Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Toxic Boost
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Quick Attack
    - Facade
    - Close Combat
    - Night Slash
    "Zangoose was nearly voted out of NU due to his sheer power. Using it made me see why some could think that. Zangoose either weakens walls for other sweepers on the team or cleans up after the other two. Quick attack helps me take down weaker and faster Pokemon like Kadabra or Swellow, while Facade is pure power and is there to hit whatever isn't immune to it or resist it. CC and Night Slash are for coverage. It can weaken the majority of walls for its teammates."

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Drain Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Bulk Up
    "I've read a lot of talk over at Smogon about Gurdurr being extremely underrated and I'd have to agree. Eviolite gives it a good amount of bulk while it still has quite a bit of power. Drain Punch gives me recovery while being usable for a good STAB attack. Mach Punch can take down Absol, Zangoose, Cacturne and Cinccino. Bulk Up is so that I can get a sweep started, while Ice Punch hits whatever resists or is immune to Fighting neutrally or super effectively, such as Misdreavus or Golurk. It can take down counters to Musharna while Skuntank backs it up by taking down Psychic types. Part of a Fighting/Psychic/Dark Core."

Musharna @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Moonlight
    - Psychic
    - Heal Bell
    "Musharna has really surprised with how many things it can set up on with its useful bulk. Speed is outspeed min Amoongus. Moonlight functions as a pseudo-recover in a tier without autoweather, while Psychic is pretty decent coverage, all things considered. Heal Bell supports the team, while making sure that it won't be taken down by Toxic. It may seem counter productive with Zangoose, but if Zangoose has had Toxic Orb activated or has not already fainted when I send out Musharna, I'd be doing it wrong. Usually is used late game. Also part of a Fighting/Psychic/Dark Core."

Skuntank @ Dread Plate
    Trait: Aftermath
    EVs: 252 Atk / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Taunt
    - Pursuit
    - Sucker Punch
    - Crunch
    "Only Pokemon that I've put four moves of the same type on while still being justifiable. It has enough bulk to switch into the Psychic Types of the tier and survive any hit and trap for the kill. Sucker Punch can deal with Faster Pokemon and cause every Psychic to be put in a bad position if it stays in. Pursuit is for fleeing pokemon, while Crunch is for bulky Psychics like Musharna and solid STAB in general. Taunt can cripple stall teams and is good utility. Takes care of the Psychic and Ghost types that Musharna and Gurdurr can't handle. Also part of a Fighting/Psychic/Dark Core."

Armaldo @ Leftovers
    Trait: Battle Armor
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Impish Nature
    - Rock Blast
    - Stealth Rock
    - X-Scissor
    - Rapid Spin
    "Pretty solid bulk and generally can get SR up and off the field. Rock Blast can deal with Sub users, and X-Scissor is solid STAB."

Alomomola @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Waterfall
    - Toxic
    - Protect
    - Wish
    "Alomomola can keep the team pretty healthy with Wish and the rest of the moves are pretty self explanatory."

This team has been pretty solid overall, but Sun teams can still kick my ass.
    Could appreciate some names ideas, though.

Much love to Zurr

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [NU RMT] Hurr Durr, I'm Gurdurr

This team seems really solid as a whole. I'd imagine it'd have problems with physical walls though. For example, another Alomola could stall your Zangoose to death with Wish and Protect and the others can't do enough damage before being toxic or burn stalled. Amoonguss seems like it'd give your team trouble too.

For Rain, you could slot Rain Dance on Alomola for the surprise factor. If the opponent has a Grass type intending to set up sun against your Alomola, you could nulify their weather and get switch out on a Giga Drain the next turn. Other members can set up Rain too and Armaldo can run Swift Swim too if you wanted to go that route.

I'm not really sure how common Sun teams are or what's on them in NU though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    This team seems really solid as a whole. I'd imagine it'd have problems with physical walls though. For example, another Alomola could stall your Zangoose to death with Wish and Protect and the others can't do enough damage before being toxic or burn stalled. Amoonguss seems like it'd give your team trouble too.

For Rain, you could slot Rain Dance on Alomola for the surprise factor. If the opponent has a Grass type intending to set up sun against your Alomola, you could nulify their weather and get switch out on a Giga Drain the next turn. Other members can set up Rain too and Armaldo can run Swift Swim too if you wanted to go that route.

I'm not really sure how common Sun teams are or what's on them in NU though.
    Amoonguss is usually annoying at the beginning, but either Musharna or Zangoose can deal with it eventually. I was thinking about Rain Dance as Alomomola attack stat sucks anyways so I might run Rain Dance.

Much love to Zurr

Post Thanks / Like

To solve both your Amoongus and your rain problem you could run Goth over Musharna who completely annihilates the common Regenerator core in NU and then instead run Rain Dance and Protect on Alomomola to both beat sun and get a status absorber. Though this means you lose Regenerator on it and won't have Wish support but I don't think your team needs it that badly because only a few members can safely switch in anyway.

This team is really solid. Have you laddered on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    To solve both your Amoongus and your rain problem you could run Goth over Musharna who completely annihilates the common Regenerator core in NU and then instead run Rain Dance and Protect on Alomomola to both beat sun and get a status absorber. Though this means you lose Regenerator on it and won't have Wish support but I don't think your team needs it that badly because only a few members can safely switch in anyway.

This team is really solid. Have you laddered on it?
    I'm at 20-2, and Hax has screwed me over and helped me some.
    Heal Bell really makes me not need a status absorber, but I could see the benefits. I'm fairly certain Gothitelle got booted out of NU. Are you referring to Gothorita? Rain actually hasn't been too much of an issue, but Sun has.

Much love to Zurr

Post Thanks / Like

Gothitelle is still in NU on Smogon tiers.

By sticking Rain Dance on Alomomola you will break the momentum of sun teams a lot better.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

@Takaki Actually, it's BL.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Post Thanks / Like

@SharKing; There is a suspect vote in the NU thread going on for it now.

?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, that's odd. What's the date on that suspect-testing thread?
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

Post Thanks / Like

Late August. Still active.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

About midway into the second page of the thread, the Gothitelle ban was acknowledged. The thread seems to have lost direction from there.
    SharKing Productions

Post Thanks / Like

Oops sorry. I'd still make the changes on Alomomola as Musharna can heal its rest without rain anyway and it gives you a better counter to sun teams.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've replaced Waterfall with Rain Dance, and I'm not missing anything, but Golem is probably not going to be easiest to deal with.

Battle Video: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu2577026
    Last edited by Angad; 7th October 2012 at 07:35 PM.

Much love to Zurr

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Update: Officially number 20 on PO.

Much love to Zurr