Need some fine tuning to my OU team

Thread: Need some fine tuning to my OU team

Registered User? Lolwut?

Default Need some fine tuning to my OU team

I play for fun, use a lot of pokes due to coolness factor, and will not use legendary pokemon.

Wall/Toxic Stall
    Vaporeon
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Relaxed
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 DEF/ 4 SPD
    Moves:
    ~ Surf
    ~ Wish
    ~ Protect
    ~ Toxic
    My general defensive pokemon. I've used Surf and Scald back and forth, but can never decide which to use, since I sometimes find myself burning something I'd rather paralyze. If enough people say scald I'll switch.

Special Attacker
    Gengar
    Item: Life Orb
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SP.ATK/ 252 SPE
    Moves:
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ HP Fire
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Substitute
    My special attacker. Ridiculously powerful, Fighting immunity to cover my 2 normal types, and has a coolness factor of +1. I chose Sub over Focus Blast because Focus Blast has 10% accuracy for me and I fail at predicting. I figured it is powerful enough so I went with Timid to win speed ties with other Gengars.

Bulky Physical
    Machamp
    Item: Lum Berry
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: No Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 DEF
    Moves:
    ~ Dynamic Puch
    ~ Payback
    ~ Bullet Puch
    ~ Ice Puch
    Not too sure if Leftovers or Expert Belt or Life Orb would work better on this guy, I always switch around with the items. Bullet Punch is my only priority on this team, and I couldn't really find a better move to use than Payback, which doesn't help me out very much.

Support
    Cinccino
    Item: Life Orb
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Skill Link
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPE
    Moves:
    ~ Encore
    ~ Thunder Wave
    ~ Tail Slap
    ~ U-Turn

Not a commonly seen pokemon, which adds to its' unpredictability. Amazingly, I named it "Scarfed?" and quite a few people have thought it was scarfed, lol. Outspeeds Gengar so it can lock it into something stupid like Substitute or Shadow Ball, which normally wrecks my team. I'm not too sure about its' EVs and item though.

Aromatherapy
    Clefable
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SP.DEF / 4 DEF
    Moves:
    ~ Wish
    ~ Protect
    ~ Aromatherapy
    ~ Seismic Toss
    Clears status from my team, takes Toxic like a champ, and can take special hits fairly well. Chose Seismic toss so I didn't have to put Attack EVs in for Facade (Toxic/Toxic Spikes switch in)

T-Wave Spreader
    Dragonite
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SP.DEF / 4 DEF
    Moves:
    ~ Dragon Tail
    ~ Thunder Wave
    ~ Roost
    ~ Substitute
    Recently my entire team was shuffled around because I found out that Heal Bell + Multiscale was illegal (Part of the reason I'm here) and so I replaced Heal Bell with Substitute on short notice, as I couldn't think of something better to use. He can take special attacks fairly well, spreads around paralysis like a champ, and pseudo hazes.

So far, the main problem with this team is that it has difficulty dealing with a top few threats (Latios, Gliscor, Scizor, and Gengar if Cinccino is down.) Probably a few others that I'm not thinking of atm. Any advice is appreciated, even if you feel it's a longshot.
    Last edited by Ur Just Jealous; 21st December 2011 at 08:00 PM.

Default Re: Need some fine tuning to my OU team

Half your team is weak to Fighting so probably Mienshao, or the swordsmen trio would just rip apart your team with a bit of support. With that said, I recommend replacing Zoroark for Gengar. Gengar is not only better than Zoroark since it is already crippled upon entering when Spikes, Toxic Spikes, or Stealth Rock is around. It also has a good type combination. The Dragonite is great but I suggest replacing Substitute for ExtremeSpeed since setting up a Sub disables Multiscale which pretty much makes it like having no ability at all. Also, ExtremeSpeed can be used even without putting any Speed EVs since its priority.

Registered User? Lolwut?

Thanks. By the way, on a Gengar, do you recommend Black Sludge or Life Orb?

Quote Originally Posted by Ur Just Jealous View Post
    Thanks. By the way, on a Gengar, do you recommend Black Sludge or Life Orb?
    Life Orb since with a Modest nature, 252-255 EVs, and 31 IVs, Gengar can get its Spec. Attack as high as 394. Add Life Orb to that and it will pretty much destroy anything that isn't prepared to take a hit.

Blog Entries

You might consider Flinch Togekiss. It helps get rid of your fighting weakness (Terrakion and Cobalion may still give you a few issues, though), and it works well. I've found it to be more useful than Dragonite, but that's just me. Machamp should be able to handle the other two.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Bold would be a better nature on Vaporeon.
    3DS FC: 1590 4874 4191
    3DS Name: Zapface

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
    Half your team is weak to Fighting so probably Mienshao, or the swordsmen trio would just rip apart your team with a bit of support. With that said, I recommend replacing Zoroark for Gengar. Gengar is not only better than Zoroark since it is already crippled upon entering when Spikes, Toxic Spikes, or Stealth Rock is around. It also has a good type combination. The Dragonite is great but I suggest replacing Substitute for ExtremeSpeed since setting up a Sub disables Multiscale which pretty much makes it like having no ability at all. Also, ExtremeSpeed can be used even without putting any Speed EVs since its priority.
    Extremespeed is a terrible idea. without any attack evs, it won't do much damage. substitute may take 25% of your health but it does a lot of stuff like protecting from status, etc. and if he reactivates multiscale behind the sub, the sub gets the def. boost which makes it even more hard to take down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Um, okay, then. I'll take your word since I suppose you're experienced. Thank you for informing me.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2752 | 2583 | 3814