I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

Default New Team New Suggestions :)

Allright to Begin I have

Ferrothorn- Poinltess
    Iron Barbs with Rocky Helmet
    Impish

252 Defense, 252 Attack, 4 Spec Defense

Spikes, Stealth Rock, Gyro Ball, Toxic

Well he usually is my lead even if you expecting it. I can get off stealth Rocks usually or set up some spikes and occasionally toxic. If they let me set up entry hazards it usually does not work for them and Gyro ball is his attack just because he is slow. I advise people to stop hitting him with Recoil moves if you do not have rock head cause you are hurting yourselves usually more than Me :P lol

Conkeldur- Roubushin
    Guts with Flame Orb
    Adamant

252 Attack and Hp 4 Defense
    Bulk up, Mach Punch, Drain Punch, Stone Edge

Well he is a beast that is it. With Guts Flame orb his attack is super beast and I do not worry about taking more toxic damage. Bulk up for some extra attack and defense. Drain punch to heal. Mach punch for finishers and Stone Edge for everythign Else :P

Honchcrow- Mrs. Crow
    Moxie with Dark Gem(Changing)
    Jolly

252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Hp
    Suckerpunch, Nighslash, Brave Bird, Roost

She is really good as well just because I can get a sucker punch dark gem attack or nighslash which usually kills and then get a moxie. After that it is just a matter of predicting when someone will attack so I can sucker punch kill or when they will try and set up so I can either Brave Bird or Nightslash or roost if needed.

Vaporeon- WaterKitty
    Water Absorb with Leftovers
    Modest
    252 Spec attack, 252 Spec D, 4 hp
    Aqua Ring, Scald, Ice Beam, HP Fire
    Aqua ring If I Can so I can get some Extra HP. Scald for stab plus burn, Ice beam for dragon and Flying and HP fire for Grass types or Steel Types.

Alakazam- Houdini
    Magic Guard with Life Orb
    Modest
    252 Spec attack, 252 Speed, 4 Spec D
    Psychic, Energy Ball, Focus Blast, HP Ice

Well Psychic for Stab of Course energy ball for rock and ground and water. Focus blast for Steel and Dark and HP Ice for Flying and Dragons.
    He is a great sweeper and counter to entry hazards, weather, Burn or toxic. He is my Beast for sure.

Heatmor- Fire Eater
    Modest with Power Herb
    252 Spec Attack, 252 Speed, 4 D
    Flamethrower, Solar Beam, Will o Wisp, Focus Blast

He is great for switching into a fire attack if they use one. Power Herb Solar beam helps against ground and water types. Also helps against Sun Teams because they power his Fire up and Solar Beam can go crazy lol

That is it. Suggestions Comments Challenges.

Default Re: New Team New Suggestions :)

I'm not convinced by Heatmor on this team. If you want a Flash Fire user, there would be better choices like Chandelure. This would also serve a fighting coverage and spin blocker.
    FC: 5370 0525 7917
    IGN: Alex TSV: 2821
    Friend Safari: Grass - Pansage, Ivysaur, Maractus

I agree Completely but so Many people use it and I was trying for something new is all. I will definitely switch the two out on PO and see which I like better.

If I go with Chandelure I am going with this

Chandelure- Night Light
    Flash Fire with Wise Glasses( I will think of a better one later)
    Modest
    252 Spec Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Spec D

Flamethrower, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, HP Fighting.
    Last edited by Professor Jacel; 6th June 2012 at 04:23 PM.

You could also switch some of Vaporeons' EVs into Speed. but HP fire on that is a great idea. You may benefit from Earthquake but I dont see anyone who could use it well. The Chandelure set is perfect. A HP Fire Magnezone could cause damage to this team.

No I have battled plenty of Magnezones with HP fire and Conkeldur wrecks them hands down. I have only lost a couple times two them so I tend not to worry to much about it. I would Devote Speed to Vaporeon but She is my Special attacking wall as of now and Hp fire helps alot to I have killed some Magnezones with it to on occasion as long as they are using Anaylitic or Magnet Pull I have not ran in too to many Sturdy ones yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Jacel View Post
    Allright to Begin I have

Ferrothorn- Poinltess
    Impish

Well he usually is my lead even if you expecting it. I can get off stealth Rocks usually or set up some spikes and occasionally toxic. If they let me set up entry hazards it usually does not work for them and Gyro ball is his attack just because he is slow. I advise people to stop hitting him with Recoil moves if you do not have rock head cause you are hurting yourselves usually more than Me :P lol

Thunder wave might be better because it can slow down some threats and always chance of paralyze hax which can help your frail heatmor and alakazam

Conkeldur- Roubushin
    Guts with Flame Orb
    Adamant

this thing could do better with leftovers. That and drain punch could def. increase its survivability. You can just switch into toxic spikes or a status move prediction to punish those that do that. But I guess this can work as well if you need something to switch into breloom's spore

Well he is a beast that is it. With Guts Flame orb his attack is super beast and I do not worry about taking more toxic damage. Bulk up for some extra attack and defense. Drain punch to heal. Mach punch for finishers and Stone Edge for everythign Else :P

Honchcrow- Mrs. Crow
    Jolly

- taking out something for superpower will get you more coverage plus it goes well with moxie if you think about it.

She is really good as well just because I can get a sucker punch dark gem attack or nighslash which usually kills and then get a moxie. After that it is just a matter of predicting when someone will attack so I can sucker punch kill or when they will try and set up so I can either Brave Bird or Nightslash or roost if needed.

Vaporeon- WaterKitty
    Modest
    Aqua ring If I Can so I can get some Extra HP. Scald for stab plus burn, Ice beam for dragon and Flying and HP fire for Grass types or Steel Types.
    - I like it, never seen this before. And it's still pretty bulky, but I dunno about aqua ring, I just don't see anyone use that move.

Alakazam- Houdini
    Modest
    I would take hp ice or energy ball out for substitute because sucker punch and pursuit can ko this guy. It will still be a beast.

Well Psychic for Stab of Course energy ball for rock and ground and water. Focus blast for Steel and Dark and HP Ice for Flying and Dragons.
    He is a great sweeper and counter to entry hazards, weather, Burn or toxic. He is my Beast for sure.

Heatmor- Fire Eater
    Modest with Power Herb
    i dunno what to say about this guy. great coverage but something tells me this thing isn't gonna last in a match too long. If it works for you that's great
    He is great for switching into a fire attack if they use one. Power Herb Solar beam helps against ground and water types. Also helps against Sun Teams because they power his Fire up and Solar Beam can go crazy lol

suggestions/comments in bold above.

Quote Originally Posted by AshK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Jacel View Post
    Allright to Begin I have

Ferrothorn- Poinltess
    Impish

Thunder wave might be better because it can slow down some threats and always chance of paralyze hax which can help your frail heatmor and alakazam

Conkeldur- Roubushin
    Guts with Flame Orb
    Adamant

this thing could do better with leftovers. That and drain punch could def. increase its survivability. You can just switch into toxic spikes or a status move prediction to punish those that do that. But I guess this can work as well if you need something to switch into breloom's spore

Honchcrow- Mrs. Crow
    Jolly

- taking out something for superpower will get you more coverage plus it goes well with moxie if you think about it.

Vaporeon- WaterKitty
    Modest
    - I like it, never seen this before. And it's still pretty bulky, but I dunno about aqua ring, I just don't see anyone use that move.

Alakazam- Houdini
    Modest
    I would take hp ice or energy ball out for substitute because sucker punch and pursuit can ko this guy. It will still be a beast.

Heatmor- Fire Eater
    Modest with Power Herb
    i dunno what to say about this guy. great coverage but something tells me this thing isn't gonna last in a match too long. If it works for you that's great

suggestions/comments in bold above.
    I Changed out Heatmor for a Chandelure lol. I never have used subsitute on Alakazam but I may try it in place of Energy ball ofr awhile. I was going to put on Shadow ball for Aqua ring. Also I cannot have Moxie and Super Power on Honchcrow because you have to tutor the Super Power from fourth gen and Moxie is a DW ability. I like Conkeldur the way he is though. The Flame orb Boosts his attack to the extreme and a bulk up plus drain punch mach punch recks everyone. I will consider Thunderwave.

I can't imagine Alakazam being any good with Substitute.

Thats what I am debating On I think I might go with Sub on Vaporeon and Leave Mr. Houdini the way he is.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by a0161613 View Post
    Substitute on alakazam is atleast 121324141241241241 times better than hp ice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by a0161613 View Post
    Substitute on alakazam is atleast 121324141241241241 times better than hp ice.
    I would have to Respectfully Disagree with you. HP Ice has helped a ton on Killing Grass, Dragon, and Ground when Alakazam is left.