The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread - Page 26
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

Default Re: The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TerraTF View Post

I think you should sign up for the BBL Mentorship Program. You can find the thread on the second page or -Glory Blaze-
    will link it to you eventually.[/QUOTE]

Still, maybe Palkia should be my choice? Maybe Hydro Pump/Spacial Rend/Thunder/Blizzard will work as an offensive Water-type?

I've been having a bit of a problem choosing which evolution to use for my link battle team...but keep in mind that my team is being built around this pokemon, so it's more of a matter of how this pokemon does on its own. Although it shouldn't be important, the 2nd pokemon of the team will be a Malamar. This is gen VI.

Vileplume OR Bellossom
    Quick Claw (probably)
    Giga Drain
    Teeter Dance
    Toxic
    Stun Spore

This is going to be a build intended to shut the opponent down. My Malamar will probably come out first and use Trick Room, so speed isn't so much of a problem. (But I want to guarantee that I'll go first. All the same, does this make Quick Claw redundant?)

But anyway, this is where I hit my problem. Vileplume has lower Physical and Special Defense, but in return is Grass/Poison (instead of Bellossom's lone Grass) and gets an increased SP. Attack. I am not sure which one could last longer... Giga Drain is probably going to do a lot more damage with Vileplume, but if I chose Bellossom, do I even need the extra damage?

I'm not sure. It really seems to come down to typing. What would be more useful? I've been trying to figure it out ever since I came up with the build. (And that also includes the time spent to actually obtain a Cacnea so I could chain-breed Teeter Dance onto an Oddish, among other things which took a while to do.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Autofire View Post
    I've been having a bit of a problem choosing which evolution to use for my link battle team...but keep in mind that my team is being built around this pokemon, so it's more of a matter of how this pokemon does on its own. Although it shouldn't be important, the 2nd pokemon of the team will be a Malamar. This is gen VI.

Vileplume OR Bellossom
    Quick Claw (probably)
    Giga Drain
    Teeter Dance
    Toxic
    Stun Spore

This is going to be a build intended to shut the opponent down. My Malamar will probably come out first and use Trick Room, so speed isn't so much of a problem. (But I want to guarantee that I'll go first. All the same, does this make Quick Claw redundant?)

But anyway, this is where I hit my problem. Vileplume has lower Physical and Special Defense, but in return is Grass/Poison (instead of Bellossom's lone Grass) and gets an increased SP. Attack. I am not sure which one could last longer... Giga Drain is probably going to do a lot more damage with Vileplume, but if I chose Bellossom, do I even need the extra damage?

I'm not sure. It really seems to come down to typing. What would be more useful? I've been trying to figure it out ever since I came up with the build. (And that also includes the time spent to actually obtain a Cacnea so I could chain-breed Teeter Dance onto an Oddish, among other things which took a while to do.)
    Quick Claw relies too much on luck so its not trust worthy. There are also better grass types than both Vileplume and Bellossom. I'd personally try a M-Venusaur if you're looking for a bulky hard hitting Grass/Poison.

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

First off, Vileplume is pretty much 100% better as Bellossom is sort if mediocre in general. Second, well, no offense, but that set really won't be too effective. You can only paralyze or poison, not both, and Paralysis will make the opponent slower than you, turning your own Trick Room against you. On top of that, Confusion is finicky and unreliable and Quick If you're planning on using a Vileplume, I'd recommend a support set like this:

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
    Effect Spore
    Bold
    252 HP/4 Sp Def/252 Def
    ~Aromatherapy
    ~Moonlight
    ~Sleep Powder
    ~Sludge Bomb/Giga Drain

Thanks for the replies. I've changed up the build a bit. Note that while I'm breeding for stats, I'm not gonna say exactly what I'll get here. I'll figure that out a bit later. (But I plan to get a Modest one. Having a lowered attack stat will also mean Vileplume will take less damage from things like Foul Play and Confusion...even though those are both rare...I think.)

Vileplume with Chlorophyll, holding Black Sludge
    1. Teeter Dance
    2. Toxic
    3. Venoshock
    4. Solar Beam

Teeter Dance is as a disabling move. Part of why I am not dropping it is because it can stack with Toxic. While I will need the foe to be poisoned for Venoshock to be most effective, the Vileplume should be able to output a very large amount of damage with it.

The reason for replacing Giga Drain with Solar Beam is because I changed my planned team up a bit. I'm thinking of using my Mega Charizard Y (which has Drought) beforehand, so it will be sunny. That will synergize with both Chlorophyll and Solar Beam. Is this a bad idea? Should I try to get an Oddish with Effect Spore and let it learn Giga Drain? (Which would skew other parts of this build. Even if Effect Spore does poison, I still can't badly poison.)

