Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Default The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

We clearly have a way to post entire teams to be rated, but who here hasn't felt the urge to see what people think of their individual Pokemon? Well, this thread is here for just that. If you have a single Pokemon that you'd like rated, don't be shy; display it here for all to see!

Of course, you can post more than one Pokemon at a time. But please, save the full teams for their own threads or the In-Game Teams thread.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Default Re: The Official "Rate my One Pokemon" Thread

To start off I may as well throw out my sun based Cresselia set.

Name:  493.png
Views: 656
Size:  972 Bytes
    (Cresselia) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 152 SAtk
    Bold Nature
    - Trick Room
    - Ice Beam
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Moonlight

Under sun Cresselia becomes also impossible to kill whilst being able to slice through teams with the combination of HP fire and Ice beam despite its aggressively mediocre offensive prowess. Once opposing weather leads have gone down (if you don't require trick room for support them toxic can be run to help win the weather war) then the only Pokemon in the top ten that can wall Cresselia are Rotom-W and Heatran. The purpose of Trick Room on the set is to defeat specific threats to Cresselia with no prediction necessary. I can Trick Room as Genesect comes in and then incinerate it with HP Fire and similarly with other members of the common Volt-Turn core such as Landoris (who commonly gives sun teams problems). The evs allow a 1HKO on scizor without rocks when sun is up whilst the rest goes to bulk in order to not be bat for Tyranitar early game as well as being a good switch in to late game threats such as moxie mence.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

Pokemon Master's Degree! Pikmin1211's Avatar

Default Re: Head Honchkrow

Doesn't Krow get SuperPower from the BW2 Tutor? cause if it did...

This is an interesting set for a Cresselia since it actually is a bit offensive. I don't know if you already had a defensive core, but I personally prefer Cress to be a wall (be it physical or special). This could work I suppose, although the defensive sets work better. Besides, stalling to work around Trick Room isn't too hard, especially since this is walled by the ever-popular Heatran with 4x resistance for Ice and immunity to Fire. Perhaps a Toxic-stall version would perform better?
    Pokemon Black FC: 2752 | 2583 | 3814

It would be complete setup bait in the current metagame. The idea of this set is to lure.

Ah, lure I see. Guess I can't help you, sorry.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2752 | 2583 | 3814

Pokemon Master's Degree! Pikmin1211's Avatar

How about my (Doubles) Latios?
    Name:  381.gif
Views: 663
Size:  42.6 KB
    (Latios) (M) @ Dragon Gem
    EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic / Psyshock
    - Helping Hand / Protect

Basically, the point is to hit fast and hit hard. A Draco Meteor alone is deadly, but add Dragon Gem and a teammate using helping hand, and it kills almost anything! (I Don't think Heatran will die, but it'll leave a nice dent at least.) Ice Beam is basic coverage and Psychic / Psyshock do good STAB damage, and can hit Poisons and Fightings without having to waste DMeteor's one time smash kill. Helping Hand is a great move for doubles, but I don't think Protect would be a bad idea either. So, whattya think? (PS I like to pair him with my physical Azelf.)

@Pikmin1211; HP Fire is going to be far superior to Ice Beam here to Scizor and Protect is a lot better than helping hand. If you have ways of dealing with Scizor then run Tailwind to remain useful after firing of a Draco.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pikmin1211 View Post
    How about my (Doubles) Latios?
    Name:  381.gif
Views: 663
Size:  42.6 KB
    (Latios) (M) @ Dragon Gem
    EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic / Psyshock
    - Helping Hand / Protect

Basically, the point is to hit fast and hit hard. A Draco Meteor alone is deadly, but add Dragon Gem and a teammate using helping hand, and it kills almost anything! (I Don't think Heatran will die, but it'll leave a nice dent at least.) Ice Beam is basic coverage and Psychic / Psyshock do good STAB damage, and can hit Poisons and Fightings without having to waste DMeteor's one time smash kill. Helping Hand is a great move for doubles, but I don't think Protect would be a bad idea either. So, whattya think? (PS I like to pair him with my physical Azelf.)
    Nope, don't go for ice beam.

Draco meteor's power (when 2x effective): (140*1.5)*2 = 420
    Ice beam hitting for 4x damage: (95*4) = 380

Even when hitting for 4x damage on the other dragons, ice beam doesn't get the same power as a super effective dm. Try surf or protect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Its dangerous to go alone King Eriandor's Avatar

Honchkrow does get superpower, along with heat wave and icy wind if you're looking for type coverage.

Sucker Punch/ Brave Bird/ Protect and Superpower are really your only viable moves on this set since it doesn't have the bulk to do anything else.

needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smogon hasn't got any strategy up for Kyurem-B since it moved down to OU, so I decided to try this one.
    The main problem I had here was that it can't learn any Physical ice moves, except freeze shock which is useless.

So here we go.

Kyurem-B @ Expert Belt/Lum Berry
    Ability:Teravolt
    252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
    -Outrage
    -Fusion Bolt
    -Hone Claws
    -Roost

Outrage is the STAB attack, and even Pokémon that resist it will take quite a dent. Kyurem-B has one of the highest attack stats in the game, and when you add in STAB Outrage's power becomes monstrous. The Lum Berry is to clear off the confusion. Fusion Bolt is a coverage attack for any Steel types that do resist Outrage, also if you don't want to be locked into a move. Hone Claws is for the attack boost, of course, and Roost is to make Kyurem-B last longer. Only thing I've dreamt up so far that could resist this without at least a 2HKO is Ferrothorn.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Shiny Staraptor; 11th November 2012 at 03:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

Hone Claws in actual practice tends to be extremely underwhelming. Because Kyurem is so slow it can easily be picked off by common revenge killers and often struggles to get a sub up. Kyurem-B actually fares best in either a defensive role or running a mixed set If anything I'd go for:

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
    Trait: Teravolt
    EVs: 56 Spd / 252 HP / 64 Def / 136 SDef
    Careful Nature
    - Substitute
    - Dragon Tail
    - Hone Claws / Earth Power / Ice Beam
    - Roost

Which plays a lot more defensively as a phazer. The evs allow you to maintain a sub up. It gets easy switches on common weather abusers allowing a fee substitute and therefore smack at whatever switches in. Setting up a hone claws give Dragon Tail 100% accuracy in addition to powering it immensely which along with hazard support will entirely ruin teams (think of a typical BW2 rain team. Nothing can both break a substitute and take a hit from him".

Blog Entries

Okay, let's give this a swizzel.

For my (attempt at) a Sandstorm team, I have made the following Landorus - the idea is to come in on any given setup bait and do nasty things. It also uses Smack Down to get past some would-be counters such as Skarmory and Bronzong (Both are KO'd at 252/252+ by Smack Down/Earthquake with Stealth Rock and Sandstorm on the field and no boosts)

Landorus - Leftovers
    Jolly Nature, 4HP, 252Atk, 252Spd
    Earthquake
    Smack Down
    Substitute
    Swords Dance

The idea, as mentioned is to come in on sonething non-threatening (Status-inducers, Choice locked Electric or Ground attacks) and set up a Substitute. From there, he can either attack or set up, depending on what is there and Bob's your uncle.

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

mostly just a recluse
    Blog Entries

well howdy-do bmgf it's been a while

Quote Originally Posted by Plumbum View Post
    Okay, let's give this a swizzel.

For my (attempt at) a Sandstorm team, I have made the following Landorus - the idea is to come in on any given setup bait and do nasty things. It also uses Smack Down to get past some would-be counters such as Skarmory and Bronzong (Both are KO'd at 252/252+ by Smack Down/Earthquake with Stealth Rock and Sandstorm on the field and no boosts)

Landorus - Leftovers
    Jolly Nature, 4HP, 252Atk, 252Spd
    Earthquake
    Smack Down
    Substitute
    Swords Dance

The idea, as mentioned is to come in on sonething non-threatening (Status-inducers, Choice locked Electric or Ground attacks) and set up a Substitute. From there, he can either attack or set up, depending on what is there and Bob's your uncle.
    I don't know why you're using Smack Down in place of say, Gravity? Of course, I wouldn't really recommend Sub/SD/Gravity/EQ Landorus-I (by the way, I hope you're using the faster Landorus - there is no point in using Lando-T for this, but I'm sure that you know that)... I like Gravity/Stone Edge more, but that unfortunately means you're restricted to one attack. I think that smart Skarmory will PHaze you out at +2 instead of trying to Brave Bird you - they'll most likely think that you're going to Stone Edge them (a Sand Force-boosted +2 SE probably does a good chunk, though I'm not sure). I guess Smack Down is good for Bronzong, though.

I've never had the chance to effectively use Substitute, but if it's working for you, go ahead and use it. It's not a bad set at all, but if anything, I'd suggest tinkering with Gravity over Smack Down or Substitute (obviously, if you decide to go this route, use Stone Edge or Rock Slide if the PP issue with Stone Edge unnerves you).

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast