The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 379
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

  1. #16
    Dark Soul Takaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    666

    Default Re: The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

    @Scheisskopf; The idea of Smack Down is to beat these things on the switch whilst still offering a viable way oh hitting still like Torney and Thundey on the switch and not nerfing his team with the gravity effect. The sets designed to lure and kill bulky skills so I'm presuming it is being used in conjunction with Stoutland in the sand. If you are using this set for any other reason then run Gravity (Or HP Ice Naive) and Stone Edge, since otherwise you can't even KO Tornadus and Thunderus-T on the switch after ricks damage.

    @Plumbumb; Leftovers really isn't needed on the set, Life Orb gives better damage output and Landorus' bulk isn't exactly great.

    Also, you could stick on HP Ice over Substitute and Naive. (Either that or put Gravity over Smack Down and Stone Edge over Sub).
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

  2. #17
    Its dangerous to go alone King Eriandor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    75 MapleRd. Sunnyshore, Sinnoh
    Posts
    223

    Default Re: Head Honchkrow

    He doesn't really have the HP for brave bird, I prefer power herbed sky attack. Foul play is also handy for those darn swords dancing scizors or other moxie users.
    ~I said heat wave but it is rather useless on honchkrow.

  3. #18
    Dark Soul Takaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    666

    Default Re: Head Honchkrow

    Power herbed Sky Attack is laughably weak compared to Brave Bird with a life orb. He isn't going to stay alive long and needs as much force as posible. Foul play is also a laughably poor option that doesn't even handle SD Scizor well.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

  4. #19
    The Badassest Gardevoir BadAssGardevoir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

    What about this Escavaleir set

    Item:Custap berry
    Megahorn
    Iron head
    Endure
    Reversal

  5. #20
    I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spying on YOU!
    Posts
    1,359
    Blog Entries
    48

    Default Re: The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

    My Electivire
    Electivire(nicnamed Wolt)
    Thunderpunch
    Fire Punch
    Ice Punch
    Earthquake
    Item: Kings Rock
    Nature: Quirky
    I know all your secrets!

    BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

  6. #21
    Why not? JLomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA, Illinois
    Posts
    273
    Blog Entries
    20

    Follow JLomb on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Palpitoad the White View Post
    My Electivire
    Electivire(nicnamed Wolt)
    Thunderpunch
    Fire Punch
    Ice Punch
    Earthquake
    Item: Kings Rock
    Nature: Quirky
    Nice nickname! I would replace ThunderPunch with Wild Charge and King's Rock with Life Orb or Expert Belt.
    Boosh!

    3DS FC: 3265-5253-3343

  7. #22
    Registered User Jason.Harvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Horse Cave KY
    Posts
    2

    Angry Re: The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

    three-stooges-1.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	the-three-stooges-1.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	87134For 1 Latios is fast w/o timid nature so change the nature to adament or something for special attack. These are the moves you need Draco Meteor, Blizzard, Psychic, & Fire Blast. (P.S. this is my Latios moveset and I beat the elite 4 in Hoenn with just this(lvl 70) and a Swampert(lvl 70)) Best for Emerald, Soulsilver, and Black 2.
    Jason Harvey

  8. #23
    Registered User Jason.Harvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Horse Cave KY
    Posts
    2

    Smile Re: The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the-three-stooges-1.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	87134Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the-three-stooges-1.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	87134For 1 Latios is fast w/o timid nature so change the nature to adament or something for special attack. These are the moves you need Draco Meteor, Blizzard, Psychic, & Fire Blast. (P.S. this is my Latios moveset and I beat the elite 4 in Hoenn with just this(lvl 70) and a Swampert(lvl 70)) Best for Emerald, Soulsilver, and Black 2.
    Jason Harvey

  9. #24
    Lord of the Whales L.L.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Camphrier Town
    Posts
    68
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

    How about this?

    Typhlosion
    Ability: Blaze
    Nature: +Speed, -Sp. Def.
    EVs: Random Spread for now
    Item: Choice Specs/Life Orb
    Moves:
    Solar Beam
    Focus Blast
    Eruption
    Flamethrower

    I almost always use him in double battles with Serperior, who uses Sunny Day right before Typhlosion. Almost always out-speeding the foes, he uses eruption powered by stab, sunny day, and an item. If there's a water, rock, or ground type, it can use sunny day to use solar beam, and focus blast was thrown in for anyone that can resist both. It's basically the same strathegy in single battles, just usually without sunny day, and more focus blasts (since eruption grows weaker with damage.)

  10. #25
    I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spying on YOU!
    Posts
    1,359
    Blog Entries
    48

    Default Re: The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

    I do not want to battle that Typhlosion.
    I know all your secrets!

    BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

  11. #26
    Silver Strategician LadyScathach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA (GMT -5)
    Posts
    279
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by L.L. View Post
    How about this?

    Typhlosion
    Ability: Blaze
    Nature: +Speed, -Sp. Def.
    EVs: Random Spread for now
    Item: Choice Specs/Life Orb
    Moves:
    Solar Beam
    Focus Blast
    Eruption
    Flamethrower

    I almost always use him in double battles with Serperior, who uses Sunny Day right before Typhlosion. Almost always out-speeding the foes, he uses eruption powered by stab, sunny day, and an item. If there's a water, rock, or ground type, it can use sunny day to use solar beam, and focus blast was thrown in for anyone that can resist both. It's basically the same strathegy in single battles, just usually without sunny day, and more focus blasts (since eruption grows weaker with damage.)
    I battled one of those in that rotationals tourney. Lucky bastard crit'd my Starmie.

    Eh, I'd suggest a Choice Scarf to boost the base 100 Spe because you are otherwise outsped by notable threats such as Starmie, Garchomp, and the musketeers. And the EV spread should have maximum investment in SpA and Spe with the remaining 6 in Def/HP. I'd also suggest Fire Blast over Flamethrower for the power bonus and the fact that you'd be Choice Locked, but if you want to run Life Orb over a Choice item and/or prefer the reliability, Flamethrower is a viable option.
    Last edited by LadyScathach; 3rd June 2013 at 12:25 PM.

  12. #27
    Lord of Chaos
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    88

    Default Re: The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

    Here's a shot, before I test it out:

    Amoonguss (M), holding Leftovers
    Ability: Regenerator
    Calm nature, 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 Sp. Def

    Giga Drain
    Leech Seed
    Spore
    ???(Possibly Hidden Power Rock to take out checking types, or Clear Smog for STAB and stat takedowns)

    The intent here is to put 'em to sleep, Seed them, and NEVER RUN OUT OF HP.

  13. #28
    Silver Strategician LadyScathach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA (GMT -5)
    Posts
    279
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus_II View Post
    Here's a shot, before I test it out:

    Amoonguss (M), holding Leftovers
    Ability: Regenerator
    Calm nature, 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 Sp. Def

    Giga Drain
    Leech Seed
    Spore
    ???(Possibly Hidden Power Rock to take out checking types, or Clear Smog for STAB and stat takedowns)

    The intent here is to put 'em to sleep, Seed them, and NEVER RUN OUT OF HP.
    Amoonguss is pretty bulky with his 114/70/80 defences, but neither the physical or special defence stats are high enough to split that EV spread and still allow Amoonguss to tank several hits. Because of this, I'd suggest that you either max out SpD or Def depending on what your team needs. The last 4 EV's can go into SpA or the other defence stat.

    The last slot will depend on your team and which tier you are using it in. If you don't have a phazer on your team, I'd suggest Clear Smog though. Otherwise.... probably Sludge Bomb to hit those pokemon that are immune to Leech.

  14. #29
    Lord of Chaos
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    88

    Default Re: The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyScathach View Post

    Amoonguss is pretty bulky with his 114/70/80 defences, but neither the physical or special defence stats are high enough to split that EV spread and still allow Amoonguss to tank several hits. Because of this, I'd suggest that you either max out SpD or Def depending on what your team needs. The last 4 EV's can go into SpA or the other defence stat.

    The last slot will depend on your team and which tier you are using it in. If you don't have a phazer on your team, I'd suggest Clear Smog though. Otherwise.... probably Sludge Bomb to hit those pokemon that are immune to Leech.
    So, not the Hidden Power Rock? I mean, it does hit Fire and Flying super effectively, both of which are Amoonguss's main counters. And for Pokemon immune to Leech Seed, there's always Giga Drain, though I can see how Clear Smog/Sludge Bomb could destroy Grass-type checkers.

  15. #30
    Silver Strategician LadyScathach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA (GMT -5)
    Posts
    279
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus_II View Post

    So, not the Hidden Power Rock? I mean, it does hit Fire and Flying super effectively, both of which are Amoonguss's main counters. And for Pokemon immune to Leech Seed, there's always Giga Drain, though I can see how Clear Smog/Sludge Bomb could destroy Grass-type checkers.
    Giga won't hit grass types hard.

    And for Flying and Fire checks, your best bet is a switch.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •