My Official Rain Team.

Thread: My Official Rain Team.

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

Default My Official Rain Team.

Politoad(Drizzle) Choice Specs No Nickname Yet
    Modest- 252 Spec Attack, 252 Spec Defense, 4 Hp
    Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Mud Shot, Surf
    - Not much to say Politoad brings the Rain and is actually quite Powerful with Choice Specs I can sometimes take out 3 to 4 pokemon on a team before he K'Os.

Bronzong(Heatproof) Air Balloon No Nickname Yet
    Bold- 252 Defense, 252 Spec Defense, 4 Spec Attack.
    Rain Dance, Light Screen, Calm Mind, Psyshock.
    - He is my back up rain dancer and Light Screener. I know people prefer Levitate but I prefer Heatproof so do not bug me about it. Psyshock is there for pokemon with no Defense and Special walls. I have calm mind just there to strengthen him.

Swampert-(Torrent) Leftovers No Nickname Yet
    Adamant- 252 Attack, 252 Spec Defense, 4 Defense
    Earthquake, Waterfall, Ice Punch, Stealth Rocks.
    -Swampert is on of my heavy Hitters along with being able to set up stealth rocks if there is an opportunity or I should just because the enemies pokemon is weak to it.

Jynx(Dry Skin) Shell Bell Smoochy
    Modest- 252 Spec Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Spec Defense
    Psychic, Nasty Plot, Focus Blast, Ice Beam.
    -She is a Great Special Attacker and Dry Skin helps keep her HP up. I have used her as a counter to hail teams since she is part ice and most Ice types can be hit by Focus Blast.

Tentacruel(Rain Dish) Life Orb The Squid
    Calm- 252 Spec Defense, 252 Spc Attack, 4 Speed
    Ice Beam, Giga Drain(DW Exclusive in Case you are wondering.), Toxic Spikes, Scald.
    He is amazing!! Great on Spec Def can help me set up some Toxic Spikes can dish out hits and No buddy ever suspects the Giga Drain so it is great for taking out other waters that switch in!!!!

Toxicroak(Dry Skin) Black Sludge
    Adamant- 252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Speed
    Bulk Up, Drain Puch, Sucker Punch, Rockslide
    Rock slide is mainly for fire and Ice types. I have bulk up there to power him up and with the set up of dry skin, Black Sludge, Drain punch you retrain a lot of HP.

Open to Suggestions and Nickname Suggestions. I have been doing pretty amazing with this team especially on Triple Battles lol. It works well in Doubles and Singles. This team is put together so if somebody would like to battle let me know.

Edit- I have a Sub For Toxicroak as well.

Sawsbuck(Sap Sipper) Bambi
    Adamant- 252 Attack, 252 Spec Defense, 4 Speed
    Jump Kick, Horn Leech, Aromatherapy and Megahorn.
    Last edited by Professor Jacel; 24th May 2012 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Adding A Pokemon

Its dangerous to go alone King Eriandor's Avatar

Default Re: My Official Rain Team.

to get a dream poliwag requires 10,000 dream points to catch plus requires more work to get one with the right nature or a female one to breed. same goes for tentecruel and jynx. The choice specs cost 48bp the air baloon is another 48 and 1 more 48 for the life orb. For mathematicly inclined readers that's 144 bp.

I can see a lot of work has been put into this team but 3/6 of you pokemon are weak to grass and only 2 are good on grass plus swampert's ice punch if you are going by attacks.

My suggestions: more type coverage, less rain focus.

I have not had any trouble with Type Coverage so I will probably keep it the same as is. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Actually I just notaced an interesting problem with your team.
    I'm not sure how you trained them so how about a battle, just to test my theory.
    [all challange info will be posted on your home page so not to disturb the topic of this thread]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Jacel View Post
    - Not much to say Politoad brings the Rain and is actually quite Powerful with Choice Specs I can sometimes take out 3 to 4 pokemon on a team before he K'Os.

- He is my back up rain dancer and Light Screener. I know people prefer Levitate but I prefer Heatproof so do not bug me about it. Psyshock is there for pokemon with no Defense and Special walls. I have calm mind just there to strengthen him.

-Swampert is on of my heavy Hitters along with being able to set up stealth rocks if there is an opportunity or I should just because the enemies pokemon is weak to it.

-She is a Great Special Attacker and Dry Skin helps keep her HP up. I have used her as a counter to hail teams since she is part ice and most Ice types can be hit by Focus Blast.

Ice Beam, Giga Drain(DW Exclusive in Case you are wondering.), Toxic Spikes, Scald.
    He is amazing!! Great on Spec Def can help me set up some Toxic Spikes can dish out hits and No buddy ever suspects the Giga Drain so it is great for taking out other waters that switch in!!!!

Rock slide is mainly for fire and Ice types. I have bulk up there to power him up and with the set up of dry skin, Black Sludge, Drain punch you retrain a lot of HP.

Open to Suggestions and Nickname Suggestions. I have been doing pretty amazing with this team especially on Triple Battles lol. It works well in Doubles and Singles. This team is put together so if somebody would like to battle let me know.

I really like your team (you have that dreaded toxicroak ugh!) here some friendly suggestions:
    politoad- specs toad is a monster I've used it myself. But I used focus blast and hp grass over mud shot and surf. Coverage might be better but yours should work too. Why mud shot though? is that for toxicroak and tentracruels?

jynx- I like her, I don't see her too often on ou rain teams. But replace shell bell with leftovers or life orb, it goes well with dry skin and rain. Shell bell isn't that reliable I think you only gain health after you damage someone

- bronzong is great but how about a light clay? your screens will last for 8 turns as opposed to 5. obviously you will have to be more cautious with ground attacks if you keep heat proof but I never heard of a double screener without light clay now a days

- some of your more bulkier pokemon (those that you invest heavily in defenses) should get HP investment. For bronzon for example pick whether you want it to be specially or physically defensive and put in 252 evs in HP. That's just a little suggestion because that's where I see everywhere else.

edit: just want to add something about bronzong: I usually assume levitate so i don't even try a ground attack on it, so maybe you might luck out.
    Last edited by AshK; 26th May 2012 at 04:35 PM.

Just a quick point, Shell bell heals hp equal to 1/8 of the damage you deal. (no matter how many enemies you hit)

Quote Originally Posted by AshK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Jacel View Post

I really like your team (you have that dreaded toxicroak ugh!) here some friendly suggestions:
    politoad- specs toad is a monster I've used it myself. But I used focus blast and hp grass over mud shot and surf. Coverage might be better but yours should work too. Why mud shot though? is that for toxicroak and tentracruels?

jynx- I like her, I don't see her too often on ou rain teams. But replace shell bell with leftovers or life orb, it goes well with dry skin and rain. Shell bell isn't that reliable I think you only gain health after you damage someone

- bronzong is great but how about a light clay? your screens will last for 8 turns as opposed to 5. obviously you will have to be more cautious with ground attacks if you keep heat proof but I never heard of a double screener without light clay now a days

- some of your more bulkier pokemon (those that you invest heavily in defenses) should get HP investment. For bronzon for example pick whether you want it to be specially or physically defensive and put in 252 evs in HP. That's just a little suggestion because that's where I see everywhere else.

edit: just want to add something about bronzong: I usually assume levitate so i don't even try a ground attack on it, so maybe you might luck out.

My Politoad really was not designed for Coverage. He does just fine with the current moveset. Mudshot is for any Electric or Poison type just so they are easier to deal with.

Jynx- the Only reason it has that is because when you do random matchup you cannot have the same item on. If I am battling a friend in NO Restrictions I use Life orb

Bronzong- I considered LIght Clay but I only use Light Screen on him and that is just in case I know I will encounter Heavy Special attacking. So I tend not to worry about the Light Clay. He is maxed on his Defense with Spec Defense Second and can take alot of damage from both Physical and Special Especially Since the Ligh Screen. That is why I did not do HP Investment in him.

Thank you for the Suggestions though.