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Autofire View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I've changed up the build a bit. Note that while I'm breeding for stats, I'm not gonna say exactly what I'll get here. I'll figure that out a bit later. (But I plan to get a Modest one. Having a lowered attack stat will also mean Vileplume will take less damage from things like Foul Play and Confusion...even though those are both rare...I think.)

Vileplume with Chlorophyll, holding Black Sludge
    1. Teeter Dance
    2. Toxic
    3. Venoshock
    4. Solar Beam

Teeter Dance is as a disabling move. Part of why I am not dropping it is because it can stack with Toxic. While I will need the foe to be poisoned for Venoshock to be most effective, the Vileplume should be able to output a very large amount of damage with it.

The reason for replacing Giga Drain with Solar Beam is because I changed my planned team up a bit. I'm thinking of using my Mega Charizard Y (which has Drought) beforehand, so it will be sunny. That will synergize with both Chlorophyll and Solar Beam. Is this a bad idea? Should I try to get an Oddish with Effect Spore and let it learn Giga Drain? (Which would skew other parts of this build. Even if Effect Spore does poison, I still can't badly poison.)
    Teeter Dance and Venoshock are not reliable. If you want a Chlorophyll sweeper use Sludge Bomb, Sleep Powder, Solar Beam, and Moonlight/Synthesis (I forget which one it gets xD)

Blog Entries

Oddish gets Moonlight by level up and Synthesis as an egg move

I don't believe there's much difference between the two moves, so it's mainly a matter of which one you find prettier :p

No one can destroy the Metal

Mewtwo@Mewtwonite Y
    Timid nature
    252SpA/4SpD/252Spe
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Psystrike

What two moves will give the best coverage in thr Uber metagame snd why?
    Last edited by Suicune Rider; 25th April 2014 at 05:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune Rider View Post
    Mewtwo@Mewtwonite Y
    Timid nature
    252SpA/4SpD/252Spe
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Psystrike

Likely Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball.

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Like many Pokemon with huge movepools, Mewtwo has a serious four moveslot syndrome; should I just give up on Darkrai and use both Ice Beam and Shadow Ball?
    Also, is ScarfTwo a viable revenge killer?

Blog Entries

Like many Pokemon with huge movepools, Mewtwo has a serious four moveslot syndrome; should I just give up on Darkrai and use both Ice Beam and Shadow Ball?
    Also, is ScarfTwo a viable revenge killer?
    The Calm Mind set is fine. Mewtwo is fast as it is.

YouTube|Breeding Service

ScarfTwo is a dedicated revenge killer, and my question is, what two coverage moves should sweeping Mewtwo use?

Mewtwo@Mewtwonite Y
    Timid nature
    252SpA/4SpD/252Spe
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Psystrike

As I said, Mewtwo has a serious four moveslot syndrome, so I'm having a hard time picking Mewtwo's coverage moves; I'm expecially worried about Aegislash in the Rain, which is one of the reasons I'm seriously considering Shadow Ball.

Blog Entries

Mewtwo@Mewtwonite Y
    Timid nature
    252SpA/4SpD/252Spe
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Psystrike

As I said, Mewtwo has a serious four moveslot syndrome, so I'm having a hard time picking Mewtwo's coverage moves; I'm expecially worried about Aegislash in the Rain, which is one of the reasons I'm seriously considering Shadow Ball.
    Aura Sphere for Ferrothorn and Shadow Ball for Aegislash. Ferrothorn walls the shit out of Mewtwo Y without Aura Sphere.

YouTube|Breeding Service

Aggron@Assault Vest
    Rock Head
    Careful
    252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpDef

Head Smash
    Double Edge
    Iron Head
    Curse, but it will be something else if I stick with the Assault Vest.

Well, this is an Aggron built to pummel the ever loving crap out of whatever it finds in front of it. I was really interested in utilizing the Rock Head ability with some recoil moves. In my testing so far, Head Smash has been particularly hilariously destructive. Aggron already comes with such staggeringly high physical defense that it can endure even a lot of those 4x super-effective moves, provided they're physical. The real quandary with this Aggron is what to do about that dismal special defense to keep it in the fight.

Currently this Aggron has an assault vest and beneficial nature to its SpDef, but only 4 EVs invested in SpDef. The question here is whether to do anything more/something else for that SpDef: Is it a good idea to invest some more EVs into its SpDef, and at the expense of what? If the Assault vest is ditched, what should go in its place? If I keep the vest, what move should replace Curse?

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast