The most underrated Pokemon
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The most underrated Pokemon

Blog Entries

Default The most underrated Pokemon

This thread is basically the opposite of the thread about the most overrated Pokemon: what 'mons do you think are undeserving of a plasement in a lower tier or ones that you don't see much but are actually quite good? For me I'd have to say Mega Gardevoir, Escavalier and Siesmatoed, Escavalier because it is a great 'mon but is considered outclassed by Scizor and Forretress in most of the compeditve comunity, Siedmatoed for similar reasons as Escavalier: the big frog is considered outclassed by Swampert and Gastrodon, and M. Gardevoir because, while people claim they have low Defence or something (I don't realy follow Smogon) if you train it right it can survive a surprisingly strong attack; mine, for instence, survived a +1 Stone edge crit from a Dragonite with 3 HP and proceded to destroy all but one of my opponent's remaning Pokemon.
    Last edited by BadAssGardevoir; 2nd June 2014 at 01:10 AM.
    Bulbagarden Battle league Fairy Gym Leader

Claims: Mega Gardevoir, Hyper Voice, Magic Guard, Hades (KI:U), Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles), the Monado (Xenoblade Chronicles), the Celestial Brush (Okami), the Godbird's Soulstone (Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King), the Stealth Claws (Kid Icarus: Uprising), the Xenoblade Chronicles Main Theme, Rising Sun (Okami) & Through the Sea of Time

Blog Entries
    Follow JustTheFx On Twitter Add JustTheFx on Facebook Add JustTheFx on Google+
    Visit JustTheFx's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The most underrated Pokemon

I gatta say Sharpedo!

With its addition of Destiny Bond this Gen, its quite the....Monster! :D (go home your drunk!)
    No 1 expects to have the move, and it out speeds everything due to speed boost! So for the most part, it can always get a double down!
    120 Base Attk, + Attk Nature, and a Life Orb! Everything will tremble before its Jaws! Ahahahha!!!!!

Blog Entries

Lilligant. It's really the poor man's Venusaur but still great.

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Once Apawn A Time.... superbobbobbob3's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sawk, why, the only fighting type to have study, then band/scarf it, it's a beast, and I can't wait till the custap berry comes out (when low hp, allows you to go first).
    5/23/15 DEX COMPLETE!
    Friend code:0061-0809-4165 trainer name:Palkia/Hayden Player in the BBL
    Clamer of now Dunsparce. Also claims Thousand Arrows, most likely Zygarde's move.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Apawn View Post
    Sawk, why, the only fighting type to have study, then band/scarf it, it's a beast, and I can't wait till the custap berry comes out (when low hp, allows you to go first).
    The Custap berry doesn't work that way, I'm affraid. It only makes you move first in you're priority bracket, so if you're trying to KO a T-flame trying to revenge kill you with a non-priority move like Stone edge and it uses Brave bird you're going down.
    Last edited by BadAssGardevoir; 16th May 2014 at 11:40 AM.

Claims: Mega Gardevoir, Hyper Voice, Magic Guard, Hades (KI:U), Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles), the Monado (Xenoblade Chronicles), the Celestial Brush (Okami), the Godbird's Soulstone (Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King), the Stealth Claws (Kid Icarus: Uprising), the Xenoblade Chronicles Main Theme, Rising Sun (Okami) & Through the Sea of Time

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssGardevoir View Post
    The Custap berry doesn't work that way, I'm affraid. It only makes you move first in you're priority bracket, so if you're trying to KO a T-flame trying to revenge kill you with Stone edge and it uses Brave bird you're going down.
    Ohh it does let you go first

Here is the priority bracket
    +8 Quick Claw/Custap Berry trigger message
    +7 Pursuit*
    +6 Switching out, rotating, using items, escaping, charging of Focus Punch, Mega Evolution*
    +5 Helping Hand
    +4 Detect, Magic Coat, Protect, Spiky Shield, Snatch
    +3 Endure, Fake Out, King's Shield, Quick Guard, Wide Guard, Crafty Shield
    +2 Extreme Speed, Feint, Follow Me, Rage Powder
    +1 Ally Switch, Aqua Jet, Baby-Doll Eyes, Bide, Bullet Punch, Ice Shard, Ion Deluge, Mach Punch, Powder, Quick Attack, Shadow Sneak, Sucker Punch, Vacuum Wave, Water Shuriken, All Priority Abilities.
    0 All other moves, shifting
    -1 Vital Throw
    -2 None
    -3 Focus Punch
    -4 Avalanche, Revenge
    -5 Counter, Mirror Coat
    -6 Circle Throw, Dragon Tail, Roar, Whirlwind
    -7 Trick Room
    -8 None
    5/23/15 DEX COMPLETE!
    Clamer of now Dunsparce. Also claims Thousand Arrows, most likely Zygarde's move.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssGardevoir View Post
    The Custap berry doesn't work that way, I'm affraid. It only makes you move first in you're priority bracket, so if you're trying to KO a T-flame trying to revenge kill you with Stone edge and it uses Brave bird you're going down.
    Ohh it does let you go first

Here is the priority bracket
    +8 Quick Claw/Custap Berry trigger message
    +7 Pursuit*
    +6 Switching out, rotating, using items, escaping, charging of Focus Punch, Mega Evolution*
    +5 Helping Hand
    +4 Detect, Magic Coat, Protect, Spiky Shield, Snatch
    +3 Endure, Fake Out, King's Shield, Quick Guard, Wide Guard, Crafty Shield
    +2 Extreme Speed, Feint, Follow Me, Rage Powder
    +1 Ally Switch, Aqua Jet, Baby-Doll Eyes, Bide, Bullet Punch, Ice Shard, Ion Deluge, Mach Punch, Powder, Quick Attack, Shadow Sneak, Sucker Punch, Vacuum Wave, Water Shuriken, All Priority Abilities.
    0 All other moves, shifting
    -1 Vital Throw
    -2 None
    -3 Focus Punch
    -4 Avalanche, Revenge
    -5 Counter, Mirror Coat
    -6 Circle Throw, Dragon Tail, Roar, Whirlwind
    -7 Trick Room
    -8 None
    Uh, you're only pointing out that the Custap berry 'trigger message' (i. e. the message saying that the berry activated) goes first, and besides, on Bulbapedia's page on the berry it says that it 'lets the user go first in it's priority bracket.'

Anyway, let's not let this thread turn into a discussion about the Custap berry, back on topic with another 'mon I find underrateed: Eelektross. While people say it doesn't have the best stats of the Electric 'mons but when I used one on my VGC Doubles team based around Trick room even though it wasn't IV breed or EV trained and it's Bold nature held it back when I used a Physical set it was still great.
    Last edited by BadAssGardevoir; 16th May 2014 at 11:44 AM.

Blog Entries

Just for fun, Dunsparce, a great paraflincher
    5/23/15 DEX COMPLETE!

Blog Entries
    Follow Alexey On Twitter Add Alexey on Facebook
    Visit Alexey's Youtube Channel

Mismagius. Its various sets can fill any special-based role on the team, and it has amazing movepool which allows for some surprise factor (my favourite being a OHKO on an incoming Charizard/Talonflame/Pinsir/Whateverelseisquadweaktorock with Power Gem).
    Bulbagarden Battle League Grass Elite Four
    FC 4570 - 8235 - 1086, IGN: Alexey.

I play Blood Omen

Blog Entries

Just for fun, Dunsparce, a great paraflincher
    I am actually planning to use this alongside a Stunfisk soon
    I'm breeding fisk atm, but Dunsparce will be my next project :3

No one can destroy the Metal

The toad of honor Sir Palpitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Got to say Gogoat, really. I is a monster. Gove it 252 Def EVs and it will be bulky enough to take a hit while boosting with Bulk Up and hit back with Horn Leech, healing itself. It can also learn various coverage moves like EQ, Rock Slide, Brick Break and Aerial Ace. And it has even more recovery in form of Milk Drink.
    Then, as the crazy guy I am I put an Eviolite on Palpitoad, gave him Toxic, Protect, Scald and Hydro Pump and sent him out at Ranked in Battle Spot. As far as I can remember he managed to kill a Nidoking once, almost one-shot a Landorus with Hydro Pump and once he aquired a Choice Band/Scarf from Trick. So as most people would predict him to faint immediatley and he did not, he is underrated.
    JOIN THE TOAD SIDE
    AND MAY THE BLUE FORCE BE WITH YOU
    AND I AM NOT YOUR FATHER!

Occasionally, I take my LC team in to the lower tiers without altering their EVs or items.
    Most of the matches have been SubNP Misdreavus sweeps. It is bulkier than its evolution, and finds many opportunities to come in and set up. With Sticky Web and Toxic Spikes up, it then becomes near impossible to kill.

Vivillon. :) In situations where Sleep Clause is not active, it can ANNIHILATE entire teams. All it takes is a bit of accurate sleep guesswork and quiver dance/STAB.

My favorite pokemon to use in the lower tiers are, in no particular order:
    Lickilicky, Typhlosion, Spinarak, Rhydon, Azurill, Dedenne, FEAR Whimsicott, Klinklang, Sigilyph, Gourgeist, Emolga, and FEARCone.

I always loved Quagsire. Outclassed by such and such, but it can prevent a poké from boosting up with Oblivious.

Sig Credit to Caprizant! Check out his shop in the Art Gallery!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast