New To On-line Battling My Team.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Takaki
  • 1 Post By LadyScathach
  • 1 Post By Takaki

Thread: New To On-line Battling My Team.

Default New To On-line Battling My Team.

Again here is the team I use I have created on my Black/White Version but my DS broke so I have not got to on Black2/White2 I play on Pokemon Online with it mostly now. Let me know what you think.

Berry (Politoed) (F) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Perish Song
    - Toxic
    - Ice Beam

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Spikes
    - Power Whip
    - Gyro Ball
    - Leech Seed

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
    - Protect
    - Wish
    - Thunder
    - Iron Head

Tornadus-T (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Superpower
    - Hurricane
    - U-turn
    - Sleep Talk

Mitt Romney (Mamoswine) (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Ice Shard
    - Icicle Crash
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock

Zapdos @ Life Orb
    Trait: Lightningrod
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Roost
    - Heat Wave
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    Last edited by EdricTheSpy; 26th December 2012 at 01:00 AM.

Default Re: New To On-line Battling My Team.

I don't have time for a full rate but I will say that on Politoed, Ferrothorn and Vaporean, you want to maximize Hp evs to get the highest possivlee bulk before investing in other stats. For example, modest and max hp on that Politoed.
    EdricTheSpy likes this.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

Silver Strategician LadyScathach's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Your Politoed is caught in a very odd position; the Calm nature and Toxic on the moveset make it out to be defensive, but your EV spread doesn't agree with that. If I were you, I would switch the SpA EV's into HP, the HP EV's into Def, and replace Hydro with Scald. Otherwise you need to completely dedicate Politoed to the offensive which would involve cutting Perish and Toxic, placing those SpD EV's into Spe and probably a Scarf. If you use a defensive Poli, either take out Vaporeon (which will mimic Poli's niche) or add more entree hazard.

Ferrothorn looks solid enough with the exception of the EV spread; Ferro has base 74 HP which, if Ferro is to last, needs 252 EV investment. You can then split the remaining EV's into the defences for balance or just throw them all into one stat.

Vaporeon naturally has a respectable base 95 SpD stat, but it's Def stat leaves some to be desired. Because of this, I'd suggest a more standard EV spread on Vaporeon (252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Spe). I'd also suggest switching Roar out for Toxic or Wish because, if you're to use Vaporeon as a phazer, it'd be better to have more entree hazard and all you have is Stealth.

As for Tornadus, what is HP Ice designed to hit? Gliscor won't enjoy a STAB Hurricane though it would likely survive leaving few targets. I understand the need to hit Dragons, but you've got Mamo for that. It's always smart to run a couple counters to Dragons, whcih would be my reasoning, but you've already got 4 PKMN running Ice.... I think you could live with switching it out or HP-Fire, Grass, or Taunt.

Mamo and Starmie look good though I suggest you find somewhere to stick those last 6 EV's.

Overall you've got four PKMN with a weakness to Electric attacks, and even if you've got something to ground those attacks, that's a bad thing. A standard Zapdos in particular could slaughter most of your team and other common electric types such as Magnezone can do a fair amount of damage. Also watch out for Virizion, Ferrothorn, and Toxicroak. (And under no circumstances should you let Toxi sub up.)

As improvements I suggest a Thunder abuser that gets the STAB. Zapdos, Jolteon, and Magnezone could all work there. And, while not necessary, I suggest a boosting sweeper like CM Keldeo to replace Vaporeon unless you want to run an offensive Poli.
    EdricTheSpy likes this.

Thank you both your suggestions really helped out a lot!

Give Ferrothorn Gyro ball since once Terrakion gets a dance up on it, the Salac Berry can be activated and it cleans your team easy. Switch to this for the first two things on your team:

Berry (Politoed) (F) @ Water Gem/Choice Specs
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd (speed creeping specially defensive Ttar here)
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Perish Song
    - Toxic/ HP Grass
    - Ice Beam

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    - Stealth Rock/ Spikes
    - Power Whip
    - Gyro Ball
    - Leech Seed/ Spikes

You should probably run Stealth Rocks on Mamoswine and then be able to use Spikes on Ferrothorn.

The following over Vaporeon since otherwise opposing Tornadus-T tear you to pieces:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
    - Protect
    - Wish
    - Thunder
    - Iron Head

Breloom also wrecks you as well since you have absolutely no safe switch-ins. If it gets a lucky roll it can beat Tornadus-t with Bullet Seed, however with smart switching around along with Jirachi you can contain it and absorb a spore. Therefore I'm going to suggest Sleep Talk over HP Ice on Tornadus-T since HP Ice is almost useless. @LadyScathach; It has a 56.25% chance to 1HKO after rocks damage. Gliscor is no problem osince it can't switch in safely and this team has tonnes of options to switch into it. Grass Knot is usable but only usable for the Hippo which Ferrothorn can get free hazards on if the Hurricane misses on the switch which HP Fire is ridiculous ad Taunt doesn't help him really beat anything. Sleep Talk also lets you get an easy switch to Amoongus and therefore comfortably beat the Amoongbro core which otherwise can give you a few issues if played correctly.
    Last edited by Takaki; 24th December 2012 at 06:39 AM.
    EdricTheSpy likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    Breloom also wrecks you as well since you have absolutely no safe switch-ins. If it gets a lucky roll it can beat Tornadus-t with Bullet Seed, however with smart switching around along with Jirachi you can contain it and absorb a spore. Therefore I'm going to suggest Sleep Talk over HP Ice on Tornadus-T since HP Ice is almost useless. @LadyScathach; It has a 56.25% chance to 1HKO after rocks damage. Gliscor is no problem osince it can't switch in safely and this team has tonnes of options to switch into it. Grass Knot is usable but only usable for the Hippo which Ferrothorn can get free hazards on if the Hurricane misses on the switch which HP Fire is ridiculous ad Taunt doesn't help him really beat anything. Sleep Talk also lets you get an easy switch to Amoongus and therefore comfortably beat the Amoongbro core which otherwise can give you a few issues if played correctly.
    I only mentioned Gliscor and the dragons because they're the main reasons to run HP-Ice which I then mentioned that he's got plenty of Ice coverage anyways. (And that Glisc doesn't enjoy STAB Hurricane) HP-Fire I agree is mostly useless, but it's usually a good idea to run a Fire move on every team - even if it is a rain team. Or maybe that's just one of the things I always include because I'm somewhat superstitious and have wished enough times that I had a Fire move/type. And Taunt is always a good choice; not necessarily to help Tornadus-T beat anything, but to stop opponents from setting up. Sleep Talk, as you mentioned, is also a good idea for absorbing Spore, but Taunt would see more usage than Sleep Talk even with the rise in usage of Amoonguss. Plus, with a bit of prediction and luck, it stops Breloom from subbing (and sporing), entree hazard from being set, and sweepers like Toxicroak from subbing and boosting.

@LadyScathach; Sleep talk is the best coverage in every way and HP Fire is almost the worst move possible to run on it (It is out powered by the STAB on even double super effective hits) . It learns Heat Wave anyway but that sucks as well because it is so unreliable. HP Ice is useless for reasons mentioned- they can't switch in anyway and Dragonite, Salamence almost always force you out without it because of the potential for scarf/priority. Taunt helps in no way against any of those things because it is easier for Tornadus-T to simply kill them, and it can do that to all of them. The two best moves in that slot are Sleep Talk and HP ground, and he doesn't need HP ground.

Blog Entries

@Takaki Sleep Talk or Taunt comes down to what he wants Tornadus to be able to do. Like you mentioned, ST gives Tornadus-T a metaphorical leg up on the AmoonBro combo, but Taunt provides the team with an ability to shut down the same combos and then some, though requires a degree of luck on positioning. In the end, I would choose Taunt and you would choose Sleep Talk. For better or worse, neither of us are making this team.

@LadyScathach; Taunt can't beat Amoongus on the switch in which effectively makes it a weaker check. Your reason for running Taunt is wrong as well. You run it to shut down Deoxys-D leads and stop Chansey from softboiling and these are the least of his worries because he already has better checks.

I edited the team. You can see the Changes up above.

A lot of your team is grounded and hazards also really hurt you so I think that Starmie should be kept over Zapdos. Zapdos isn't atually doing a great deal for your team and provides few resistances to help you. The Ferrothorn evs shouldn't be split exactly either.

A lot of your team is grounded and hazards also really hurt you so I think that Starmie should be kept over Zapdos. Zapdos isn't atually doing a great deal for your team and provides few resistances to help you. Lightningrod isn't released yet either which severely hinders it.The Ferrothorn evs shouldn't be split exactly either.