; Snover, Bergmite, Dewgong

Blastoise
    ['img]http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:009Blastoise.png[/img]
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Torrent

Atck: 177, Def: 204, Spec Atck: 203, Spec Def: 244, Speed: 198
    Moves:
    Hydro pump
    earthquake
    surf
    waterfall

Quote Originally Posted by -Glory Blaze- View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by akaiclone02 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by -Glory Blaze- View Post
    Blaziken is banned. Also, without Speed Boost you pretty much need a Mega Stone to function in battle, but a Speed Boost Blaziken with Life Orb or Focus Sash would be even better. You can get a Speed Boost Torchic form the XY launch event and then breed your own with good IVs and Nature if you want to use it in Ubers.
    Wish I could but I can't afford a 3DS or Pokemon X & Y
    And I didn't know Blazeiken was banned
    Thought you were talking about XY since you mentioned the Dream a world being gone, I see you mean that it's just closed and you are on BW(2). In that case, I can't help you. Blaziken is both an uber and worthless without Speed Boost, sorry.
    :(
    well thanks anyway

Blog Entries

Visit BadAssKoala's Youtube Channel

I want a mega charizard x on my team. I'm having trouble with its moves so far I've come up with this.

Nature: Adamant
    Item:Charizardite X
    Ability:Tough Claws
    EVs: 252 attack and speed 4 HP
    Moves
    -Outrage
    -Swords Dance
    -Flare Blitz
    -Earthquake

Any advice?

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssKoala View Post
    I want a mega charizard x on my team. I'm having trouble with its moves so far I've come up with this.

Nature: Adamant
    Item:Charizardite X
    Ability:Tough Claws
    EVs: 252 attack and speed 4 HP
    Moves
    -Outrage
    -Swords Dance
    -Flare Blitz
    -Earthquake

Any advice?
    Dragon Dance>Swords Dance

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So this is my Azumarill set.

Azumarill
    Adamant/Jolly (I really can't remember at the moment. I think it's Adamant.) Huge Power w/Choice Scarf
    Superpower/Play Rough/Aqua Ring/Waterfall

So as you can see, my Azumarill is Choice Scarfed and, because of that, there is literally no reason for it to know Aqua Ring. But I don't really know what to replace it with. I'm leaning towards two moves: Bulldoze and Facade.

Facade because it won't be completely useless if it gets burned.
    Bulldoze for Electric/Steel/Poison types. May be a bit redundant with Choice Scarf, though~

I'm open to any suggestions~

Sorry, I'm new to this whole competitive battling thing. Thing is I want to only focus on Bug Pokemon because I like Bug types and they're really fun to use and most of them are cute too! So, started out as a Bug Maniac... and now here's my attempt at battling. Hope you guys can give me feedback.

Scizor
    Adamant / Technician
    128 HP/ 252 Atk / 128 Def

Moveset:
    Bullet Punch
    Pursuit
    U-Turn
    Light Screen

The thing is a lot of websites tell me I should raise 252 HP/ 252 Atk but I don't get it because Scizor's HP isn't great, his Defense is better. So I split the EVs up for both. Is that wise? Also I don't get the use of Superpower in a lot of these sets, so I replaced it with Light Screen to protect against special attackers.

Let me know! Thanks.
    "I'm going to become a top-level Trainer who can't be outclassed with my beautiful and tough Bug Pokemon!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KarlG View Post
    Sorry, I'm new to this whole competitive battling thing. Thing is I want to only focus on Bug Pokemon because I like Bug types and they're really fun to use and most of them are cute too! So, started out as a Bug Maniac... and now here's my attempt at battling. Hope you guys can give me feedback.

Scizor
    Adamant / Technician
    128 HP/ 252 Atk / 128 Def

Moveset:
    Bullet Punch
    Pursuit
    U-Turn
    Light Screen

The thing is a lot of websites tell me I should raise 252 HP/ 252 Atk but I don't get it because Scizor's HP isn't great, his Defense is better. So I split the EVs up for both. Is that wise? Also I don't get the use of Superpower in a lot of these sets, so I replaced it with Light Screen to protect against special attackers.

Let me know! Thanks.
    Technically Scizor can't have Superpower at the moment because there's no move tutor in X and Y that teaches it but Superpower is a great move for Scizor because with it he can break through some pokemon that wall him like Heatran, Ferrothorn and Magnezone. Also i would remove Light Screen and teach him Swords Dance.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

Blog Entries

This is my Weavile's set.
    Adamant
    IVs in Attack and Speed

Move set:
    Swords Dance
    Ice Shard
    Night Slash
    Karate Chop
    URPG Floaroma Gym Leader!

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

@Togekissed;

To my knowledge, Weavile can't have Karate Chop. Perhaps you mean Brick Break?

Besides, Jolly is probably better on it. It can outrun so many potential killers out there (Alakazam's a prime example, at least pre-Mega Evo) when taking full advantage of its blistering Speed.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post
    @Togekissed;

To my knowledge, Weavile can't have Karate Chop. Perhaps you mean Brick Break?

Besides, Jolly is probably better on it. It can outrun so many potential killers out there (Alakazam's a prime example, at least pre-Mega Evo) when taking full advantage of its blistering Speed.
    Yeah, it's Brick Break. My bad, I was doing this from memory and all I could remember was that it had a physical fighting move.
    URPG Floaroma Gym Leader!

Not Actually A Winner Winnermillion's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This Pokemon may be a little meh, as I've never really went too far into competitive battling.

Golurk lv. 68
    Bold (IMO I think this is decent, as it helps balance his attack and defense.) / Iron Fist
    Likes to relax.
    Attack: 191
    Defense: 141
    Sp. Atk: 96
    Sp. Def: 128
    Speed: 102
    HP: 224

Moveset:
    Earthquake
    Hammer Arm
    Phantom Force
    Fly

EDIT: Do the Pokemon here have to be level 100?

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast