NU Pokemon you wish were better? - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: NU Pokemon you wish were better?

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: NU Pokemon you wish were better?

I think Charizard has reached his zenith. Outside of a BST boost (which wouldn't be fair to the other starters) or a type change (which ain't happeening,) there's nothing I can see Charizrd getting that would greatly improve his current performance. Charizard's curses are the x4 SR weakness and being outclased by other Fire types. Thats not somethhing you fix with Earth Power.
    Last edited by Grass Type Warrior; 30th July 2011 at 10:10 AM.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    I think Charizard has reached his zenith. Outside of a BST boost (which wouldn't be fair to the other starters) or a type change (which ain't happeening,) there's nothing I can see Charizrd getting that would greatly improve his current performance. Charizard's curses are the x4 SR weakness and being outclased by other Fire types. Thats not somethhing you fix with Earth Power.
    Earth Power is needed for him to counter those rock types before unleashing SR without relying on the inaccurate Focus Blast (unless Energy Ball's the better choice for it and other special-based fire types).

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Earth Power is needed for him to counter those rock types before unleashing SR without relying on the inaccurate Focus Blast (unless Energy Ball's the better choice for it and other special-based fire types).
    Its not the rock types that give charizard problem.
    Its 3 factors:
    1)stealth rock weakness
    2)bulky water types
    3)the abundance of rock type attack-holders.
    The 3rd point means that even non-rock types get rock attacks (like infernape).
    Charizard just cant cover all of these even with its new ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rutvik View Post
    Its not the rock types that give charizard problem.
    Its 3 factors:
    1)stealth rock weakness
    2)bulky water types
    3)the abundance of rock type attack-holders.
    The 3rd point means that even non-rock types get rock attacks (like infernape).
    Charizard just cant cover all of these even with its new ability.
    Then surely Charizard doesn't deserve the title as the most popular non-mascot Pokemon in the series, which saddens me. :(

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think butterfree should be much better. Without butterfree, Brock would have owned me in yellow.
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

It has Quiver Dance, Sleep Powder, Bug Buzz, and a choice between CompoundEyes (97.5% accurate Sleep Powder) and Tinted Lens (near-perfect neutral coverage in Bug Buzz alone). Not factoring in a BST overhaul (which will never happen), Butterfree's at its peak.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post
    It has Quiver Dance, Sleep Powder, Bug Buzz, and a choice between CompoundEyes (97.5% accurate Sleep Powder) and Tinted Lens (near-perfect neutral coverage in Bug Buzz alone). Not factoring in a BST overhaul (which will never happen), Butterfree's at its peak.
    Unless it were to get a move that would always hit and be a one-hit KO (I'm thinking they would call it Jugular Stab), I agree.
    Last edited by Angad; 30th July 2011 at 05:37 PM.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

Follow JLomb on Tumblr

Castform because it's got such a useful movepool, and Ariados and Furret because I love them lol
    Boosh!

3DS FC: 3265-5253-3343

Blog Entries

Its not the rock types that he has to be afraid of. Common pokemon that set up stealth rock include Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Swampert. He already has an advantage against two of those and lets face it, once they've done their job, they have no reason to stick around.

Hypothetical battle time: Lets say they start a battle with Skarmory and you start one with Adorable McCutie. They set up SR on your switch to Charizard and you're already screwed. Next turn, they'll switch Skarmory to their Charizardkiller4000 and you'll have to switch out yourself if you wanna survive. SR is now on the field and next time you summon Charizard, he'll lose half his health. Throw in solar power recoil, possible LO recoil and the chance that you'll switch into an attack and Charizrd practically kills himself.
    Last edited by Grass Type Warrior; 30th July 2011 at 09:51 PM.

Blog Entries

That's why Rapid Spin will forever be an absolute necessity when using Charizard. Otherwise, it's practically dead weight.
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

If smogon says it's outclassed by Venemoth when it comes to Quiver Dance, then you bet Butterfree needs to improve its niche more.

That's why Rapid Spin will forever be an absolute necessity when using Charizard. Otherwise, it's practically dead weight.
    Then I can't use Charizard in my dream team. I can't even even pick one of the fire/fighting types because Lucario's included on my dream team, and neither Typholsion because it's not my favorite (I'm planning on using three different starters from three different regions for it).

Blog Entries

If smogon says it's outclassed by Venemoth when it comes to Quiver Dance, then you bet Butterfree needs to improve its niche more.
    There's practically nothing logical that it can do for that, though. When NU comes, Butterfree will drop there. Of course, I predict that it'll shine there. It might be the Volcarona of NU: extremely weak to Stealth Rock, but a freakin' monster after enough Quiver Dances.
    SharKing Productions

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

There's practically nothing logical that it can do for that, though. When NU comes, Butterfree will drop there. Of course, I predict that it'll shine there. It might be the Volcarona of NU: extremely weak to Stealth Rock, but a freakin' monster after enough Quiver Dances.
    But it's also important for Pokemon to avoid being in NU because it means an eternity of being mocked by snobby players, who are dominating today's competitive battles from other series.

Blog Entries

How would it compare with the other Butterfly Dancers? Mothim has a higher Special Attack, Air Slash, and Tinted Lens, but it has slightly lower speed. Masquerain has Intimidate, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Scald, Air Slash, slower and weaker than both, loses Psychic, but gets Baton Pass instead. The other two are just jokes, so I didn't include them.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

Precisely. Now to put it in perspective. Why do I have to waste a slot on a spinner so Charizard can sweep when things like Heatran and the monkeys do the job just as well with a lot less support and less (or no) weakness to Stealth Rock?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast